Stockholm Arlanda Airport

"What a horrible airport"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | What a horrible airport. Poor restaurant selection. Not the greatest signs. Not even unlimited wifi. What century are you living in? Recommendation: avoid at all cost!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"terminal signs are confusing"

Not Verified | I arrived there and it was clean and not too busy. There are quiet a few shopping facilities and restaurants which are very expensive but that’s typical for Scandinavia. The terminal signs are confusing and the staff is generally unfriendly when you ask them for help. There are enough seats at the terminals which are comfortable. The WiFi works well. Another problem is the location of the airport. Although it is well connected by train, Arlanda airport is actually far away from the city of Stockholm (41.7 km to the city center, 17 minutes by train). In the end it is not a bad airport but if you want to visit Stockholm, I’d rather recommend you to fly to the Stockholm-Bromma airport if possible because it’s much closer to the city center.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"staff miserable and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | There’s only one word for it - diabolical! We arrived in the Arlanda lounge at 1.30 only to find, on offer, some dried up lasagna that had gone cold or some cheese. I thought my experience at Bristol was bad enough but this was far worse. I’m just hoping that my next stop, Doha, is a lot more pleasant. It was last time I traveled there. The staff were miserable and unhelpful. How can this be passed off as service? It took a long time to find it too.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"departure a total mess"

Not Verified | It was ok for my arrival. Good transport system to the city and a helpdesk to get tickets. But for departure a total mess. Changes gates at the last minute and barely pronounce it. Good toilets. Lazy staff the passport check around half an hour for less than 10 people.

"very unfriendly way"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I was told in a very unfriendly way that I made a mistake when using my phone for boarding. As I was travelling with my daughter who also had her boarding pass downloaded to my phone I passed her the phone back after I already had gone through the gate. As I caused an alarm I was told in a very unfriendly and loud way that I had made a mistake. The lady who talked to me behaved in an unacceptable way.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"found security to be efficient"

Trip Verified | Transited through Arlanda airport this week. Since I had a long layover I opted to take the Arlanda Express to Stockholm. Finding luggage lockers for my carry-on items was easy and well marked. The locker cost was a bit expensive though. Finding the train and purchasing a ticket was also easy. Upon my return I found security to be efficient and a breeze to get through though it was not rush hour. Duty Free was the most expensive I’ve ever encountered. There were few if any items that were priced less than I pay at home. What’s the point of having tax free if everything is marked up beyond normal? Beyond Duty Free, my only other complaint was the bathrooms. There were long lines at every single one. How does one screw up bathrooms in an airport?
Date VisitJuly 2018

"check in is quite chaotic"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Arlanda airport is around a half an hour drive away from Swedens capital Stockholm and is the biggest airport in Sweden. Arlanda has 5 terminals: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. In this review I will only cover terminal 5, the International one. The check in is quite chaotic same for the Security I will say it took around 30 minutes to get past everything. Right after security there is the Tax free or duty free or whatever. Now its a little bit overpriced but still resonable prices. After the tax free there is a huge window with a view over the ramp. There is also a lot of shops and resturants. Then if you continue forward you get to the gates where there is also a play are of kids or something. That are is quite nice where there are some windows over the ramp to see some planes. Note that there is 1 hour free WIFI at Arlanda.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"long periods of standing in line"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Arlanda is old fashioned, inneffective and not child friendly. Expect long periods of standing in line waiting due to understaffed check in desks or malfunctioning check in machines. If travelling with small children, do not expect any special considerations taken. No family lines and you are not allowed to bring the stroller to the gate. Sadly Arlanda Airport poorly reflects the country of Sweden.
Date VisitJune 2018

"very confusing signage"

Trip Verified | This is one the most confusing and exhausting airports we have been through. We arrived on an international flight into T5 and it took us well over an hour to get to the domestic terminal (T4) having to walk what seemed like miles with very confusing signage. On our return journey home two weeks later when we arrived on our domestic flight we had to chose one of two entrances into the terminal - one for transfer flights and one for baggage. As we were transferring to an international flight we chose the first - wrong - because SAS does not have a through ticketing arrangement with Norwegian so we should have gone to the baggage entrance. Ok should’ve worked that out but it would have been helpful if the sign said only if you have baggage checked through. Having collected our bags we had to wait 15 mins for the transfer bus to T5 and were then given a choice of 3 bustops depending on which gate we wanted but we had no clue as the flight wasn’t up yet. And then having arrived at T5 we wanted to go to Sky City but were told we would have to exit T5. At no stage were we offered the option to go to Sky City instead of straight to T5.
Date VisitJune 2018

"absolute no go"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Only airport I go to where they do not ware gloves when searching you in security check. Very unpleasant and unhygienic. Absolute no go. I wish I could avoid this airport.
Date VisitApril 2018