Tenerife Airport

"plenty of space and not overcrowded"

Trip Verified | I found the airport to be easy to navigate, plenty of space and not overcrowded. However it didn't have many restaurants or shops, only really 3 restaurants with not much choice. The toilets were clean and plentiful, trolleys available and a majority of seating. However the WiFi and connectivity was awful.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"our departure from Tenerife South airport was brilliant"

Not Verified | I would just like to say our departure from Tenerife South airport was brilliant. The staff were very courteous, the airport was absolutely full to bursting with holiday makers. There were loads of Ryanair checkouts open and it went as smoothly as you can possibly imagine . I have to say Tenerife South Airport deserves the highest accolade for everything running as smoothly as it did considering the high volume of passengers. Manchester Airport should go and visit this Airport and learn some very valuable lessons. I wrote the previous complaint on arrival at the airport I’m now so ashamed as the departure was actually amazingly smooth.
Date VisitMay 2022

"a very long maze to walk around"

Not Verified | We arrived yesterday at Tenerife South Airport to a very long maze to walk around to get from the entrance to getting your passport scanned and then stamped. I have fibromyalgia and it nearly killed me. We were treated like a herd of cattle. There was absolutely no need to go around this huge maze to get from A to B. I have been coming to Tenerife for 18 years and never had one complaint. Who in there right mind decided this was necessary. The staff were rude and had no regard for our well-being.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed. We booked mobility assistance, but the man came and told my disabled husband to walk the stairs and go to the bus. Didn't bring a wheelchair. My husband managed stairs dangerously and was shuffled in the crowded bus. Lost his legs completely and had to rest on the floor. Nobody helped, the bus driver saw him struggling and left saying he doesn't know anything!
Date VisitApril 2022

"queued for 1.5 hours for EasyJet check in"

Not Verified | Ghastly experience, queued for 1.5 hours for EasyJet check in, queue trailed all past retail areas, next to no supervision of passengers, absolutely awful. Airport was very warm. This airport to be avoided if at all possible. After long wait to check in escalators were not working.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Very nice, with great hospitality"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | We traveled with help from The Sin Barreras Team at the airport (Handicap assistance). I easily applied for help. I could easily choose which type of help I needed, all from deaf, blind, angst, physical, mental etc. All needs seem to be accommodated. Arrival, by plane, is very easy and pleasant. Very nice, with great hospitality. The Departure is equally perfect. Bright and chill, on the warm days are a plus! There's a great variety on all you could want. The help, all around, is eminent! The atmosphere is amongst the best I've experienced, and I've experienced a bit. Spanish airports are in general highly pleasant, most definitely if you are in need of assistance.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"the heat was unbearable"

Not Verified | Arrived yesterday from UK. Escalator not working, had to carry luggage up staircase which was overcrowded, all passengers held in a very enclosed space, the heat was unbearable, 1 lady fainted, a paramedic was called, several young children crying and very distressed. I asked an official why there was no aircon, he said due to risk of covid, he checked escalator and reported it was broken he was very apologetic.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"my luggage had been tampered with"

Trip Verified | This is the second time I have arrived Home after departing Tenerife south Airport and found my luggage had been tampered with and items and money had been taken. It is always to late to complain once home and unloading Suitcase and you have no or little proof. Do not leave any valuable in Suitcases, It is a shame I have to write this after having a great Holiday but I feel People should be aware that someone is going through your luggage in the departure area,
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"The security didn’t care less"

Not Verified | Travelled through here today with my child who is 18 months she was so tired and very very upset. The security didn’t care less. One security officer actually laughed at me. They are a disgrace and don’t care about any passengers. My child was sobbing her little heart out and they didn’t care. They could clearly see I was stressed and also pregnant. They could have easily made my journey much easier and more stress free by simply letting me have my buggy sooner but refused to do so. They actually refused to put it through the scanner until they checked my baby food even though there was 3 more staff members standing round doing nothing.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"Shame on the Ryanair workers"

Trip Verified | The worst airport ever. The staff is unfriendly and you will not get help from anybody if you don’t speak Spanish. Even police don’t talk in English. Yesterday 16 people including me lost their flights with ryanair because of unorganised police control. When i finally passed control the aircraft doors were closed already. They asked us to pay 100e extra for the flight ticket to return today (01.10) We paid and then after half an hour they have told us that this money will be refunded to us, and that we have to sort it ourselves online. Shame on the Ryanair workers in South Tenerife Airport.
Date VisitOctober 2021