Tbilisi Airport

"no queue at security"

Trip Verified | I must have been to a different TBS than most of the correspondents. OK, by flying AF we arrived late evening and departed at a sensible time in the morning, unlike many flights from Western Europe which arrive / depart in the middle of the night. But our experience was a competent arrival / baggage reclaim / find ATM / get taxi - the last almost certainly a scam opportunity, but you can get that much closer to home. On departure - small queue at check-in, no queue at security - choice of lines to take, no queue at passport control - choice of booths, and friendly folk all the way. Compare this with MAN and I know who comes out better. Once airside, plenty of seats, calm everywhere, pricey cafes - but that's standard to all airports, efficient bus transfer, etc. It's like EDI was in the early Eighties. Enjoy it while you can.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Terrible airport"

(Barbados)

Not Verified | Terrible airport! Extremely rude check-in staff, no smiles, no thank you, nothing. Felt like an animal cramped in this poorly cooled building. Moreover, the security check was unreasonably slow, had to take off my shoes multiple times. Feels more like an insult than a security precaution. Totally ridiculous, can't find words. There is no proper food court either. The magazine selection at the kiosk is a joke, no Economist, NYT, FT, just random Russian papers, totally irrelevant. A lot has to change, will avoid if possible.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"it was very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Treatment at departures is worst. The shop for baggage wrap knew that the baggage of more than 32 kgs is not allowed still he did not mention it to me and wrapped my baggage. When i had to tear off the wrap to reduce bag weight and went back for baggage wrap, the same person gave a sarcastic smile and laughed at me. He simply wanted to make money. The lady at checkin counter of air arabia was as very abrupt and was not ready to hear us at all. The person at security check asked me take off my bangal even after me mentioning that it cannot come out as my finger is hurt still he holded my hand and forcefully took off my bangal hurting my hand. Above all they are openly checking women in front of all. Overall, it was very bad experience at departures.
Date VisitJune 2019

"impressed with the cleanliness"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | From the reviews I have read before visiting the airport, I thought this airport was going to be a complete mess, with lots of people smoking, but this was not the case, upon visiting the airport I was impressed with the cleanliness and short queues, there were no people smoking. The baggages arrived quickly to the belt. Wifi was really fast, the only problem is the lack of food options once you pass security control.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Horrific experience"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Horrific experience with the ladies in one of the kiosks after security. They ignored us, even though we were standing right in front of them. And when we asked to pay for our stuff, they replied with a smirk. When I commented on the bad service, it felt like the lady wanted to jump over the counter and attack me. It doesn't seem like they are very used to being customer friendly at this airport yet, but maybe the increase in tourism will help.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the staff were all helpful"

Not Verified | Impressed with Tbilisi airport. It is efficient and the staff were all helpful. The VIP lounge was clean, well stocked and constantly staffed and well run. The duty free shop is about the size you would expect at an airport of this size. A member of staff came up to me to say hello and asked if I needed any help. This has never happened to me at Gatwick or Heathrow. In fact all the staff I encountered were more helpful than the Terminal 5 staff at Heathrow. Easy pick up and set down outside. In fact my travel problems started when I arrived back at Gatwick. Gatwick really needs to up its game.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"not what one would expect"

Trip Verified | They have this silly policy of not letting people through security until the counters open for check-in. As I had checked in online and had hand luggage only, in any other airport I can go past security and wait at the business lounge. Not here! Information ladies also very impolite and unpleasant, not what one would expect.
Date VisitJune 2018

"had to wait at least 15 min the cold"

Not Verified | There was a line trying to go in the terminal, it was freezing outside and had to wait at least 15 min the cold. The woman at the passport control on Friday 30th at 01.50am was moody and extremely rude, very unpleasant. Have visited Tbilisi many times and this was the first time I have met such an arrogant woman. In Tbilisi normally everyone seems very much friendly with visitors. I must also add the lounge was filthy (prime lounge) it took a while to clean.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"arrival hall is well-organised"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | Due to the increasing number of passengers new arrival terminal has been added to the airport, which made more space in the airport. Also new check-in desks made the queuing time shrink. The seats in the departure hall are really more than enough. There is free wifi throughout airport, which I find really helpful. Though I feel the lack of duty free shops. There is only one duty free shop and it is really small. The arrival hall is well-organised. As a Georgian citizen I had only a minute to wait for the immigration, as there are passport control desks dedicated for only Georgian citizens.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"food is hard to find"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Don't let Tbilisi international airport turn you away from visiting Tbilisi and Georgia. It is a modern airport as far as the immediate design goes. But there it stops. When you arrive as I did around midnight you head for the taxi stand. Lots of taxi and the line appears to be somewhat organise. You need to haggle the price. I was offered a taxi Tbilisi old town for 60 GEL and settled for 50. The correct metered price is around 15. That's what the meter says when you take a taxi back on your day of departure. You will still have to pay 20-26 GEL, but compared to the 50 I paid when I arrived, I have a feeling of have been a smart. So go for 40 when you arrive. Arriving the airport on your departure you need to prepare for asking for your checking gate. No information board. The check in counter opens two hours before. So go around and look for your airline's logo above any check in counter. You will be asked for your passport and boarding card many times. So don't tuck it away in your hand luggage. Keep it at hand. There is a tiny information board right after you've passed the passport control. Don't miss it. There are a couple of other ones, but easy to overlook. Food is hard to find. Try to avoid "ton ton" a mediocre fast food point to your far left when passed the passport control. Expensive mediocre food and lousy service. The coffee and soft drinks point close to the gates is better. I urge the responsible airport authorities to do their best to make Tbilisi intl airport as enjoyable as the rest of their country.
Date VisitOctober 2017