Verona Airport

"Information was lacking"

Not Verified | We travelled to Gatwick, London with EasyJet. It took almost 2 hours to reach the Departure Gate. No staff were visible. Information was lacking. No seats at check in area and few at the gate. Overcrowded and inefficiently managed airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Why is this airport so understaffed?"

NotVerified | How this airport has changed since we last used it 9 years ago! Arrivals wasn't too bad with the inevitable queues, but Departures was another story. We arrived by taxi at 9.35 am for a 12.15 flight, and checked in straight away with TUI with no waiting. Then the queuing began - straight to Security and joined a long queue: there were 9 lanes, (A to I), but only 4 were in use. Several earlier flights were called through so we didn't move at all. After about an hour we were through and straight into another queue for Passports. This went straight through Duty Free but moved so slowly that we took turns to visit the shop, buy very expensive water and visit the toilet. Again they were not using all available lanes. Once at the gate it was heaving with frustrated people but we did manage to find a seat. We were put on a very hot bus and kept waiting on there for ages before being transferred to the aircraft. Why is this airport so understaffed? If all the lanes had been used it would've been much better, although the waiting areas at the gates are far too small for the number of people using them at busy times.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"this was an absolute disappointment"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | As a business traveler for more than 30 years, I expected something better in a European country, even at a regional airport, but this was an absolute disappointment, overcrowded, lack of seating space, filthy restrooms, signposted like a neglected bus station in a remote african state. No jet steps for the planes and to my great great surprise in the whole airport there was only one brand of water, just one and only one (at all the places selling water) at the unbelievable cost of 2.55 euros for a bottle of 750 ml. French perfume costs less than this single brand of water.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Shocking place"

Not Verified | Shocking place, filthy toilets, lack of seating for number of passengers using the place. 2 different flights departing from gate 11 queueing at the same time causing total confusion. All these combined with inadequate air conditioning will ensure I never fly to/from here again!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"staff extremely rude"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed by 17 hours travelling with Ernest Airlines. My family of 5 which included 3 children, had to sit on the floor of the airport lobby for the majority of the time. No staff offered assistance and there was no where I could get help unless I purchased a new ticket with another airline. The staff in 2 of the main restaurants were extremely rude towards my children who were getting very bored waiting around. One lady shouted at me when I suggested that I was next in line for my order after she let 2 customers skip ahead of the queue. Wifi was down for the entire time. It's very disappointing that I felt so afraid and undervalued as a customer here. I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Disorganized and understaffed"

Trip Verified | Disorganized and understaffed. Toilets full of dirt, no loo paper. Check-in very late to start. Passport control is after duty free, not enough channels open so once again very long queue with no organisation, lots of queue jumping and no chance to look at shops or sit for a coffee. Hardly any seats and because people going to gates too soon due to passport control situation, very crowded at gates far too early. Very poor. Water bottles at gate 10 euros. I would not return to the area because of the airport.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Service horrible"

Not Verified | Servizio orribile ritardi abbiamo aspettato 20 min su autobus sotto il sole cuocente perche non trovavano l autista Voli sempre in ritardo non volevano darmi etichetta per passeggino. - Service horrible delays we waited 20 min on buses under the burning sun because they could not find the driver. Flights always late did not want to give me label for stroller
Date VisitJuly 2018

"won't be spending any more money here"

Not Verified | Bricco Cafe has easily the rudest member of staff I have ever seen. In my lifetime I have seen many people whom were not fit to work in a customer facing role but this woman has to be the worst and most deliberately offensive. When it became obvious I did not understand the fluent and rather rapid Italian she was firing at me, she slammed the receipt down on the counter, snatched my money out of my hand and slammed the change back down. I got off lightly compared to the elderly gentleman in front of me who was spoken to like a child. If you have a problem with people who don't speak Italian its probably a good idea not to work in an airport. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a stupid little Englishman who won't be spending any more money here. Good day.
Date VisitMay 2018

"terminals are easy to navigate"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I often use this airport as close to home. There are 2 terminals, one for arrivals and one for departures. Both terminals are easy to navigate and easily accessible from the town, parking areas are widely provided. As we are talking of a small airport, it might be busy on some days, such as weekends in summer and winter as the destination is very popular for holidays on Lake Garda in summer and Dolomites in winter. I almost never had to make long queues for the security. Not many food options, especially after the security, seating areas are small and might be crowded during peak days.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"simply not enough seats"

Unverified | Having experienced chaotic Italian airports before I was overall pleasantly surprised by my recent experiences at Verona airport. Arrival was very good, straight off aircraft and on bus for 30 second ride. Passports check was only 3 minutes and cases straight out. Plane to waiting car about 10-12 minutes - not bad at all. Departure ok, check desk open on time security queue very short. Main minus points little seating, poor signage, flies on food. Plane was an hour late not the airports fault and departure lounge was very full, again simply not enough seats.
Date VisitAugust 2017