Tampa Airport

"The whole ordeal was ridiculous"

Not Verified | The TSA security check in was one of the worst and rudest I've ever been through. The only people security bothered to run through the wringer of special security checks are senior citizens and those needing assistance. I am on crutches and was told I should have been in a wheelchair because TSA did not provide chairs for someone like me to sit on to take their shoes off. I told them that I'd happily takes my shoes off if they could provide a chair. They didn't. Then after going through the xray they had to pat me down. Twice. And check for residue. Why the heck did I have to hobble through the xray without my crutches if I was going to get pat down anyway. Looking around as I was pat down, the ONLY people getting the special security treatment was senior citizens and persons like me. And on top of that they weren't even polite about it. Someone need to answer why those two groups are treated like this. I would understand it if they at least selected some random people or other demographic but for the 20 minutes it took me to go through security they did not once check anyone else and multiple times had people go through the regular walk through metal detector because the line was getting long. The whole ordeal was ridiculous. I rarely leave reviews so this is a whole level up of bad experiences.
Date VisitJune 2021

"A smile and gentle reminder would have been far more effective"

Trip Verified | Dear female TSA agent, gate A, 4/1/2021, 1.20pm who chose to shriek at me and berate me for forgetting I had an electronic in my purse. Top of her lungs - “Yeah! There’s an electronic in your bag - despite him saying over and over to remove your electronics you chose not to listen, now we had to take it out!” Wow! A) The area was hugely crowded, overhead announcements etc - people may have a hearing impairment and cannot hear in that situation - even with hearing equipment. B) I’m traveling with a special needs Child - my attention is on him as much as possible helping him to navigate a crowded and confusing situation. C.) I’ve just experienced a tragic death in my family. D) I’m sorry I forgot. I’m human last time I checked. People fly, as you know, for all reasons. While I understand your need to educate - your tone, terrible attitude and general demeanor are a terrible reflection on TSA. Sorry you had a bad day. Leave that at the front door. I can promise you didn’t make mine any better. A smile and gentle reminder would have been far more effective.
Date VisitApril 2021

"the rudest people I have ever encountered"

Not Verified | The Delta employees at Tampa airport were the rudest people I have ever encountered. Throughout the entire experience trying to get to my plane was one rude person followed by another. I will never fly Delta again because of the Tampa employees. You should be ashamed and everyone should be warned not to travel with them.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"I've never encountered the level of rudeness"

Not Verified | I've been in several dozen airports in the US, Europe, and Asia, and I've never encountered the level of rudeness in airport staff as I did in Tampa.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"What a disaster"

Not Verified | What a disaster. Currently standing in customs line as we speak having been off the plane for an hour and still have a very long line ahead. Poor management with little staff to meet the heavy demand. Find this off putting and would make me chose an alternate Florida airport in the future. Even US nations mentioning how this is embarrassing.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I saw an outdoor smoking area"

Trip Verified | At TPA on 04/30/2019 waiting to fly back home to LGA. I love this airport. It is huge, clean and has so many food stores. Now I love it more for the following reasons. I was bored so I started walking toward gate 75 (Delta). I saw an outdoor smoking area. My goodness, it was about time as TPA had eliminated the big outside smoking area inside the airport (what is this world coming to). When I saw the people smoking there, I went inside.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Terminal A restroom smells"

Not Verified | Terminal A restroom smells of urine. No hot water. Water fountains do not work. Carpet dirty. Got through security very quick at 0730. I do not use rental cars here anymore. It takes too much time and high prices. I use Lyft or rent off airport.
Date VisitApril 2019

"very pleasant, modern and very clean"

Not Verified | Tampa is our home airport and even with the construction it’s still a very pleasant, modern and very clean. It’s very easy to navigate, my only complaint would be long term parking it’s a little confusing but overall we love TPA.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"security people are extremely rude"

The security people are extremely rude, mean and the threatening people is absolutely absurd. I will never use this airport again. This huge man threatened me several times because I wasn’t moving fast enough. Then when I put my briefcase on the rollers it slipped, then a woman threatened me, I didn’t do anything wrong at all! Then the big guy gets up in my face again and keeps yelling at me telling me he decides who comes and goes. There was no excuse for their behavior.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"whole departure experience was dreadful"

Not Verified | After waiting for several hours in Tampa Airport we were finally allowed to board. As I approached the ramp I realized I had lost my boarding pass. I spoke to a Spirit employee, I had spoken to him earlier in the evening so I know he recognized me. My wife told him I needed to board the flight. He said, "I was going to be nice and help you, but you can go over go the ticket counter and get your boarding pass reissued." I am a retired, disabled military member. I also have MS." This whole departure experience was dreadful. This staff member made the evening that much worse.
Date VisitDecember 2018