Singapore Changi Airport

"A bad experience transiting"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | A bad experience transiting through Changi airport. Airport is great with all the shops and cozy places to eat. Despite it all, my last two times in transit through Changi airport I'll never forget the rude service from immigration staff. I just gently touched the autogate door and the person in charge standing in front warned me that if I broke it I would have to pay for it. Second time also in transit, when it was my turn to check my passport the immigration staff complaints that my passport cover is so big. He needs to take my passport out of my cover. If unwilling to do just let me know. It is just an super easy thing to do!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"The one and only Changi!"

(Greece)

Not Verified | The one and only Changi! This airport creates the rules for all the others. Perfect decoration, perfect smoking lounges(actually gardens!), even cinema and the famous waterfalls! Even the baggage pick up room is fantastic with the hanging gardens.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"This airport is very overrated"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I was flying on LOT Polish Airlines from Singapore to Warsaw. At the very beginning I visited Jewel which in my opinion should be in the airside for the transit passangers. When I finally decided to get to the airside it turned out that they couldn't scan my electronic boarding pass and I had to wait in an incredibly long queue, which was a huge inconvenience. The airport staff were really helpful though. They explained that we have to wait in the line, because they can’t scan our boarding pass, because they don’t have this airline in their system, which in my opinion is nothing but pathetic. If the airport serves an airline, it should be in their system. This airport is very overrated and 'likes to fly, but forgets how to walk' - it’s spectacular, but doesn’t offer basic airport services like scanning electronic boarding passes.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"it's almost impossible to find your way around"

Not Verified | I arrived into the airport and had a 24-hour layover until my next flight. I decided to leave the airport, explore the city, and then come back into the airport to relax before the flight. First off, the airport is massive!! There is so much to do and it's very entertaining, but it's so big that it's almost impossible to find your way around and everything is ridiculously expensive. I had to keep on asking staff where things were and when I checked the maps, it was hard to follow and it seemed like nothing matched the images. When I arrived back into the airport, I checked with my airline (Scoot) if my luggage will make it back to my flight, or if there is anything I need to do to make sure it will make it okay. They said there was nothing to worry about and it has already been transferred to my gate. I had time to kill, so I decided to take a shower. I found the little icon on the map and went to the respective areas to find the showers and they were not to be found. I asked the lounge staff where they are and they said I needed to pay $20 for a shower that is was inside the lounge. Not ideal. I wanted to see some of the attractions inside of the airport, but they were all way too expensive to enjoy. I went on the high bridge walk to watch the water and light so and it was $8 for about a 30 meter walk. This was the cheapest attraction, but by far the shortest. When it comes time to board, the carry-on checks is actually at the gates. The staff were very rushed and not making it a smooth process. They were very rude, no matter how prepared you were with your laptop out, jacket off, and all metal off. After the check-in point, we were held like cattle in a little room without many charging ports, so everyone was piling on top of each other for the littlest charge they could get. When I arrived at my destination, my checked luggage did not. I asked luggage services where it was at and they said my bag did not make the 24 hour connection. How could it not make it? If I knew I was not going get my checked bag, I would have done the transfer myself. I do not understand why the Scoot team told me it was transferred no problems, when it clearly was not. Long story short, the airport is confusing, glamorous, but not hassle free. I came into way more issues with this "luxury" airport than I did with other airports. It was cool to come here once, but I will try my best to do go again.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"it seems to be short of seating"

Not Verified | Whilst Changi offers lots of shops and food to distract from long waits it seems to be short of seating. It feels like there are less seats available each time I pass through. Is it to keep people shopping or to encourage memberships to the lounges? Wifi is great. Comfort and places to rest without having to spend money are scarce.

"what an airport"

Trip Verified | All I have to say is, what an airport! Just Jewel in and of itself means Changi is a tourist destination, with a 130-some-odd foot-tall indoor waterfall consisting of recycled rainwater, surrounded by five stories of tropical plants that appeal to multiple senses and then seven stories of what's basically a big, opulent shopping mall. Said shopping area also contains a Yotel, supermarket, IMAX theatre (below ground!), and access to an upper-level plant walk, which includes a glass bridge overlooking the waterfall, and a huge massive net suspended in the air that you can jump on. I spent an entire day in Jewel just as a tourist. But exploring the terminals is also a treat. Terminal 3 itself would be one of the most beautifully-designed airports in the world, with the sound-breaking ceiling, incredible space for passengers to walk around in, and plenty of shops post-security. The staff working in shops and restaurants, whether pre-security, in Jewel, or post-security, are, for the most part, nice, helpful and respectful. Also, terminal 2 had a beautiful display to celebrate this Year of the Rat pre-security, and a beautiful, rooftop sunflower garden post-security. The flow between the terminals requires either a walk or a tram or bus ride, but the organization at this airport is very logical. Customs and immigration aren't the friendliest, but they are efficient, courteous, and don't have a determinable ounce of the hostility that I'd expect to encounter with American and Canadian agents. However, processing times coming into Singapore for C&I weren't very efficient, even though lines weren't long at all, so I have to take one point off the overall rating. Baggage pickup is very efficient. I was able to pre-check baggage in Jewel before flying to Hong Kong--very easily, all computer-based, and with more than four hours to spare before departure time. Departure security, interestingly, is done at the gate, which is unusual, but the security personnel were personable, friendly, efficient, and thorough, all simultaneously. Singapore Airlines staff at departure were also very helpful and professional. Any place I saw in the airport was meticulously clean; even the restrooms had large windows in front of the urinals, but bamboo plants to block any views either inside or outside. Wow, I mean, wow! I wish North America would get its act together and build something even resembling Seoul Incheon or Hong Kong International, let alone Changi.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"amazing to travel through Changi"

Trip Verified | It's really amazing to travel through Changi. The newly constructed Jewel is connected to Terminal 1 seamlessly. The sign is clear and staff are well trained to handle questions and problems from passengers from different parts of the world.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"The best airport of all"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | A lot of space and shops, there is also a butterfly camp and spas. Changi's immigration is big, things to do everywhere. The best airport of all. Keep it like this!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Learn here from Hong Kong"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Changi has sorted everything re waiting time for immigration etc but doesn’t help that you can speed through that and then have to wait for the conveyor belt to find an open spot to keep the luggage coming out. Surely someone can set the luggage straight so that the belt can bring luggage out faster. Learn here from Hong Kong.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"airport is one of the finest"

Trip Verified | Arrival at this airport is how it should be, directions are clear, people are friendly, there are no long queues, there is candy at the immigration booth and it is easy to find ground transportation. Leaving from this airport depends on the terminal. Terminal is mainly full of shops, mainly with designer handbags. Unfortunately there is not much choice of food en beverages. My flight was after midnight and some food places were already closed. This airport is what you'd expect in Singapore: clean and efficient. Overall this airport is one of the finest.
Date VisitSeptember 2019