Vienna Airport

"A disappointment every single time"

Not Verified | Vienna Airport is one of the most annoying and worst organised airports I have ever been too. A disappointment every single time I fly from here. No proper seating areas. You have to go to Gate where the security check happens. You can't prepare fluids or stuff beforehand because there is no area to do so. You are queuing forever and the have to rush and find a plastic bag and prepare everything when you are up to go through security. After you are through, you might sit for 5 mins, if you find a spot, or you just continue queuing again because now they are boarding and checking the passes again. To summarise, get prepared to queue and queue and queue. If you don't want to wait in the queue before security, you can't sit down. No proper seating area anywhere, except that very overpriced and odd restaurant called 'Johann Strauss' but then you have to consume something, otherwise you can't sit here. I am still young and healthy but this surely might be an issue for elderly or someone who can't just be on their feet for such a long time. Also, the set up of the airport is just odd. I am flying to London a lot and have to get to go outside and then in and around the corner - it's a confusing and odd set up. One wonders what's has been done with the outrageous sums of money they had spent years ago. To give an indicator. I queued for security about 25 mins. That's just people who go on 1 flight. Not everyone.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"never been so annoyed by an airport before"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I’ve ever used for departure. Security is at the gate - can’t judge time for lounge, coffee etc, can’t buy a water bottle. Ridiculous amount of time to drop bags for business class, not sure how much of that can be blamed on the airline, but they’re fine at other airports. Boarding pass scanners don’t work, staff member on duty was extremely rude for no reason at all rather than say, just apologising (I didn’t say a word). When you reach the gate the facilites are the kind of thing you’d expect in a tiny regional airport. Lounge at least is quiet and pleasant but poorly signed. Won’t ever be coming here again, unless by train. Horrible. Never written a review before but never been so annoyed by an airport before.

"Inadequate services airside"

Trip Verified | Very bad airport considering it is for a Capital city. Inadequate services airside (i.e a couple of vending machines, one water fountain and one WC). What there is of services is before security which is at the gates. This doesn't work it causes too much hassle you want to be able to complete checks then have a coffee or snack while waiting, here you can't. Learn from other airports like Schipol and put security where it should be!

"unorganized and unprepared"

Trip Verified | Absolutely a horrible experience! Totally unorganized and unprepared for the inctrased number of passengers travelling at this time if the year. No delimited queues created for the security check, resulting in people staying unorganized, in a big mass and incredibly long waiting times. The majority of the flights are delayed Today, 22nd of December, but there are absolutely no information given by any of the staff.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"my experience with it was awful"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Today I was departing from Vienna International Airport. I fully acknowledge the necessity and importance of luggage control, but unfortunately, my experience with it was awful. After scanning my hand luggage I was asked to open it and, since it is a holiday season, I was carrying several presents with me. Everything got turned upside down into a complete mess and one of the packaged presents especially did not appeal to the ladies. They ripped the gift paper and told me to open the taped package myself, since 'they had fancy nails'. I asked them to give me scissors at least, to which they got annoyed, took my bag of liquids with cosmetics and dumped everything from the straight hands' height to the table. One of them took a bottle of hand cream and tried to cut the tape with its sharp end, did not manage to do so and out of anger said 'Sch**se' and threw it to the floor. Eventually, they managed to open it, did not find anything suspicious and obviously made me pack everything back together and asked me to take my 'trash' (ripped gift paper) with me.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"avoid this airport at all cost"

(Poland)

Not Verified | I was waitting to drop my luggage when power went down at T1A. No heat in December - speechless. 21:00 - I wanted to eat something. Only one place still open and had only 2 sandwiches available. I took one - horrible taste. If you have a choice avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"poor service by the lost property office"

Trip Verified | Not the worst airport however experienced a poor service by the lost property office. I managed to leave a duty free bag at the departure gate but realized once I was on board. Upon my arrival I completed the lost property form and all they have to say was that my items of worth £200+ got 'lost' and that they won't check camera because of this. Oh well, lesson learned.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"a terrible airport"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Plenty of stairs, bad sign-posting, no lounge in my terminal (and one does not really want to wander to the other end of the airport), totally overpriced breakfast (normally at this price you get a hotel buffet). In brief, a terrible airport, not the first experience but first time I bother writing about it, after a short night flight from Central Asia, when some comfort really would have been needed.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"has limited seats"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Boarding lounge has limited seats, over 50% of passengers are standing. Tax refund counter officers are rude and return money by other currency. Staff English levels are not up to standard.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"clean and modern airport"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Very clean and modern airport with lot of shops. Security check was fast. Helpful staff. I forgot to move out my bottle with water at security and my bag come to secondary check line. I had just 5 minutes to go to gate and staff give me my bag in 2 minutes. All good.
Date VisitSeptember 2018