Sydney Airport

"a total disgrace"

Not Verified | Locked doors at 3am for a 6am flight which checks in 3hrs before departure is a total disgrace. Locking passengers out and hearding them like cattle into a waiting zone externally in 2018 is almost 3rd world and uncivilised. Emirates should seriously discuss this with Sydney Airport. A curfew is one thing, but locking an international airport to customers is quite something else! I am furious with this organisation and would be totally embarrassed to be associated with them!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"good manners cost nothing"

Not Verified | Your border control personnel need extreme training in good manners - they are rude and unpleasant and certainly not a good reflection for Australia. I understand they have a difficult job however good manners cost nothing. They were rude last time we went through 2 years ago and now are seemingly ruder. Brisbane airport must have a different recruitment criteria as they seem to have pleasant staff, maybe your staff could learn a lesson on how to speak to people from them.

"holiday extremely difficult"

Not Verified | At the time of check in I was told that i need to put my son's stroller for check in at the oversized baggage counter, for which I requested the ground staff to give me new baggage tag. I dropped off the stroller and flew to Brisbane. After landing, I did not get my stroller and after repeated follow ups, I was told ridiculous things like to hire a stroller for which the airline will pay me. After 7 days, I get a mail that the airline is ready to compensate me if I fill a form shared by them which is in a PDF format. How is that even possible? They was things like date of purchase with the invoice of the stroller which I obviously dont have as it was purchased 1 year ago. Why would I save such an old invoice? My holiday became extremely difficult since my son did not have a stroller for his comfort.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Zero out of ten for Parking"

Not Verified | I was taking my husband to a flight where he required wheelchair assistance. It was a nightmare trying to find a car space in P7. Zero out of ten for Parking.

"very poorly managed"

Not Verified | Utterly disappointed with the queueing service for customs. The sign for passport holders are not clear and changed rules half way through, it absolutely has no proper system to monitor the foot traffic and the staff just heard someone from airline made a complaint and changed the queue rule. For an international destination, this is a very bad experience as first time tourist, this is very poorly managed.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"security personnel the rudest"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I have traveled around the world a lot in the last year and the security personnel would easily be the rudest I have ever come across. Never again will I travel through this airport.

"Bitterly disappointed"

Trip Verified | The most disappointed airport I’ve ever visited. Was absolute chaos, lacked signage, and staff seemingly not motivated to process people. Border security expressed there frustrations with machines and such. Why so much paper work to hand out just to collect? No proper checks were made - a joke. Bitterly disappointed I’d give you a minus rating if I could
Date VisitNovember 2017

"impressed with new facilities"

Not Verified | Impressed with the new facilities at Sydney International (travelling with Singapore Airlines). In previous trips I have experienced old, cramped and unsatisfactory conditions, but this time everything seemed new, spacious and high quality. Still some issues to work on: Food is expensive. Car parking seems remote and the walking route to the terminal is badly signed and is not fully under cover. Sydney has the poor arrangement of a separate domestic terminal which is an expensive train ride away. Access and parking here seems even worse than the international terminal. Enormous queues for Virgin Australia flights, too few check-in staff. Quite a friendly atmosphere though.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"had a good experience at Sydney"

Not Verified | I had a good experience at Sydney, arriving at Domestic and transferring to International then away on Qatar. I read the horror stories and caught an earlier flight than I needed to from Ballina. It took about 40 minutes total to exit the plane, collect bags, go to the train station and arrive at International. Once there I had nothing to do for a number of hours so I gave myself a long tour of the airport. In my brief experience shopping options at airports are all the same so not much to say there. Check-in at Qatar was quick and smooth, but I was one of the first. Passport Control was very smooth. The WiFi was a bit confusing though.

"worst designed airport"

Trip Verified | Without doubt the worst designed airport in the world. Shocking set up, confusing road layout for entry and exit via car. Parking has ridiculous pricing. Why do the entry lanes to international terminal drop off and parking cross each other? A person in hi-viz standing there will not help. Police are always nearby directing traffic (which is a huge help) but surely the incompetence of roads and maritime NSW for the road layout is preventing them doing actual beneficial police work? I hope those who designed the airport and surrounding road layout have nothing to do with the future designing of any important areas in the future.