Sharjah Airport

"a very very crowded airport"

Trip Verified | It’s a very very crowded airport. There is no good restaurants here. There is no place to sit and relax, no shopping area also. Please don't book your tickets from this airport.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I've had multiple bad experiences at this airport"

Not Verified | I've had multiple bad experiences at this airport and this time I've chosen to point it out. My problem is the rude attitude of airport staff and customs officers. They are very rude to everyone including children and the elderly.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"had the worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever had was Air Arabia. Actually, my mom and sister came on a visit visa for the first time and during their departure while entering the Airport they started facing issues. My mom is a senior citizen so, we prefer a wheelchair for her. Could you imagine they started harassing my sister about why our mom was using a wheelchair? Is she a covid patient? Now, this is not a question to be asked as they don't know that without a Covid Negative report they are not allowing passengers to board the flight. At the time of weighing luggage, my sister was informed to put all the luggage including hand luggage and purse and was informed that it was overweight by 7 kg. They don't have the right to do this, it's simple they were trying to get money from people who are on a visit visa. Lastly, not using good language nor good services at all. Though we paid for a wheelchair there was no staff member available for that. My sister and mother had the worst experience ever. For visit visa people, I would suggest never going for Air Arabia. Worst staff I have seen in my life.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"Airport staff were extremely rude"

Not Verified | I passed by this airport on 11th October night with long lay over for the connecting flight in the morning of 12th Oct. A couple of days before boarding the flight at New Delhi, when contacted Air Arabia customer care office in India, I was told that a long lay over at Sharjah airport is not a problem as the airport has good lounges and an Airport transit hotel. I wrote an email to the hotel but no response was received. To my surprise when I arrived at Sharjah airport, I found that there is only one lounge but that was also closed. Airport transit hotel was also closed. I asked the staff where to pass this long lay over in the absence of lounge and transit hotel. They said I can sit the whole night in the food court, which has only hard uncomfortable plastic chairs. So was the case of chairs placed in two waiting areas of the airport. All chairs were so hard that it caused severe pain after sitting for a long time. I had to sit for 10 hours on those most uncomfortable chairs just to catch my connecting flight. To pass the time I used my laptop and mobile phone to chat. After some time batteries were drained and I needed to charge it again but could not find any electric sockets around so contacted airport staff. They rudely told me that there are only 3 sockets at the airport to connect and charge laptops or mobiles. I searched them and found all those 3 places crowded with other passengers charging their devices. No televisions were provided in the waiting area or food court. I noticed a passenger querying a ground airport staff about a designated place for smoking. Staff replied to him rudely that he cannot smoke inside the airport. Airport staff were extremely rude and their behavior was so annoying. Almost all staff at the airport whether they were wearing a shirt mentioning “May I help You” or otherwise, were extremely impolite and unprofessional in their behavior. In my last 30 years of travelling around the world I have never come across such a bad airport management in a capital city of any country. To my experience this airport should be avoided as far as possible and to be used only exceptionally for short lay over, say 1-2 hours to catch a connecting flight. Air Arabia airline too should be avoided.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"Rude and not courteous airport staff"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Very narrow airport inside with few facilities. Very crowded airport that is being used mainly by Air Arabia. The outer design of this airport is good though. Rude and not courteous airport staff. All of the staffs speak either in Arabic or in Hindi! Very unclean toilets and insufficient in number. Insufficient seating arrangements. Very few airport shops and very costly. Boarding bridges are not available. Difficult to get wifi. I will try to avoid this airport in future.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Rude and uncourteous airport staff"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Very narrow airport inside with few facilities. Very crowded airport that is being used mainly by Air Arabia. The outer design of this airport is good though. Rude and uncourteous airport staff. All of the staff speak either in Arabic or in Hindi! Very unclean toilets and insufficient in number. Insufficient seating arrangements. Very few airport shops and very costly. Boarding bridges are not available. I will try to avoid this airport in future.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Certainly competes with the leading Saudi airports of Dammam, Riyadh and Jeddah for worst airport in Asia, possibly in the world. Bought a holiday package through Air Arabia so was forced to use the airport for the first (and last) time. Crazy lines everywhere- including the toilets. Limited number of filthy toilets which the poor attendants are unable to keep up. Free WiFi now, which is progress. Seating / waiting area is terrible. Only option to grab a seat is to eat at the exorbitantly priced food court (my wife ordered a dosa, a vada and a samosa for 41 dirhams). A good hub for low cost airlines to use but if possible, avoid at all costs.
Date VisitMay 2019

"not enough seating"

Not Verified | Horrible place, no WiFi, not enough seating, airport employees don't smile, don't have respect for customers. Only one place for WiFi in the airport, you have to pay more than 30€ to get an access, it's a VIP space. So, if you're not rich, you can't check your mail or SMS at the airport of Sharjah. It's a shame. Never will I come back to this place.
Date VisitMay 2019

"It seemed like a cattle market"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I frequently fly through Dubai, however the times of the flights and my schedule meant that I needed to find an alternative and flying through Sharjah using Air Arabia seemed to fit the bill. It was a first time for both the airline and airport. I was surprised how basic and how little the airport offered. It seemed like a cattle market with the airport staff homing in on anyone that had a carry-on trolley. I will do my best to avoid this airport in the future as a 3 hr layover was like torture as there are no amenities, no Wi-Fi and dirty toilets.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"waste of time"

Not Verified | The worst airport I have been into. Really bad services. Long queues, slow staff, waste of time. Even the airline they provide, Air Arabia to be specific has poorly behaved staff. The airport is somewhat similar to a fish market. I would never visit this place again.
Date VisitDecember 2017