Stockholm Arlanda Airport

"Horrible security"

Trip Verified | Horrible security at this airport. First of all please wear face masks if you come so close to your “customers” I’m a frequent flyer and I know that at the Arlanda airport everything is a little bit old. So I put my liquids in a 1 Liter plastic zip bag I prepared at home. The two ladies inspected it and told me I have to fit everything in a much smaller plastic bag that they had, super weird since you’re allowed to bring 1 Liter. They took everything and expected every little powder in my toiletry bag (so the stuff that was not in the plastic zip bag) just so they can find more stuff for me to throw, like they were enjoying it. They took out my dirty underwear for everyone to see. I had to throw the remaining liquids that didn’t fit in the much smaller bag. I understand you have authority and you sometimes have to do thing to make travelling safe but this was not fair, not nice and I think not allowed. It felt like I was bullied and humiliated by someone who doesn’t deserve authority. Please try to look for better staff or pay them better so they don’t need to take expensive make up from travelers. It cost me a lot of money to throw stuff that didn’t need to be thrown.

"we missed our flight"

Trip Verified | Arrived at Terminal 5 at 10am on 4th January 2022 for our Ryanair flight to Liverpool UK at 12.20. Uneventful check in procedure at Ryanair desk, we joined the large queue for security at around 10.15am, although the queue was large it was moving quite quickly and we had approximately 2hrs to get through. After 30mins in this queue a member of airport staff raised a barrier and call all passengers traveling to Liverpool and London to go to the alternative security check in desks at the other end of the airport. Numerous people left this queue and proceeded to join the other security gate line. This line was even bigger than the last and was hardly moving! Despite numerous requests to the airport staff we received no help to access security to ensure we reached out departure gate on time. We were consistently told there was nothing that could be done and that “everyone was in the same boat”. I asked if it was possible to buy fast track passes but was told it was too late because we would have to change our boarding pass, also that it was not possible with a Ryanair flight. When we eventually reached our gate (about 12.15) it had closed and we missed our flight. We have since read that all domestic flights are currently being redirected through terminal 5 causing excessive throughput of passengers, surely informing passengers via their airline to allow more time than usual to pass through security would have been beneficial to everyone. We have rescheduled our flight for Saturday 8th and booked fast track passes so hopefully we will avoid a repeat of events! If you are due to fly from terminal 5 soon make sure you allow plenty of time to get through security.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"staff was not polite at all"

Trip Verified | Security queues were 40’ long. In addition we were held over and over again once we reached the security xrays for no apparent reason. Having to wait an additional 15 mins. A total of 6 people with 4 children. The staff was not polite at all quite aggressive. I requested a complaint form and was advised to submit it via the website. Additionally when trying to purchase a water bottle from a dispensing machine. We were charged twice 27 sek without getting the bottle. After all this I did get in touch with swedavia over the phone and was advised to send an email to [email protected] Seems like this airport customer operation is not ready or willing to capture customer service levels.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"horrified with Sweden's main airport"

Trip Verified | I arrived at the airport 3 hours before the flight and the queue was so long, that I could not get the flight! There were several other people for the same flight as me standing in the line as well and nobody could reach it! We all tried to get help from the staff, but they refused to listen to us, they went away and put guards around them!! Imagine!?! Is this the airport service we pay expensive for? There is absolutely no service at all at that airport, no help and specially the staff from Scandinavian Airlines is really bad. My flight was Lufthansa, but we couldn't see any person from Lufthansa, to help us. several people lost this flight and they weren't able (or just didn't want) to organise everything and make us fly, as we paid for. There is no communication or planning between Lufthansa and Arlanda Airport organisation (or lack of organisation). I am extremely horrified with Sweden's main airport, in the capital city. The land of the technology, but it is not able to organise an airport. Great frustration.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"staff is very rude and unhelpful"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The staff is very rude and unhelpful. Having travelled to many places before I can say with confidence I have never encountered such rude airport staff. People that work in customer service should if not friendly at least be polite. If you cannot do this you should get a job that doesn't involve dealing with people.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"informs me that the lounge is closed"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | This can't be the biggest international airport in Sweden! Arriving at the airport in good time for my business class flight. The airline informs me that the lounge is closed! The hand me a voucher so I can get a coffee in one of the cafés in the departure hall. The normal lounge in terminal 5 F-pier has locked their doors. The other lounge is only open 11 am to 5 pm! Corona or no corona, this can't be true! I almost had a great lounge to visit in small Caribbean islands airports. Swedavia who "runs" Arlanda should go anywhere else almost in the world to see how to do it!
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Signs are scattered and gates are illogically placed"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Nothing became better with the new layout of Arlanda. Signs are scattered and gates are illogically placed, harder to find, transfer time is longer. Be sure to add an extra 30 minutes to you estimated times just for walking, searching, itching your head and checking in. It's Sweden 2021 people, not a refugee camp in Syria.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"this is a no go"

Not Verified | No restrooms available in the departure hall of Terminal 5. Considering 2h waiting time for check in, this is a no go! What do I pay airport taxes for?! It is not ok to have only one terminal open.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Really bad service and communication"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Really bad service and communication when it comes to their baggage handling at the arrival terminal. Have waited for almost 30 min before they make an announcement as to where the flights luggage is to arrive. The notice board says one thing but it just provoking when it surpasses 10 min, 15 min, 20 min and no announcement!
Date VisitMarch 2021

"None of them had a mask"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | The security measurements to stop the Covid-19 spread are ridiculous at Arlanda Airport. When arriving there were about 10 policemen, nobody had a medical mask. Neither the person at the passport control, where you have to take your own mask away. Some workers had a mask, but many wearing it under their cheek. The staff at customs control were standing close to each other talking, about 5 people. None of them had a mask. I asked a woman why not, she answered in a very rude way to me "but you have one so you’re safe". Sorry but I would be more safe if she also had one. I’m really shocked how the Swedes are handling the situation. Going back to Helsinki was revealing, all authorities had a mask on.
Date VisitFebruary 2021