Vancouver Airport

Vancouver Airport customer review

Arrival from London. The experience was great : well sign posted clean terminal our baggage virtually waiting for us as we came through immigration polite and no queues - everything about it swift and pleasant. We were in the domestic terminal and walking to the gate of a our connecting flight in just 35 minutes from landing! Compare that to needing the full 2 two hour connecting time from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 at Heathrow to comfortably catch the Vancouver flight.

Vancouver Airport customer review

Our departure was almost as good as our arrival. The quality of the airport supports a wonderful city. The departure processes were done a little better than in some other places. The terminal is attractive and the assistant in the Olympic Boutique was charming.

Vancouver Airport customer review

This was our first visit to Vancouver and we arrived by BA at 1845. The airport appeared very quiet calm and serene. The walk from the plane to immigration area was very long once in the arrivals hall the ambience was very pleasant lots of greenery and water fall features. The immigration process was quick and efficient baggage recovery smooth and we were on our way. After having read some of the horror stories about immigration delays and surprised at the efficiency and promptness of the officials.

Vancouver Airport customer review

I felt puzzled at the recent mixed reviews of YVR based on my own arrival there. Yes it is a walk from the gate to immigration but no more so than many large airports these days and it is through a bright clean and imaginatively decorated terminal. There was no wait at immigration and we were well treated. We were allowed to go through as a couple which would not happen further south. Baggage delivery was swift. We were in our taxi and headed downtown before even our scheduled arrival time. YVR gets absolutely top marks for multi-lingual signs. English French and Japanese with some Punjabi and Chinese. My only complaint – although I was not personally affected – is that just like America they have no concept of transit passengers thus creating a totally unnecessary workload for both passengers and staff in recovering baggage and going through pointless customs and immigration procedures.

Vancouver Airport customer review

Easy to use and friendly helpful staff. Very strange though that on my last two visits as a transit passenger I had to go through the full immigration process even though I was not staying in Canada or leaving the airport!

Vancouver Airport customer review

Vancouver Airport is clean and passing through baggage claim was a breeze for me. The airport is not very big and I find most of the things very convenient. Parking is great and does not cost a lot and there are cabs to take out of the airport for about $20-$35. The signs were very clear for me so I knew which way to go and not get confused. All in all I think the airport is excellent in Vancouver!

Vancouver Airport customer review

I would like to add a comment in support of all the complaints regarding the amount of walking that has to be done when arriving from the U.S. for an international departure (and I assume vice-versa). I paced it last time and from the Air Canada Jazz gate to the customs and immigration line was 1000+ meters/almost 2/3 mile. So if you're on a tight turn or are infirm or not able to walk long distances just the walk is an issue. Then when you get through the inbound customs it's another couple hundred meters to check-in/security outbound. And the idea that they have a huge international departure concourse but you cannot get into it without entering Canada first is ridiculous. if you can avoid this airport do so unless you need the hassle and exercise.

Vancouver Airport customer review

Flew out of Vancouver airport to USA (SFO) on a Sunday morning - a nightmare! Check in was reasonable if somewhat unfriendly. Then a LONG zigzag queue which moved VERY slowly - 30+min to get through immigration. With such a slow throughput I was amazed to find the same again for security - 30min this time. Although travelling to USA we were told that we could not access the executive lounge because it was for international departures only! Very poor signage – difficult to navigate. Make sure you arrive a long time before your flight. Reckon it will be chaos for the Olympics next year.

Vancouver Airport customer review

Very easy to navigate with clear signage and even free WiFi. It is great to see they're putting in a light rail line in preparation for the Winter Olympics next year and this they say should be ready in the next 2-3 months. Otherwise a cab is for only $25-30 CAD or the Airporter Shuttle (which I would not recommend as it is often delayed/off-schedule) if you aren't in a rush.

Vancouver Airport customer review

The switch from domestic to international is a killer. One has to walk a long ways to get from one to the other. One major issue I had was the security going into the international section. The return trip is always a hassle since one has to walk a long way to get to immigration with only one line that snakes around to get to an immigration agent. Then pick up your bags at the carousel to go through customs. And then drop it off at another carousel. After one goes upstairs to get to the domestic side and walk to the other side of the terminal. I wonder what it would be like during the Vancouver Olympics.