Tampa Airport

Tampa Airport customer review

First time using Tampa. I have to say I really like the layout. Main terminal is 3 levels. lower baggage and transport 2nd is ticketing and 3rd is loads of shops eating establishments etc. Marriot connects via a walkway with shops. Trains take you out to 5 different terminals. Once you get to terminal each terminal has its own individual security so not very crowded and went smoothly. Also plenty in each terminal as well. Very nice airport overall.

Tampa Airport customer review

Tampa is a gem amongst airports. Clean free Wifi not crowded and easy to transit through. Apart from the arrival procedures! US Immigration take the cake for slowness fingerprinting photographs and not enough desks manned and we were the only international flight going through. It really took the enjoyment off the arrival after a 9 hour flight. But the rest of the airport was fine security staff were pleasant everybody except for the comment above seemed to be committed to making the experience enjoyable.

Tampa Airport customer review

Very bright open clean and easy to find gates. Terminals are well organized and TSA does not take very long. Plenty of shops and restaurants. Easy to get to downtown or elsewhere in Tampa/St. Petersburg area.

Tampa Airport customer review

I read another review of this airport and it said it is a hidden gem. It is. Car rentals on the first floor. Taxiing to the gate was quick. Navigating through the airport was easy as there are signs everywhere which proved to be very organized. The terminals and bathrooms were very clean. Security can be rough but once in the terminal there are loads of shops and places to grab a bite to eat. Great airport.

Tampa Airport customer review

Taxi to gate is a short ride customs quick and friendly baggage arrived rapidly. Even the security on departure friendly and plenty of food outlets. I initially chose TPA because they did not have many international flights coming in. Hence should be a quick procedure through immigrations. It proved to be just the case. I once had a horrible experience at MIA when three international flights arrived at the same time. It took nearly four hours to pass immigration to add to that the staff were surly.

Tampa Airport customer review

I've flown in and out of Tampa International Airport several times going to and from Ottawa Ont. and am always impressed by the organization speed and friendliness of staff. For a large busy airport it is extremely well organized and easy to move through. From parking to check in and boarding it's a lovely experience. There's a wide variety of restaurants and enough boutiques to keep one occupied during pre boarding waits.

Tampa Airport customer review

Tampa is a lovely airport bright and spacious pleasant staff decent places to eat and drink and no fuss picking up and dropping off our bags and collecting and returning our hire car. It has to rank as probably the best airport I have used in the US. It is just a pity that you have to fly from the UK to a connecting airport in the US to get there as it only has one flight a day from Gatwick with BA which isn't always very suitable to those living outside London.

Tampa Airport customer review

My first encounter with Tampa International was 1987 before 911. Tampa International is my home airport which I fly out of several times a year domestically and internationally since 1995. After 911 Tampa was the only airport that wasn't scrambling with the new security measures since they already had many of them in place. As a result their treatment of passengers was very even handed and fair. The airport is a lot bigger than it appears. But because it's designed on a hub system with rays branching out to the individual terminals connected by trams it's easy to get to any of the airsides within a very reasonable amount of time without running your butt off. I've been in airports where I had to run a couple miles on a 20 minute connection to skid into the gate to be the last one to get on the plane. It's difficult to get lost in this airport because of the hub system the clear large and well placed signs and the logical layout. I've been in airports where there are no signs or the signs indicate a straight path when in fact the route is on a hairpin curve up a staircase where the missing sign is hidden out of sight or there's a blank wall where the sign indicates a clear pathway. Also if you are dropped off on or have driven to the wrong side of the main terminal all you have to do is either walk across the building inside to the other side or go to the end of the building and drive around to the other side. Tampa is also a pleasant place to wait. I've done a lot of waiting for my husband to get off work after my flight gets in. Tampa did a major renovation a few years back and improved a lot of areas in the terminal. TSA have their problems no matter where you may fly. However this is one of the few airports where I've often seen the security agents try to make the situation a lot easier for us by being kind and careful with the security checks and some of them also use humor. This is also one of the few airports where the security explained to me what they were doing and why. (The other was Brussels Airport when they were using me as a training guinea pig while I becoming late for my plane.) A lot of them are pleasant and smiling. And not a one of them has ever treated me inappropriately.

Tampa Airport customer review

My wife and I usually vacation in FLA once a year and try to use TPA as our USA gateway. We have travelled all over the world and Tampa International is leaps and bounds above other airports we have flown to. Friendly staff rapid check in great food and drink good shops and even at peak times you can find a seat.

Tampa Airport customer review

My favorite airport. They even do a better job with getting you through security (the TSA still leaves a lot to be desired but the check points occurring airside limits the long waits). Easy to drop off rental car and then go directly to plane no bus involved. The airport is also centrally located. Downtown Tampa is close by as well as bridges to Clearwater and St. Pete.