Sydney Airport

"2 hours to get through border control"

Not Verified | This outdated airport really showed its shortcomings upon my international arrival. It took 2 hours to get through the understaffed border control. 3 officers working with lines literally out the door. Customs lines also brutal. Airport is a dump, at least on the international arrivals side.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"avoid transiting through Sydney"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I had to transit through Sydney on a return flight from NZ to Philippines & both ways I experienced the longest transit queue ever. It was pathetically handled with only one x-ray open. Luckily I had time before my next flight but there were some very stressed people in the queue. I strongly advise to avoid transiting through Sydney if you can help it
Date VisitJuly 2022

"dreaded to go through the security at T2"

Trip Verified | The worst experience queuing up for domestic security yet. As a solo business traveller, I dreaded to go through the security at T2. Don’t just blame on the school holidays, the queue was worse on 21st July and it’s not even school holiday! The security staff took way too long to screen. Terrible toilet cleanliness. It’s a dog’s breakfast
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Staff were not very helpful at all"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Shocking experience. We were transiting from Singapore to NZ. Nobody was around to talk to us about where to go to transit and the signage took us through a line where we had to complete the declaration when we weren't even staying in Australia or leaving the airport. Nobody suggested that we just go back up and through another area, yet 3 people at different points in the airport said, oh, you should have been told to just walk through transit. We were extremely stressed through the process as we were sent through the declaration area, customs and security again. Queues were long and when we explained that we were worried we would miss our flight, we were sent to an express lane that didn't exist. Staff were not very helpful at all. The systems and processes in place are very inefficient and customer care is non existent. Please listen to these reviews Sydney and sort it out.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"The worst airport experience"

Not Verified | The worst airport experience of my life. No one was on hand to explain to the thousands of tourists arriving from all over the world what to do, which line to join. I am Australian and I am ashamed that we are settling for this appalling standard of service. One lone voice was shouting advice to tourists and when I asked her to call for more staff to help, she told me, "I don't work for the airport, I work for the Duty Free shop." The signage is clearly meaningless as I was told NOT to stand in the line under the sign marked, "Australian and New Zealand Citizens". Most arriving with me that morning were non-english speaking tourists who were completely lost and frustrated. After standing in line for over 2 hours, I discovered the luggage carousel no longer listed my flight. No one was available to explain what had happened - a maintenance worker said, "Oh, that flight came in hours ago. I dunno where the luggage would be now." The person behind the Information desk also had NO information. I finally found a Korean Air official (in an Australian airport, mind you) who took me to a distant carousel which was no longer turning. Outside, the taxi rank is unmarked and no one there knows how to get to it or where the line starts. This is without doubt the worst airport ever. If I wasn't Australian, I would never fly into Sydney ever again. Why were only 3 immigration counters operating and 9 were unattended and inoperative?
Date VisitJune 2022

"I thought this was secure parking"

Not Verified | When returning from a two stint working away I arrived at my car to find it broken into and about $5000 worth of tools stolen. When I contacted the company who runs the car park they said no cameras, there only on lifts and entry and exit points and to call the police. Not one bit of help from them. I thought this was secure parking as you pay a premium price to park there and you would think things would be safe there. Watch what you leave in your car as it looks like they couldn’t care less.
Date VisitJune 2022

"I was made to wait one hour and 10 minutes to get to security"

Not Verified | I was made to wait one hour and 10 minutes to get to security in the international airport. I was stressed that I would be late for my flight. Thousands of passengers were herded into a large hall with narrow snaking queues. There were 17 security stations but only 7 were open. As a senior, it was unpleasant to slowly walk, then stand, then walk though these lines. It is clear that the airport needed to open the other 10 security stations but it is cheaper for them to waste our time.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Hands down the worst airport"

Trip Verified | Hands down the worst airport I've ever had the misfortune to engage with. And I travel a lot for work. The systems are utterly disorganised and completely nonsensical. There are no staff. You simply miss your flight because every queue extends for hours. Whether it be check in, baggage drop, security, they're all hours long waits and an utter disorganised mess. You have to literally carry your bags from the international airport to a very infrequent bus, catch it to the domestic airport from whence ensues chaos.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Clearly not interested in tourists"

Trip Verified | International Baggage took an extremely long time to arrive at the carousel, with no announcements as to the status. Transit from international to domestic airports was a series of guess work, with minimal signage and even less staff to ask. Those that were asked were indifferent and treated as an interruption. Clearly not interested in tourists.
Date VisitJune 2022

"very long queue for security"

Trip Verified | Painfully slow check in procedure. Then another very long queue for security. In contrast, passport control was very fast and completely automated. Short version: scheduled departure at 10.00hrs. Joined check in queue at 07.45hrs. Only just made it to the gate during 'final call' at 10.00 hrs without stopping once even for a toilet break.
Date VisitMay 2022