Singapore Changi Airport

"no central security check in the terminal"

Not Verified | There are several good things to say about Changi Airport. The place is clean, has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere and a direct metro connection to the city centre. There is very much attention to detail, but there was one big thing that spoiled my experience and might make me avoid this airport on future trips to Australia for example: There was no central security check in the terminal, but instead one at every gate. Firstly that means that you can't bring any liquids on the plane other than the free water you get at the gate and secondly - and that is even worse - it means that if you want to use a restroom shortly before your plane departs, you have to leave the gate and go through the security check again when re-entering the gate. Yes, there are no toilets at the gates which is very unusual. So this airport cares for many details, but left out the most essential thing of all. Security checks always are inconvenient and I usually arrive at airports very early to check in and when I complete the security checks, I know that there is no obstacle left between me and the plane. At Changi Airport that is different and that is quite sad. I simply cannot recommend this airport without a central security check or at least some toilets at every gate.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"my favourite airport for transits"

Trip Verified | Having been there few times, Changi airport is my favourite airport for transits. Well connected terminals. Facilities were awesome. Staff at information desks were really helpful. Their baggage handling was really quick.
Date VisitApril 2018

"A very clean airport"

Not Verified | Excellent and efficient services. Clear and enough signs. A very clean airport. The washrooms even have sanitizers inside the cubicles! Great decoration and displays for taking photographs. Staff, including the immigration officers, know their jobs well and performed their duties professionally. Truly a first class airport and rightly rated for best airport!

"Entertainment is endless"

Trip Verified | Super amazing airport. Staff on the ground are very corteous. Entertainment is endless and for free!!! Best toilets, best restaurants, absolutely wow on everything! Just been to less than 15 airports in the world, but this airport is the best of them all. Will only be using Singapore Airlines only for the airport.
Date VisitApril 2018

"facilities were excellent"

Not Verified | Airport service and facilities were excellent. Wide variety of duty free shopping. Airport was very clean with free Wifi services. The terminal signs and directions were also very clear making it a breeze to navigate through the airport.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"there was only 1 immigration officer"

Not Verified | "Best Airport in Asia as well as the Best Airport in the World". A seriously misleading description for T1. I arrived on Wednesday and was at the immigration queue at around 6 pm. Every row was filled to about 60% of the immigration hall. As I use a walking stick I was directed to the line at the extreme right which included families and people on wheelchairs. Unfortunately there was only 1 immigration officer for that queue. Consequently it took me 1 hour standing in the queue before I was cleared. Kids were crying. It was not a pleasant experience at all. My bag of course was waiting for me when I finally got to the baggage carousel. I thought this was a once of experience. Unfortunately this was not the case. My husband arrived on the same flight 2 days later on a Friday. He was in the regular queue and his experience was exactly the same. It took both of us 1 hour 20 mins from the time we got off the plane to the time we got to the taxi stand. Until things improve it would be "fake news" to describe T1 of Singapore Changi Airport as the best airport not even in Asia, never mind the world.

"the best airport"

Trip Verified | I am not surprised that this airport gets voted the best airport. I was in transit and had an 8 hour layover but Singapore Airlines had given me a complimentary 6 hour voucher for the Ambassador Transit Hotel. My long flight from LHR landed at a gate other than the designated one but the helpful staff directed me to the transit hotel via the Skytrain. The helpful girl at the hotel suggested that I first get breakfast and crash out in my room. ATMs were everywhere and I got out some local currency. In the transit area, in addition to the usual expensive airport restaurants was the welcoming Golden Arches of a McDonalds, where I had cheap breakfast. Then I slept for 6 hours! At Changi airport, gates are allocated in such a manner that there are no long walks involved between gates. Rushing around and thinking that I was somewhere else and had to walk a mile to my gate, I realised that my gate was just a few yards away. Great airport!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"worst passport control"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Worst passport control among all the countries I visited, airport is extremely beautiful for sure, but the long and slow line at the passport control is horrific. The staff show no urgency and are rude towards anyone going through, they are very inefficient and do things really slowly. I think the airport has to really monitor and retrain their immigration staffs. People has missed their connecting flights and transport due to this, please keep this in mind when you're booking the tickets.

"fast and easy check-in"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The check-in counter is highly automated that i have to personally print my boarding pass and tag of my checked-in luggage and load the latter to the conveyor. First airport having this type of fast and easy check-in.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"airport is very efficient"

Not Verified | The airport is very efficient. It is also very clean. I liked the layout of the airport because after touchdown I got to the gate within 2 minutes. I loved how they used greenery in Terminal 3. They used automation effectively and it was good as it saved a lot of time. The staff was good and the airport was very clean and well designed. The duty-free shops have everything from food stuff to toys. The overall experience was amazing and Singapore Changi deserves to be at the top.
Date VisitJune 2018