Tel Aviv Airport

"the place is under-service"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Terminal 1 at the Tel aviv airport is for domestic flights and international low-cost flights. Upon arrival to the terminal, we were directed to security check for luggage, even though we were traveling only with a smaal backpack. We have a person that is considered with Special Assistance, no line or service for families with children or for passengers with special assistance. Everyone has to pack up in the same security line, there is no seperate line for passengers only with hand luggage. At the upper floor, the space was crouded, toilets were not really cleaned, even though threre were cleaners all the time. Seens as if the cleaners were just standing there waiting to go home. Cleaning carts were left in the way to the toilets, what caused a mobility problem for a person with a wheelchair or blind. All in all, the place is hectic. Boarding was strange, passed the gate and stood an hour waiting for the bus to take us to the plane. All in all the place is under-service and gives a bad taste. Pity tourists leaving Israel have to pass through such a place.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

" very stressful airport to go through"

Trip Verified | Arrival experience seamless. One scans passport and issued a blue ticket which is presented to passport control. The departure experience is cumbersome. We arrived 3 hours before our flight. Airport was very crowded. There is a security check before getting to the check in counters. This process is lengthy as the officer asks questions about where you have been, church affiliation etc. Check in was chaotic as passengers blocked access to the business class check in with their luggage and themselves. It took the intervention of another passenger to request the passengers clear the way for business class passenger. The signage here is primarily in Hebrew and no clear directions to the departing gates. By the time one gets through security, check in and passport control/security, there isn't much time to relax. This is a very stressful airport to go through. Not impressed.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"took me by surprise in a good way"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | It is hard nowadays to say anything regarding of air travel has improved. But the experience at TLV this September took me by surprise in a good way. The airline check in opened three hours before departure reducing stress of any long lines that may be ahead. Security was efficient and to the point no wasted time. The biometric passport control is probably the fastest passport control system less than half a minute for each passport. Duty free shops are all privately owned and operated sadly all over priced and under staffed waste of time and money. On return trip back to TLV it took 40 minutes minutes from arrival until we were out of the airport doors including the time waiting and picking up our checked suitcases. Wow.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"worst airport I have ever been to"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Security screening is multi layered, useless and unnecessary. I was accompanying a mentally challenged 50-year old man and the security at the entrance thought that I was a criminal and he was ok to proceed with the remaining of the security process alone. It was like taking the mother away from a 2-year old baby, that can't even talk. They separated us, without any notification whatsoever, based on the answers I gave a teenage girl at the airport gate: - How many languages do you speak (u trying to recruit me?) - Who packed your bag (not my mom) - Are you a part of any community (latin) - Which religion do you believe in (none) I then was taken to a separate security point where many things of mine were wrongfully confiscated without a decent explanation or even notification. I found out many things were missing even after I got home! They held me there for approximately 2 hours and when they finally let me go, my plane had already left. I spent my last money buying a return ticket home. The personnel at the airport barely speaks English, is deadly rude and denies to offer the services they are being paid for: Customer Service. That includes the people assisting at the boarding gates, the restaurant stuff and the cleaning crew. The only exceptional in behaviour and services was the guy at the Information desk. The announcement boards are all mixed up and not as easy to locate. Many changes take place, like flight times or boarding gates, but you will never know because nobody informs the passengers! It is the worst airport I have ever been to.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"People are so rude there"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Worst travel experience i have ever had. Arrived 3h early and barely even reach the plane late because of all the excessive waiting time for my security check alone! Staff over there are horrible and rude. They opened all my bags, harassed me in front of other passengers, looked through every pocket of anything inside my bags Unscrewed my lens to check if i hid something there. I've been checked again and again, where did i stay, with whom, did i spend my time, and they asked me this again and again. People are so rude there its the worst experience in my life i will never come back to this disgusting place and definitely not letting any of my friends visit and experience this horrible treatment in Israel airport.

"Very frustrating experience"

Trip Verified | Very frustrating experience at Ben Gurion today on BA flight to London - not fault of BA First visit to Ben Gurion since 2019 - sensed the airport has gone backwards Travelled this afternoon Lots of flights to Europe take off late afternoon Arrived with what we thought was good time good time Found that pre check in security no longer has flight specific queues Instead sides A and B have 2 generic queues - not related to take off time No effort to pull people out at risk of missing flight Having checked in more further queues to get through for flight security - again no effort to seek out passengers at risk of flight Finally reached boarding gate with less than 20 mins to spare - we were not the last If I ran a duty free ship at Ben Gurion I would be seeking rent reduction - no one using this airport is going to have time to shop
Date VisitAugust 2022

"The worst airport experience"

Not Verified | The worst airport experience which I have during last 10 years of traveling. Spent 3 hours standing in the 3 different queues. No signs in which order you should take the lines. No chairs in big hall. Families with small children stand in common lines. All places are understaffed. Less than 50% of possible windows are working. We are lucky that we arrived 4 hours before our flight time. Barely were on time at our gate. Also taxi scammers attack you at main arrival exit. Avoid this airport
Date VisitJuly 2022

"the worst airport experience"

Trip Verified | This has to be by far the worst airport experience. I arrived 3 and half hours before my flight and still nearly missed it. The customer service is incredibly rude with no concern for anyone. You need your passport checked 6 times just to board the plane. When you first queue to have your passsport checked, there are 9 people standing around when only 2 are working. This is ridiculous considering there were over 500 people waiting! I will never come back solely based on the airport. Absolutely ridiculous
Date VisitJuly 2022

"the worst in terms of waiting times and security"

Trip Verified | Out of all the international airports I have been to this is probably the worst in terms of waiting times and security. I think you need about to go about 4 hours before departing which I have not heard of before. Seems understaffed.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"the airport is massively understaffed in all departments"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Departure: The waiting line is crazy, as the airport is massively understaffed in all departments: security check before check in, hand luggage check, baggage. You always needed to be there 3 hours (due to the security questions), but 2 was also fine. Right now, with the holiday season not even started, 3 hours will make you miss your flight. Split up into 4 areas, only the EL AL area D is properly serviced! 2.5 hours wait before check-in, with just 2 security. And then they didn't even ask the minimum questions, just put the sticker on, when you have an Israeli passport. That took less than 2 minutes! Next line: 45 minutes through security screening. Only made it to the flight, because every flight was delayed. I arrived 3 hours beforehand and barely made it, and it will be going from bad to worse when the holiday start. Calculate at least 4 hours, better 5. Sitting with a coffee on the other side is better than missing your trip. On arrival: add 30 minutes on checked baggage delay.
Date VisitMay 2022