Vienna Airport

"It was a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I’ve been flying through Vienna Airport for the last 20+ years and never experienced any rudeness from the employees towards the travelers until today. I got screamed and clapped at from a security guy at bags check out only for getting confused with moving the trays with my belongings. He was screaming at me and saying something about red and green traffic lights, how I stop by red and go by green although they had there no lights, red or green, at all. He actually brought me to tears and I wish I never need to step a foot in this airport again. Unfortunately I will have to so hopefully they teach the employees how to talk to customers. It was a horrible experience. My 9-year old daughter was also in shock.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Poor picture for beautiful Vienna"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | With a family of four I still cannot understand why there are no water coolers available. Why we need to pay 2,00 euros for a bit of water. It is unacceptable. One should not pay for water. Liquids are restricted for security purposes, therefore it should be free. Nasty way of making a buck. Restaurants at Gate F are BS. Simple. Get something before you check in and drink tons of water! If you travel after 1900 , you will starve. Everything closes. This is not Vienna, this is something else. Airport Management talk to your Customers. Poor picture for beautiful Vienna.
Date VisitMay 2022

"I will do everything I can to avoid Vienna Airport"

Not Verified | This airport looks new however the design is bad, you will walk, walk and keep walking all the time. Basically all gates are in line, from 0 to 75, so if yours is the 75, it will takes you a good 20 minutes walk to go there. But this is not the worst about Vienna Airport. The worst is that this is the only airport in the world that proceed to a hand luggage security check during the transit. I don't really see the point. All passengers have passed security check for their first plane, and when they transit in Vienna, they have to go threw security a second time. That means that the bottles after wasting your bottle of water and buying a new one at the first check, you have to waste again this bottle and buy again another one at this second checkpoint. What a waste of time and money. Now I know it, I will do everything I can to avoid Vienna Airport, a pure waste of time and money.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Unpleasant experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | We were stacked for more than 45min in the line for the bags check. No more than 6 or 7 spots were open to service us and when we asked for security to help us somehow and we mentioned that our flight will leave, he said that most of the departures are postponed so no worries. But our gate never waited for us. We had to run and beg the lady to let us pass to the aircraft. Unpleasant experience, to be at the airport an hour before the gate is open and to arrive at the gate 1 min before it closes.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Horrible experience!"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience! Could never imagine that just one employee could ruin the whole customer experience - unprofessional. On top of that logistics at the airport is very inconvenient.

"no distance possible"

Trip Verified | Horrible airport experience, crowded, packed with people. Chaos at check in security and gate. People are packed together, no distance possible dangerous in this corona time. Avoid
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"There are always very long queues"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna airport is the worst airport. There are always very long queues at check-in where you have to wait up to 2 hours. Next very large queues are also at passport control, we waited for about hour and half. Also, the staff in the airport are very unprofessional, rude and they are not helpful at all. Toilets are really dirty there. I don't recommend visiting this airport at all.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"long transfer time between terminals"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Very ineffective, delays, long transfer time between terminals (by bus). Do not recommend to choose it for transfer or destination.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"zero distancing enforced"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Worst airport ever. Incredibly unprofessional and rude staff: yelling at customers and unable to create a line for passport control or even security checks ! And besides that no covid rules enforced: there was zero distancing enforced which is ridiculous. I have never been yelled at for nothing that much at any airport before.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Vienna airport has shown to be very ineffective"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Vienna airport has shown to be very ineffective: - Long waiting time (1.5h) for EU passports. Effectively, the shift ended with the responsible asking the remaining passengers to go to the end of the next queue "all passports" - Unfortunately I lost a wallet with a phone. While the wallet has been given to me, for the phone I was forced to submit a claim and pay a fee of 20eur to get it back, only on the following Monday (I travelled on a Saturday). I don't think is common to have a price range for lost items. Additionally, the working hours 9am to 1pm only on weekdays are ridiculous.
Date VisitJuly 2021