Tampa Airport

Tampa Airport customer review

Not a large airport which is a good thing. Staff seem friendly and efficient. They were getting people through immigration pretty quickly although I was held for about 30-45 mins because of some problem with my fingerprints but I guess this doesn't always happen. Catch the shuttle to the terminal and the car rental offices are just a short walk away - we were soon heading south on I-275. Two things to note - not many shops airside and Club Lounge is not very big. Would thoroughly recommend as gateway airport.

Tampa Airport customer review

After coming to the US some 30 or 40 times we decided to use Tampa as our start off point having tried Boston JFK Washington Philly and Atlanta. What a pleasant surprise the immigration staff were pleasant and even used my first name when asking how long we were staying. Being new to the airport we asked directions from the Customs staff and they were very helpful. The airport is not as overcrowded as most and works quickly and efficiently with limited waiting times. We will use Tampa as a gateway again.

Tampa Airport customer review

Arriving at Tampa. Found the immigration polite but business like as I was one of the first of the plane no major lines waiting. Hertz rental at airport walked and picked car at car park. Out of airport in half hour at most. Departing hertz rental drop of at airport needed a trolley had to pay $5 or get a porter for same price. Previous reviewer said it was free at lounge. That is not accurate as they charge $5 through out the airport. Very disappointing. Departure very close to car park. Going to the gate have to pass through another set of security who insist you are not allowed more then two carry on bags. I always thought it was at the discretion of the airline as to how much carry on you could take. As well as paying $5 for trolley this is another first for me and I have been to many airports. At gate you have to go through another security for screening body scanner indicated I had something in my pocket. This was true as I had some $ notes. Security official response was 'when we say remove everything from your pocket we mean everything'. Initially I thought he was joking but as it turns out he was very serious. At gate there were 3-4 food outlets that were ludicrously expensive. $4 for bottle water. There were water fountains available and free internet. Both welcomed. Lounges for BA not fantastic. Overall airport easy to get into and out of clean throughout and not overcrowded. Have to say disappointed with the $5 charge for trolley as I landed at Heathrow and paid nothing. And the over zealous screening security.

Tampa Airport customer review

Great airport. Friendly staff. Easy to navigate. Speedy immigration security and baggage reclaim. Very pleasant experience.

Tampa Airport customer review

Travel would be enhanced if all airports were designed and operated like TPA. Excellent location bar all major highways great signage easy to navigate indoors where distances are short friendly staff frequent rail shuttles to gates. Furthermore good selection of amenities: eateries shops info. In short a model travel processing facility.

Tampa Airport customer review

TPA is nearly the ideal design for an airport. Access is by freeway and freeways take you to all regional cities (Tampa St. Petersburg and Clearwater). The main building ("landside") is in the center with four "airside" buildings where the gates are located connected to the center building by automated people mover. Check-in et al is convenient. Parking is free. Luggage wait times are minimal. Car rental access is a short walk from luggage facilities.

Tampa Airport customer review

TPA totally outshines the rest in the hospitality and functionality categories. It's also bright and airy has many good choices and easy to navigate. The atmosphere is so upbeat and friendly even at security control points.

Tampa Airport customer review

Efficiency with a capital E! I have travelled to this airport for 25 years or so and even though it has got busier and bigger it still manages to run efficiently. On arrival my flight announced that it would take 20 mins before bags would arrive on the carousel. I exited the aircraft among the first few passengers and was at the carousel in about 15 mins and the bags were already going around including my own bag. On my return to Canada on Nov 12th the airport was again very busy but I was checked in quickly and took the tram over to airside and lined up for security clearance. Line up looked long but it moved and I was through in about 10 mins. I wish I could say I had as good an airport experience in Toronto later that day. Even though Tampa airport was busy employees both airline retail staff security all were friendly and efficient. Top marks from me.

Tampa Airport customer review

Tampa is a great airport away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando it is a much more relaxed atmosphere and is now my choice of airport for travelling to Florida. We were on the back row of a B777 and still only had to wait 45 mins at immigration. Staff were polite and friendly. Bags were waiting once we got through. Car hire is available immediately as you step outside the airport. The only downside is on the return they charge $5 per trolley (non-refundable) in the hire car drop off area. I took a walk into the terminal over the road picked up three trolleys and saved ourselves £15!! Check in areas are spacious and there are enough shops / restaurants to keep you entertained for a couple of hours. The gates are located in remote terminal buildings each one having it's own security screening which minimises the queue to get through security.

(Italy)

Very nice airport. Check in (United) in 2 minutes. Controls in 3 minutes. Nice shops and restaurants. It looks clean and well arranged. Car rental parking and return just next to airport (1 minutes walking). On of the best airport I've seen.