Warsaw Modlin Airport

"one of the most disappointing experiences in Poland"

Trip Verified | This airport is one of the most disappointing experiences in Poland. Very rude security check treating people more like animals not human beings. Prices in the shops are crazy and when I passed my opinion rude staff member told me if I would have got it before I got checked in wouldn't have been so expensive. Worst airport ever.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"outrageously impolite and unprofessional"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | It's just the worst airport in the EEA, by far. The staff of this ex-military airport are outrageously impolite and unprofessional. EU passports of passengers that do not look "Polska" get checked as if they did not fly within Schengen. The only airport that has a border check for Schengen passengers that do not look Polish.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"No complaints"

Not Verified | We found it just the right size. A very quick check-in, a quick walk through security and a nice lunch. Had no problems getting seats with a little table. Much preferred the calm compared to the big airports. No complaints.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"there is almost no information"

(Poland)

Not Verified | There is no communication with the city centre from this airport. A journey from Edinburgh to Warsaw was shorter than from Modlin to my home in Warsaw and I had to carry my suitcases through two sets of stairs. What is more, at the train station there is almost no information how to get to the city centre.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"some things could easily be improved"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Unlike most reviewers I've had generally good experiences at Modlin. Having said that, I've always flown in Feb, and will do again next year, so it's not too busy. It's a small airport, so you can't expect too much. However, some things could easily be improved. The announcements in English are incomprehisible. The quality of the tannoy is poor, and the staff make announcements much too fast in bad accents. I e-mailed them about this a year or two ago, but didn't even get a reply. I hear the Sky Lounge is going to close next month, which is a great pity. I agree with other reviewers about being brought out onto the tarmac too early. For children and the elderly this is bordering on cruelty in bad weather.
Date VisitFebruary 2017

"Very rude and ignorant staff"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever seen. Very rude and ignorant staff: no one could speak a word of English (it is an international airport!). It’s very small, disorganised and very crowded, with no space to sit down properly! Very lazy staff: the security man on arrival, at the security controls gate scans three tickets and then spends five minutes thinking about its own business, leaving his workplace unattended with no apparent reason, and the queue was only getting longer and longer. Very unprofessional! Not recommended at all.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"There is not enough seating"

Trip Verified | The things they say about Modlin are true. It’s a shack or former military airfield in the middle of nowhere. It still feels like one. The departure lounge is tiny and has to accommodate all flights. Everyone is ushered through early. There is not enough seating. Its an uncomfortable crush. People are sitting in the floor. Security is over zealous. Made severely disabled woman remove shoes and refused to help her get them back on. If you’re flying to Warsaw save yourself the nightmare and go to Chopin airport. It’s not worth the so called ‘cheap’ fare to fly Ryanair into here.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Security was easy and friendly"

Unverified | I'm here now, about to take a ryanair flight from Modlin to Paris Beauvais. I don't get the other reviewers. Check-in was easy. Security was easy and friendly. Now I'm in an area with nice food options. This place is great. I got here at 11.50am for a 13.10pm flight. Easy peasy!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"it was horrific"

Verified Review | We used this airport to depart Warsaw on 27th October, it was horrific. The staff were rude, the place filthy and freezing and as going through security my hip in which I have sciatica gave way and I cried out with pain. The staff continued to speak Polish, I told them I can't walk as I was now in agony. They ignored me and my husband had to help me get to the scan while they stood laughing and talking. It was 9.30 pm and freezing, I couldn't stand up straight in, my husband has c.o.p.d and was using an inhaler and no staff member bothered. Had to walk a terrific distance to the plane and left freezing on tarmac while staff laughed and giggled. Never again.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"It's an appalling airport"

Unverified | The place is a dump, there was no toilet paper in any of the toilets. I am elderly and had to stand for 1 1/2 hours as there were no seats available anywhere including at the gates. The place was packed and we had to queue another 30 minutes to go through passport control with two persons checking. It's an appalling airport which matches an appalling airline - Ryanair.
Date VisitSeptember 2017