Sharm El Sheikh Airport

"random unorganised chaos"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I'm half Dutch Egyptian and I lived in both countries over 10 years. I've traveled to over 30 countries in my life and let me tell you, security in Sharm el-Sheikh Airport is the worst I experienced in all my life of travel, it was not like that years ago. Security staff are unfriendly, everyone has to go thru 3 security checks but if you are lucky they chose you randomly another 3 times to check your bag and register your name and destination. No manners, unfriendly, a lot of useless questions just out of curiosity, my wife was checked for any money or jewellery, just out of curiosity. No system, no ethics and no clear explanations. Instead of improving it in a professional manner you end up with this subjective random unorganised chaos. Please write your review so we can make a change. Tui flights were forced to let their passengers out in Hurghada on the way to Europe for no clear reason and just for 30 min. This has to improve and today we can wait on the plane during transit. I believe we can make a change by reporting it and complaining.
Date VisitJune 2019

"the staff are getting worse"

Not Verified | I have been to this airport on several occasions, the staff are getting worse each and every time, they are rude ignorant and they think it’s a fun game to talk on their phones and screw us around. Their security is overkill, security is important but 5 times just to make it to the boarding terminal is a bit much and that’s not including getting in the bus to go to the plane. Some of the guards like to mess around with you and the very next person going threw just gets waived.
Date VisitApril 2019

"nonsense and chaotic experience"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The airport's security has been 'improved' only to become a true nonsense and chaotic experience to travelers with security checks being implemented one after the other, even when entering the airport facility you have to show your 'boarding pass' even though you haven't reach the check in area still. Oddly enough, before checking in you have to pass through a security check where your baggage could be open. After visa procedures there's even other security check where you have to take off your shoes, normal procedure in Egypt but they don't give you plastic bags here for the feet. Visa and passport procedures on entering the country are also very complicated and slow even at night when there are very few aircraft movements. Airport staff generally very unfriendly and not knowledgeable of international procedures.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"bathrooms are pretty gross"

Excellent experience arriving and departing. The airport is modern, comfortable, and easy to access. The only thing to note is that the bathrooms are pretty gross. It was like they hadn't been clean in a week. Also, like with other airports in the region, always keep an eye on your stuff, even when going through security. All I know is my bag went in with a nice bottle of cologne, but did not come back with it.
Date VisitMay 2015

"our arrival was so smooth"

Haven't used Sharm airport for a few years and recall it being a bit of a chaotic place. This time our arrival on 29th September was so smooth, we we're off the plane and stood outside with bags in 15 mins. Departure back to UK as also very quick, we checked in and through security within 30 mins, departure lounge is still expensive but I would say it was clean, even the toilets, we were either lucky both ways or things have greatly improved. Couldn't seem to get on to any airport wifi though it seemed available. Staff did thier job but as usual without any smiles.
Date VisitOctober 2015

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This must be the most disgusting "International Airport" in the world. At all costs try and avoid the toilets as they are a health hazard. Overpriced food in the Departure lounge bad food at that! Very humid and uncomfortable, we could not wait to get away as this airport departure lounge ruined the last day of our holiday. Will never go to this airport again unfortunately that means we will not return to Sharm. The male toilets stank but at least no queue even though I was asked for money to get a paper towel to dry my hands by the toilet attendant on the other hand the female toilets had a massive queue and the smell which wafted out into the departure lounge was revolting. Duty Free - had 2 tills open and you could only pay in cash despite Visa signs so people were dumping their shopping then having to hand over their passport, nip into arrivals, get cash from ATM which was out of order!
Date VisitJuly 2015

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Arrival hall is far too small. Struggled to walk through tour groups around visa area to the immigration. Toilets are dirty and smelly. As for departure hall at terminal 1, it took me an hour to get through duty free area. Hundreds passengers stuck outside the terminal cos everyone needed to pass x-ray point before checking in (only 4 x-ray machines). After checking in and pass immigration, we had to pass the x-ray point again with tons of people. Staff were very rude. One of them pushed my back at the x-ray point though. Food and drinks at departure lounge are quite expensive for the quality. Burger King was so busy with a very long queue. You better arrive at this airport early or you might miss the flight.
Date VisitJune 2015

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

We have travelled to Sharm El Sheikh for many years and it is getting worse every year with the airport lounge being over full so some people cant even sit down the eating and drinking facilities are really poor with staff who keep changing prices which are already ridiculous! The duty free there was closed last year for renovations so what's taking so long?

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Arrived 2.5 hours before departure 6 flights were all trying to check in simultaneously total chaos! It was only thanks to the help of a member of my hotel staff who is a friend and was with me that I managed to get changed over to Fast Check In for £10 or I would not have even got through security check before my flight took off! We estimated there were around 1200 passengers trying to get through security check in 3 scanners were operating the rest were closed there were almost as many airport staff as there were passengers yet nobody appeared to be in charge! It was a total shambles! This was not the height of summer it was December 11th last year! I got onto my flight with 20 mins to go the flight was delayed a further 25 mins to allow passengers to get on board.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This airport is the worst airport I have ever travelled through. It lets Sharm El Sheikh down badly. It is chaotic the staff are rude and obnoxious tutting clicking their fingers at you shouting and pushing you around from queue to queue. As for the security checks - and I appreciate the need for security checks - why have so many? creating one bottleneck after another is a joke - it's hell on earth this place. It has totally put me off returning to Sharm ever again and that's a shame as we loved the hotel we stayed in.