Tbilisi Airport

"completely shut down any questions or requests"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience ever. Staf extremely rude! We were denied entry because of corona virus screening without any reason. No explaination at all, completely shut down any questions or requests. Staff were behaving extremly unprofessionally, they kept shouting at us and ignoring all questions about our baggage. Later on we were escorted on the flight back to Baku with assurance that our baggage will be on the flight which didnt happen. If possible, avoid that airport at all costs.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"staff very rude and no respect"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | The staff at the airport are very rude and no respect! Very tactless! You people must get good manners and right conduct lesson on how to treat people nicely!
Date VisitMarch 2020

"no queue at security"

Trip Verified | I must have been to a different TBS than most of the correspondents. OK, by flying AF we arrived late evening and departed at a sensible time in the morning, unlike many flights from Western Europe which arrive / depart in the middle of the night. But our experience was a competent arrival / baggage reclaim / find ATM / get taxi - the last almost certainly a scam opportunity, but you can get that much closer to home. On departure - small queue at check-in, no queue at security - choice of lines to take, no queue at passport control - choice of booths, and friendly folk all the way. Compare this with MAN and I know who comes out better. Once airside, plenty of seats, calm everywhere, pricey cafes - but that's standard to all airports, efficient bus transfer, etc. It's like EDI was in the early Eighties. Enjoy it while you can.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Terrible airport"

(Barbados)

Not Verified | Terrible airport! Extremely rude check-in staff, no smiles, no thank you, nothing. Felt like an animal cramped in this poorly cooled building. Moreover, the security check was unreasonably slow, had to take off my shoes multiple times. Feels more like an insult than a security precaution. Totally ridiculous, can't find words. There is no proper food court either. The magazine selection at the kiosk is a joke, no Economist, NYT, FT, just random Russian papers, totally irrelevant. A lot has to change, will avoid if possible.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"it was very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Treatment at departures is worst. The shop for baggage wrap knew that the baggage of more than 32 kgs is not allowed still he did not mention it to me and wrapped my baggage. When i had to tear off the wrap to reduce bag weight and went back for baggage wrap, the same person gave a sarcastic smile and laughed at me. He simply wanted to make money. The lady at checkin counter of air arabia was as very abrupt and was not ready to hear us at all. The person at security check asked me take off my bangal even after me mentioning that it cannot come out as my finger is hurt still he holded my hand and forcefully took off my bangal hurting my hand. Above all they are openly checking women in front of all. Overall, it was very bad experience at departures.
Date VisitJune 2019

"impressed with the cleanliness"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | From the reviews I have read before visiting the airport, I thought this airport was going to be a complete mess, with lots of people smoking, but this was not the case, upon visiting the airport I was impressed with the cleanliness and short queues, there were no people smoking. The baggages arrived quickly to the belt. Wifi was really fast, the only problem is the lack of food options once you pass security control.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Horrific experience"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Horrific experience with the ladies in one of the kiosks after security. They ignored us, even though we were standing right in front of them. And when we asked to pay for our stuff, they replied with a smirk. When I commented on the bad service, it felt like the lady wanted to jump over the counter and attack me. It doesn't seem like they are very used to being customer friendly at this airport yet, but maybe the increase in tourism will help.
Date VisitMay 2018

"the staff were all helpful"

Not Verified | Impressed with Tbilisi airport. It is efficient and the staff were all helpful. The VIP lounge was clean, well stocked and constantly staffed and well run. The duty free shop is about the size you would expect at an airport of this size. A member of staff came up to me to say hello and asked if I needed any help. This has never happened to me at Gatwick or Heathrow. In fact all the staff I encountered were more helpful than the Terminal 5 staff at Heathrow. Easy pick up and set down outside. In fact my travel problems started when I arrived back at Gatwick. Gatwick really needs to up its game.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"not what one would expect"

Trip Verified | They have this silly policy of not letting people through security until the counters open for check-in. As I had checked in online and had hand luggage only, in any other airport I can go past security and wait at the business lounge. Not here! Information ladies also very impolite and unpleasant, not what one would expect.
Date VisitJune 2018

"had to wait at least 15 min the cold"

Not Verified | There was a line trying to go in the terminal, it was freezing outside and had to wait at least 15 min the cold. The woman at the passport control on Friday 30th at 01.50am was moody and extremely rude, very unpleasant. Have visited Tbilisi many times and this was the first time I have met such an arrogant woman. In Tbilisi normally everyone seems very much friendly with visitors. I must also add the lounge was filthy (prime lounge) it took a while to clean.
Date VisitMarch 2018