Stockholm Arlanda Airport

"leaves me with a very bad taste"

Trip Verified | The airport staff is very rude. The escalators are broken and the elevators aren’t big enough to accommodate more than one or two passengers with luggage. And even though we are flying business, we were not allowed to enter prior to 3 hours of our flight time. This would be understandable but there is no place clean to sit and wait. The amount of seating provided is inadequate, and it is very dirty. I also do not see an available wifi. Sweden is such a wonderful country but this airport leaves me with a very bad taste. I will avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Three bad experiences in a month"

Not Verified | Three bad experiences in a month, one arrival and two departures. It start even before you get in, long, long walks. Then there is check to see if your departure is within 3 hours, this is before the checkin desks. The persons performimg these checks are power tripping. You Basically can not get in to get a boarding pass without a smart phone. They threat to call the police when questioned. I saw one person that had lost his phone being denied entry until the police showed up. The security check is retarded, walk up stairs, check then walk down stairs. We had a border agent that refused to handle a mix of Swedish and Canadian passports. I used to travel several times a month out of Arlanda without any problems. The two last years have been anything but pleasant.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"be avoided at any cost"

Not Verified | I flew from the USA and had to spend a long time there between connecting flights. I’ll survive in SAS gold lounge - so I thought. Well that would be the case in a civilized country. But at Arlanda on arrival I accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up exiting terminal instead of proceeding to the transfer area. (There were no airport greeters or anybody to show where to go as advertised on their website). Well, I thought not a big deal. May be anywhere else but not at this dump. The security guard didn’t allow to re-enter the airport’s terminal as “it’s not allowed earlier than 3 hrs before the flight departure ”. Simple explanations about a wrong turn, need to rest between flights because of the health condition after surgery and family waiting inside didn’t work. As a result I had to spend several hours in front of terminal with no even places to sit, don’t mention a lounge. Must be avoided at any cost.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"We queued about 5 hours"

Not Verified | This airport is an absolute joke. We queued about 5 hours, had our IDs checked 6 times, very poor signage, staff are rude and refused to help my daughter that was injured. Shockingly low standards. Everything overpriced. After 5 hours we reached the gate just to receive a text about the flight being delayed 1 hour, meaning we missed the connection flight. Total and utter shamble.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"The entire airport is a free for all maze"

Not Verified | One of the worst and most confusing airports I’ve ever been to. Nearly all the staff are rude and the entire airport is a giant maze. It appears that the entire airport staff just guesses how to navigate throughout the area and genuinely have no clue how anything works. The entire airport is a free for all maze.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"steer clear of Arlanda Airport"

Not Verified | For the sake of your own sanity, steer clear of Arlanda Airport. It wins my awards for poorest signage, the longest maze to find a gate, the most passport checks and biggest in-airport mall. After a solid hour standing in line to check 1 bag, walking 2 miles to reach my gate (as measured by my pedometer) and having my ID checked at least 6 times, I made it to my gate. At least I could sit down there.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"queues were horrendous and very slow"

Not Verified | Despite arriving in good time for our flight, we were not permitted to even enter the departure hall until 2.5 hours before the flight. Once inside the queues were horrendous and very slow moving. I felt sorry for parents with small children. Even priority queues hardly moved at all. In all it took all of the 2.5 hours to drop bags, clear passport control (twice) and get through security, just in time for the final call for our flight. This is no way to travel!

"Shambolic airport"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Shambolic airport. Staff numbers have not been reintroduced properly since lifting of CV19 restrictions and as a result there are major delays being encountered all the way from checking in to going through security to boarding the plane. Total mess and frustrating given all passengers abided by all the means necessary to have a punctual flight. Now currently sitting on a plane which has been grounded for no other reason other than the control tower mixing up the slots and unable to manage airspace. Waiting over 90mins with little to no update from the airport authorities. Conclusion: it’s unreliable and not worthy of a Western European standard.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"This airport is an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | This airport is an absolute disgrace. Passport queues were unbelievable - well over an hour, and no way of getting through quicker (I was travelling with 3 children under 5 years old - it was unbearable). The Swedavia staff were incredibly rude, the border control staff i.e. police were even ruder. The whole airport is terribly organised, and in general the experience was shocking. I travel quite a lot to Arlanda and it is always terrible. This airport is an embarrassment to Stockholm (in particular terminal 5).
Date VisitJune 2022

"disorganized, rude security employees"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Complete chaos in Terminal 5. Even with business class ticket and Fast Track security level, lines were long, disorganized, rude security employees. The airport was dirty, and lacked any sense of order.
Date VisitMay 2022