Split Airport

"Terrible Covid-Handling"

Not Verified | Terrible Covid-Handling. Croatia requires to fill out several health assessment forms. The collection of these form at Passport check takes so long that min. 1000 people wait in a crowd that is likely to spread the disease. And there is no avoiding possible. So counterproductive.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"Efficient holiday airport"

Not Verified | Efficient holiday airport. Staff very friendly. No queues (although we did travel during a pandemic). Very clean. Phone charging points and plenty of seating in departures. Negatives: No water fountains for filling up water bottles Lack of catering - but eat before you go.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"no staff to be seen"

(Finland)

Not Verified | There was no staff to be seen after going through the security, so we were unable to buy coffee. We asked before going through the security that are you able to buy coffee after the security and they said yes. I had to go back and ask again at the security, and they told me that I could get coffee and bring it in from the other side. So I go and get this coffee, and go back to the security and they will not let me enter with the coffee even though they said that I could do this as there was no staff. So I paid 47kn for this coffee I could not drink. Also the staff were very rude at the security. One of the worst experiences Ive had at any AirPort.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst Airport I've ever been to"

Not Verified | Self service machines not working therefore self bag check-in not working. Duty-Free is a joke - nothing duty-free about it. Everything priced in Euros when everything on our holiday was priced in Croatian Kuna. Everything in "duty-free" way more expensive than on the UK high street. Passport security brill - fast and efficient! Security check - brill! Food? Absolutely terrible and no choice. Worst Airport I've ever been to! Def needs a McDonalds or Burger King. Ham and cheese roll (1) plus 2 fruit teas £10.00. Highway Robbery!
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Shocking experience"

Trip Verified | Nice looking airport, but completely let down by lack and choice of food and drinks, no children’s food and the one restaurant they do have, I can only describe as a scene from Faulty Towers, without the laughs! Ordered 5 Spagetti Bolognaise and a salad. Spagetti Bolognaise sauce was ice cold on all plates of food and the salad was a farce! Having travelled all over the world visited 100’s of airport, Ikar restuarant at Split airport, has the worst menu, service and food I have ever experienced. Asked to speak to the Manager, who was completely dismissive of the situation, like it was normal to service hot food, stone cold. Shocking experience!
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"really impressive place"

Not Verified | Brand new airport and excellent. Quick luggage reclaim and a really impressive place. Such an improvement from the old one. This will make a huge difference to customer experiences here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"new terminal is nice and clean"

Trip Verified | The new terminal is nice and clean, although the queue was long when they were checking our passport, they were very slow, but I understand that since it's important to check every passport nicely. The staff was good and helped us find the bus and explained everything nicely.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"have never experienced anything like this"

Not Verified | When we arrived in Split everything was fine. When we left though it was a totally different story: check in was good, fast and the lady was kind and chatty. We decided to go the safety check, there was no big queue but no assistants so, I helped my disabled father through the family/special needs line and went back to my line. A group of people behind us let me go ahead of them with a big smile, when an 18-20 year old appears, and with very aggressive manners and pointing fingers starts shouting at me that I skipped the line! I calmly (I don't know how I managed) explained that I helped my father and that the people behind me agreed to let me pass (as I was still ahead of them) but he continued and threated me that he would get me arrested if I didn't go back! All this went on for few minutes, and nobody help us! "Luckily" a poor couple got his attention, they "skipped" the line because they were missing their flight. He started shouting at them that he would call the police to get them arrested (again) then they were helped by another assistant who managed to convince this first guy that they were super late. I have never experienced anything like this! I did complain to a manager who simply said: "I'm sorry, they are students, you know how they are". My family was very surprised, my father was in disbelief and my son was puzzled. I was deeply saddened by this event, Croatians are not like this guy but this is what tourists will see and say to other potential tourists. Hope next year will be better!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"by far the worst airport"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airport I have ever been to. From reading other reviews I am grateful I did not have to deal with staff at check in! Wait until the last possible moment to go through to departures because you will find nothing there but crowds, massive overpriced duty free shops (two of them, why does such a tiny departure lounge need two?) And two tiny cafe things (I hesitate to even call them cafes they were pathetic). I didn't eat before going through as I did not like the "sandwiches" in the bar and I regretted that decision instantly. There was pretty much nothing to eat! I have never seen an airport like it! Split has thousands of tourists entering and leaving daily and this airport clearly is not build to cope with it. I understand they have been expanding, surely based on all of the reviews I've just read, inputting some food outlets should be a priority. Will not be returning to this airport.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"we were pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | After reading the reviews, we were absolutely dreading our departure. However, we were pleasantly surprised. Our flight was at 10.15pm on a Saturday in August. We had no queue for check in or security and even managed to get seats in the departure lounge, right by a charging point. We did stay in the bar upstairs, before going through to airside, for a while as was in no rush but never saw any crowding in the new terminal. Overall, this was a really pleasant and easy experience.