Southampton Airport

Southampton Airport customer review

Southampton used to be so good but it has sadly changed. Despite the recent rebuilding it is still very crowded in the early morning the car parking costs seem to go up every week and today icy morning the only de-icing machine for our plane failed so we were told we would have to wait for warmer temperatures - and this in the 21st century. Come on BAA get your act together. Perhaps when you lose a few other airports you will be able to get this one right. It is a shame as the airlines are good its just the airport operator who lets them down.

Southampton Airport customer review

Flew to Dublin on Flybe. Check-in time around 30 seconds. Walk to the Security check was about 30 yards - this airport is tiny which brings huge benefits but I can understand those who have been troubled by delays - there is no margin for error so if things are delayed it can become full very quickly. On return I had travelled from Ireland so no immigration check had hand-baggage so no delay through the building turned left crossed the small road and walked to the train station - three minutes only. Train time to London Waterloo is around 1 hour so if you're thinking of an alternative to Heathrow or Gatwick consider Southampton - arriving is a breeze.

Southampton Airport customer review

Arrived from Aberdeen Eastern Airways Jetsteam 41 - all 5 passengers (!) disembarked quickly and completed the 100 yard walk to the terminal just before our luggage. Picked up and on our way within 10 minutes. Not bad. Departed again a few days later - around midday - check in no queue security no queue and efficient upstairs cafe unusually not busy plenty of seats with good view of runway. Flight (Jetsteam 41 again) left on time (beautiful day fabulous views over Southampton Water and new Cunard liner) and arrived on time at Aberdeen. Luggage also arrived at Aberdeen. This is air travel as it should be!

Southampton Airport customer review

On a wet and blustery Tuesday afternoon with nearly every flight delayed and several cancellations the departure area was massively overcrowded and uncomfortable. On Sunday afternoon again the departure area is bursting at the seams as long queues for adjacent departure gates intermingle. SOU is still better than the main gateways in every respect and noteworthy for the friendly and relaxed personnel but it needs to expand.

Southampton Airport customer review

5 years back Southampton was a great airport. It had a brilliant viewing area an abundance of small and large regional airlines and fairly good food and retail outlets and public transport. The terminal is now vastly overstretched they've got rid of the decent competition (ie BA Cityflyer - went low cost as BA Connect - now part of FlyBe) check-in and security queues are dreadful around lunchtime and early evening especially when they're operating those B737/A320/B757 sized charter flights. They should build a second terminal exclusively for FlyBe on the eastern side of the runaway and let the existing space rest!

Southampton Airport customer review

It is clearly signposted both on and from the motorway parking (rental return) is a cinch and just a few minutes walk into the terminal without lifts and stairs and obstacles to navigate. Check in for our Flybe flight took 30 seconds including the queuing time and then there was the long walk to departures - about 50 yards! The facilities are limited but adequate and as for most people the objective is to get through the airport as fast and as painlessly as possible I think this one achieves that admirably.

Southampton Airport customer review

As before a pleasure to use. Departure to Galway couldn't have been easier and returning we were waiting on the railway station within 20 minutes of landing.

Southampton Airport customer review

Great small airport; I especially like to adjacent railway station. On our return flight we were on the train within an hour of leaving Guernsey.

Southampton Airport customer review

Have flown from Southampton numerous times over the last few years. At the moment it can get very busy which is a bit of a pain. But I can be at home 30 minutes after landing so I think it is great. Will agree service in cafe upstairs is very slow - but they have recently got rid of the benches & put loads of tables & chairs. Seems to me that there was plenty of room to sit down - although you might have to go back downstairs. They have also added a WH Smiths airside - which is about time. All in all I think it is a great airport if you live fairly local.

Southampton Airport customer review

Arrived at Southampton Airport at 1700 for my 1915 flight to Leeds/Bradford. The airport was busy very busy. Used fast-track or otherwise I could experienced a delay of 20mins. I must say this is a very busy time for Southampton around 20 flights taking off within the two hour period. The airport is like a converted aircraft hanger once through security very little on offer. A medium sized duty-free shop and little else. Upstairs is a cafe/bar which took me over 25mins to get served the service was very slow indeed. Once I had my drink in hand I could not find a seat I joined around 50 other people by sitting on the floor. I stayed like that for 1h30mins. Not a good experience at all. The airport seriously and urgently needs to look at the needs of the passengers the airport clearly can't cope with the hundreds of passengers in the area at the same time and I was really pleased to board my flight up North. Won't be coming back in a hurry.