Shannon Airport

Shannon Airport customer review

Not a very busy airport so you can expect a relaxed time. There is certainly plenty of space and the new check in hall is very impressive. Security are quick but thorough. The random checks at the boarding gates are a feature of all Irish airports but they are friendly at doing there job: just don't give them any crap and you'll be fine. The Duty free is well stocked for an airport of this size and the staff are very friendly. One exception to this is the staff at Passport control (members of the Irish police) who could seriously do with some people skills.

Shannon Airport customer review

My visit to Shannon was during a re-fuel stop coming from Amman to O'Hare. Considering that it was a small airport and I only had a couple hours it was a good visit. What might have also influenced my feelings was the fact that I had spent a month in the Middle East where I met staring eyes because of red hair and very fair skin; thus stopping at Shannon was a total contrast where I could pass as native quite well. Oh and I met a man named Brian O'Brian wearing green. After that stereotypical experience I expected lucky charms in my beer! Alas there was a nice coffee bar emphasis on bar. The duty-free store was fairly large prices were reasonable (particularly on the Bailey's!) and the staff was friendly. Don't get stuck too long there but it's a nice stop.