Warsaw Chopin Airport

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

Thankfully I had not read reviews on Etiuda before arriving there today. Can an airport seriously get away with this monstrosity in the 21st Century? And with this your final impression of Poland surely their tourist board would do well to petition for a shut down. Small the one shop/kiosk was closed and there was no service from the staff. Have to say we were lucky in that the flights were on time and the shambolic queues did not get out of hand. But I can imagine on a bad day. Just watching people faces as they entered the departure 'lounge' proved to be entertaining in a sick sort of way but if you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

I just returned to Athens/Greece from Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin flying Norwegian. We had to use the notorious Etidua terminal to fly out. I read so many bad comments on the internet that I literally lost my sleep on my last night in Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin trying hard to hide my feelings from my wife as we were celebrating my birthday. Our flight was at 6am so we arrived at the terminal at 03h45am. We stood in a long but disciplined queue. After 30 minutes we checked in. Reasonable waiting time. We then dropped our suitcase as we were instructed to do and proceeded to the departure hall. A bit small to handle so many passengers but not suffocating. Shops opened at 05h something. Bought water and soft drinks plus two sandwiches. Though expensive (13 to 15 zlotys each) the food was delicious. We departed on time. Bottom line no drama! We travel a lot and have been through different situations. And Etiuda was by far not the worst. Taking into account what we saved by flying Norwegian I found the terminal ok. The airline very ok and reliable too. Just be there well ahead of time that's all. Or fly another airline and pay double or tipple. The choice is yours!

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

I was unfortunate enough to read all comments posted here on the Etiuda terminal after I have used it. Arriving from Athens to Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin with Norwegian Air Shuttle was a breeze since the Terminal 1 was used. But leaving Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin for Athens through Etiuda was really my worst check-in ever. The terminal is very small to handle all low-cost passengers and there are only 4-5 check-in desks resulting in a total chaos. There was a huge queue and not a proper one I might add since the place is so small not even queuing lines work. There is no information and signs people try to find their way into the crowd going all directions with their baggage. Once you manage to check-in after an hour's waiting on the queue you are required to stand another hour in the second queue for security scan while also carrying your baggage for x-ray scanning (they don't take it at the check-in counters). Flying budget airlines is not an excuse this is clearly the Chopin airport's problem. I have traveled with low-cost airlines in several airports (Athens Berlin Milan) and never faced this chaos before.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

LOT from LHR and then to IST and found it quite efficient. There was a line up for imigration as only two non EU options out of six open the wait for bags was not too bad although it is confusing when you come across the lost baggage option before the actual baggage claim area. The check in to Istanbul was quick with only 10 people ahead of us and 5 counters.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

I have just returned from Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin and used the notorious 'etuida' terminal. I thought it was going to be bad after reading these reviews but nothing prepared me for this horror. The queue outside the terminal stretched for miles right outside the door. It was freezing cold but at least it was not raining. After waiting for 30 minutes the check in staff casually strolled passed and took their time getting things going.Five check in desks opened and after about an hour I checked in my case and then had to carry it to be scanned .When finally in the passenger lounge which was the size of my bedroom with people lying on the floor because of no seats there was a vending machine serving hot chocolate coffee etc and that was it. The gift shop was closed and another coffee stand was also closed .When the coach arrived to take us to the plane people gathered round in a 'rugby scrum' pushing and shoving to get their boarding pass processed. Some old man ran from the back and just barged everybody out of the way the get on the coach first .There was no order and no queuing system .I have never seen anything like this in my life. It really needs to be shut down right away as this can not be allowed to continue like this. Its a wonder nobody started fighting in the chaos .

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin Etudia - this "terminal" is a joke! Inadequate size shabbiness lack of facilities chaos and complete disregard for passengers. The queue of several hundred people to get into Etudia stretched back down the road along the unfinished pavement. People were jumping the queue after nearly an hour still not inside the terminal and with the flight about to close so did I. At the head of the queue there are about six or seven check-in desks. As everybody has to carry their checked-in luggage to the luggage scanner in the security point at the end of the line of desks the desks are choked with people and luggage. Fortunately it was not raining. Fortunately there were no delays cancelled flights or security scares. Fortunately I can fight my way up a queue if I have to. How dare they allow this "terminal" continue to operate the way it does?

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

If you can afford to fly Lot or a none budget airline do so. Flying out of Etudia with Wizz Air is one the worst experiences of your life. The first time I did it hated it and vowed never again. Stupidly I did it again in order to save my company £100 in expenses. The flight was delayed by 2 hours with no word from the staff why. To be honest your lucky if you ever do find a member of staff. Iv always said Id try anything twice. What I will also point out is that there is no queing system whatsoever when you first get into the terminal and no staff to manage it. So people are pushing in left right and centre. What made me laugh (which is hard in the circumstances) was how the ignorant girl working in the kiosk (there are no shops or cafes here) decided after the flight had been delayed and people were hot and bored to start stacking the shelves and close the shop. It beggers belief!! At one point I felt there may be a riot on the cards. Then 30 minutes later she calmly opened up again to a half mile long queue. The conditions are terrible service none existant toilets appalling.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

Even if you're departing from the rough Etudia Terminal and you have waiting time before your flight take the 4 minute walk up the ramp to the Marriott Hotel. The lobby is just like a Business Class lounge they have internet facilities for next to nothing and comfortable sofas.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin Airport has just gotten a new Terminal so maybe disappointed passengers will now have a chance to experience something better than before. About Etiuda - if you're travelling with low-cost airlines the conditions are bad. It's not airport's fault that airline doesn't want to pay more for the better terminal.

Warsaw Chopin Airport customer review

Travelled to and from Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin airport 25-27 October. Arriving at WAW is like taking a step back in time but not in a good way. Bleek airport - many flights do not have access to gangways - it's all via stairs and busses. Terminal itself is really grey and very outdated. Departures is worse. Left on a Friday afternoon and it felt like all of Poland was trying to escape to the West. No seating anywhere. Shops were full and it was more because there is nothing else to do. As a business class passenger I was given access to the business class lounge (used by *ALL* airlines) only to find a small cramped room with even fewer seats. Plenty of drinks yes but other catering was miserable. Also no good ventilation thus making it seem like a sauna. They are building a new terminal but looking at the rest of Poland I don't know if this will be any better. Poland especially Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin has a long way to go to catch up with the rest of Europe. In any case beware of travelling through Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin.