Tampa Airport

Tampa Airport customer review

We flew into TPA on 6 March 2008 from UK. What a pleasant change after putting up with the horrors of MIA for many years. The immigration staff were pleasant and welcoming the luggage arrived in no time and we were driving away in our rental car within 30 minutes of landing. Our departure was equally painless with very easy check in and no delays through security. Well done to all at TPA we'll be back in 2008.

Tampa Airport customer review

Tampa used to be a great airport but it has declined rapidly in the past 10 years. Congestion in the parking areas and drop off/pick up is horrible. There are almost no international flights. The food quality near the gates is way below the standard of other airports. The bathrooms have not been updated in 20 years and are usually wet and dirty. Also because of the increased number of flights the red/blue system hardly works anymore and you usually have to walk a long long way. The tram system works fine when they have both trams running but they often don't. That causes long delays. Seems like Tampa airport managers are asleep at the wheel.

Tampa Airport customer review

TPA is one of the better airports in the US but am I the only person annoyed by the blaring rock music on their PA system? I had time to kill before a recent flight and I found the noise pollution to be overwhelming. Though a non-smoker myself I tried to take refuge in an outdoor smoking area near my gate and there were loudspeakers there too! I wish they would turn down the volume or better yet turn off the music altogether.