Vienna Airport

"my experience with it was awful"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Today I was departing from Vienna International Airport. I fully acknowledge the necessity and importance of luggage control, but unfortunately, my experience with it was awful. After scanning my hand luggage I was asked to open it and, since it is a holiday season, I was carrying several presents with me. Everything got turned upside down into a complete mess and one of the packaged presents especially did not appeal to the ladies. They ripped the gift paper and told me to open the taped package myself, since 'they had fancy nails'. I asked them to give me scissors at least, to which they got annoyed, took my bag of liquids with cosmetics and dumped everything from the straight hands' height to the table. One of them took a bottle of hand cream and tried to cut the tape with its sharp end, did not manage to do so and out of anger said 'Sch**se' and threw it to the floor. Eventually, they managed to open it, did not find anything suspicious and obviously made me pack everything back together and asked me to take my 'trash' (ripped gift paper) with me.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"avoid this airport at all cost"

(Poland)

Not Verified | I was waitting to drop my luggage when power went down at T1A. No heat in December - speechless. 21:00 - I wanted to eat something. Only one place still open and had only 2 sandwiches available. I took one - horrible taste. If you have a choice avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"poor service by the lost property office"

Trip Verified | Not the worst airport however experienced a poor service by the lost property office. I managed to leave a duty free bag at the departure gate but realized once I was on board. Upon my arrival I completed the lost property form and all they have to say was that my items of worth £200+ got 'lost' and that they won't check camera because of this. Oh well, lesson learned.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"a terrible airport"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Plenty of stairs, bad sign-posting, no lounge in my terminal (and one does not really want to wander to the other end of the airport), totally overpriced breakfast (normally at this price you get a hotel buffet). In brief, a terrible airport, not the first experience but first time I bother writing about it, after a short night flight from Central Asia, when some comfort really would have been needed.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"has limited seats"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Boarding lounge has limited seats, over 50% of passengers are standing. Tax refund counter officers are rude and return money by other currency. Staff English levels are not up to standard.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"clean and modern airport"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Very clean and modern airport with lot of shops. Security check was fast. Helpful staff. I forgot to move out my bottle with water at security and my bag come to secondary check line. I had just 5 minutes to go to gate and staff give me my bag in 2 minutes. All good.

"Not very pleasant"

Not Verified | Transiting through from London to Kosovo. On way out, went straight from London flight to D gate area. After passing through an over crowded security area went down stairs to a small, overcrowded and underfacilitated bussing gate complex. Not very pleasant. Thankfully I was on a short connection as I wouldn’t like to spend much time there. On the way back had three hours in the main departure area. Very clean with plenty of seating and a number of eateries scattered around, but the food and beverage prices are truely over priced, even by airport standards, No drinking water fountains as far as I could see, just bottled water ranging up to 5 euros for half a litre. Coffee, drinks and food boosted to the same level as the water.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"limited range of duty-free"

Trip Verified | Transit at Vienna Airport from Beijing to Manchester, the area of the airport I was in (The D gates) was very chaotic and very crowded, since I cannot go to another part of the airport, I was restricted to a medium sized room with limited seating for 2 hours (luckily it was quite early so there wasn’t too many people) there was a very limited range of duty-free store as the gate area was very small. After passing the security check into the bus-boarding area, the area was even crowded than the main waiting area! There was no space and everyone for more than 10 different flights are crammed into 2 small rooms. The staff at the security checks are also very distracted and pretends to be too busy directing people to be helping me even when I’ve asked them multiple times.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"chaos in the airport"

Trip Verified | Absolute chaos and very poor service. I was flying to Athens on the 1st September. Flight cancelled! We were provided with hotel but rerouting procedure is complex and cannot discuss, we had to fly the same flight the following day and cancelled again and it became chaos in the airport. No hotel provided, they closed all counters and just let customers down. After long calls I managed to get a flight via Belgrade to Athens where we are now but without our luggage! 4 days already without luggages and the worse is that nobody seems to care about this situation. You are a number in the system and no information available despite many calls. I am really looking forward to never flying again via Vienna airport. Weather cannot be the only one responsible!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"staff extremely abrupt and rude"

Trip Verified | I have used Vienna airport for my transit flights for at least 30 times between London and Pristina. Yesterday was the first time I had a bad experience by the staff members at the security check point. They took three bottles of water that I had for me and my family and binned them. Their excuse was that any liquids from countries outside the EU can not go through unless I had proof of purchase and had them sealed in plastic bags. I always carried bottles of water on the plane to drink during the flight. Obviously they couldn’t be sealed as we have been drinkin out of those bottles. However this was the first time the water was snatched of my bag and binned. The behaviour of the staff was extremely abrupt and rude. If I have water on an Austrian airplane; how come I cannot carry it with me on the next airplane and how come this is the first time water was taken of me and I was being told that this rule is for many years now? I had to pay €4.20 for half littre of water. It is too polite to call it as “very expensive”; in fact it’s an absolute rip off. I don’t understand why the prices have to be that high. I would like to know why this has happened to me just like that out of blue. I hope somebody will reply to my and appologise for this act. However, Vienna airport is a brilliant one. Plenty of nice seats especially for long waiting.