Vancouver Airport

“the worst service oriented airport”

Not Verified | This is the worst service oriented airport I have ever experienced. I was selected for a 'random customs check' which took time and sent me out into the beginning of the security area with a connecting flight to catch in half an hour. I went to the Information desk who then gave me a green stamp on my boarding pass and told me that would allow me to get to the front of the security line. I showed the boarding pass with the green stamp to the security person who was dismissive, did not look or read my boarding pass and said: "You go to end of line." Worrying and stressed I did so. I ran to my flight and barely made it on without a chance to use the washroom or get a bottle of water. This airport has the worst care for people I have ever experienced, and I fly all over Canada and the US. I will now fly via Calgary to return home to Kelowna.
Date VisitJune 2024

"n hour for luggage to start coming"

Trip Verified | Took an hour for luggage to start coming on the belt. No other belts even operating, completely ridiculous. If you can’t handle the luggage don’t take a flight in.
Date VisitMay 2024

"extremely slow and arrogant"

Trip Verified | I was travelling with my carry on baggage and personal item only. As an experienced traveller I was aware about liquid and gel rules and packed them in my clear bag ahead, and placed in the bin. I was surprised when one of the staff has decided to check my bag. She was extremely slow and arrogant. She didn’t ask any permission, just opened a bag and without comments began to open all items one after another, checking and reading labels of my cosmetics and medicine. She started to place in the clear bag everything- cream (25g), eyelash, lipstick. When I asked when it became a rule she laughed and said 16 years ago. I am not arguing with the officer in the morning flight but I think that it should be respected environment. If I breach any rule, explain why so I would not do it again. I never ever had any issues with those items in the baggage. And I would accept it if not the tone and the face. Train your officers on how to provide a customer service or at least be tolerant and professional.
Date VisitApril 2024

"security lines are ridiculous long"

Not Verified |   First time traveling with our skis, we arrived at the airport 3 hours before our flight & barely made the flight. The 1 screening point for skis / oversized luggage had hundreds of us & it took nearly 2 hours to get through it. It was ridiculous. I will never again go through Vancouver airport. The security lines are ridiculous long even with Global entry. The mornings are so slow and the agents so grumpy that we opted for the afternoon flight. Hundreds of us were panicking over making our flights.
Date VisitMarch 2024

"one of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | This is one of the worst experiences at an airport. First you have to take your bags to a security check yourself after check in at the counter. Normal bags one place oversized in another. The line to scan your oversized bag was at least half an hour long with one old slow scanner. This is a ski destination so there’s a lot of people with oversized bags. So guess what happens. Then the global entry has a super long line and literally no one in the other lines because they only have one lane open for the Nexus line. You would think they would look at what is happening and open another line, but again just no thought from the people running the place. Then of course there is no one world lounge for an international airport. 0 Stars for this airport!
Date VisitMarch 2024

"awesome customer service"

Not Verified | I was with my mother at the entrance of the airport. There was a young man named William. He asked us if we needed help and I couldn't believe he helped us to get a wheelchair immediately. That was awesome customer service compared to my experience in LA airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2024

"In desperate need of a cleaning"

Trip Verified | In desperate need of a cleaning especially when hygiene has escalated from the Covid epidemic. Appears dust has been collecting since initial construction
Date VisitJanuary 2024

"Over 60 mins wait for luggage"

Not Verified | Over 60 mins wait for luggage at this airport with no announcement. All the passengers from the flight from Montreal left in limbo. Either Air Canada or YVR baggage services have no shame or pride in their client service.
Date VisitJanuary 2024

"She went above and beyond"!

Not Verified | I recently transited through YVR. A WestJet flight booked by my company for work was delayed, causing me to miss my connecting flight to China. Then they lost my bag or could not verify it’s location. They claimed it was with Air China on its way to China or possibly Sydney without me. Fortunately during my search I met Tina in the airport customer service. She took care of me, and found my bag within an hour. She went above and beyond and I was able to get my luggage and continue on other airlines to be to at work on time in SE Asia . Tina is a very good representative for the YVR airport.
Date VisitDecember 2023

"Very rude security"

Trip Verified | Very rude security. Yelling at people, just a joke I’ve been all around the world and this airport makes Canada look like terrible. I’m embarrassed to be Canadian with these people Acting like this! This is not the first time. This has happen many times.
Date VisitSeptember 2023