Seoul Incheon Airport

"very relaxed environment"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Seoul has been often reviewed as a good airport, I can only add to it. Spacious, comfortable, very relaxed environment compared to most airports I have been too. Quick security control. Made my transit time less annoying and tiring. Comfortable seating near the gate, with lots of space and pleasant temperature. Wifi connection ok.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1, long distances to walk. All shops including food outlets close at 9:30pm, latest 10pm. Only couple of very average 24h places open. Wondering what the hundreds of passengers are meant to do scheduled to fly during the night. Very disappointing for a wanna be international hub. Clean, moderately efficient with security screening.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"definite mixed bag here"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | A radically different experience as an arriving international passenger than it was departing. On arrival, there were numerous large planes arriving simultaneously with hundreds if not thousands of people all jogging towards the first immigration area. There were already hundreds of people waiting in line and a staff member pulled the elasticated barrier closed as we approached and shouted at the approaching crowd “keep walking to next immigration”. After a few hundred feet we found another equally crowded immigration waiting line. It didn’t seem like there were enough people staffing the area and there were large numbers of people attempting to aggressively push through and cut the line. It was all very unpleasant and it really needed more control as on another day I could see tempers fraying badly here. By the time we finally cleared immigration and found the baggage claim carousel it had stopped turning and the bags from our flight were all waiting on the floor. This all contrasted starkly with the super relaxed, politely organised experience when departing again. It was pleasant and civilised which was nothing like the cattle market on arrival. A definite mixed bag here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Excellent airport and facilities"

Trip Verified | Excellent airport and facilities, very clean, efficient, friendly and helpful staff, relaxed and quiet terminal. Better airport than Singapore Changi. Arrived at 7 pm, I was traveling only with carry onboard luggage and walked off the plane and straight through immigration and customs and outside the terminal. No waiting in lines. Also good public transport from the airport, information and payment counters. Highly recommend fly to Seoul Incheon and beyond.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"security women were very rude"

Not Verified | The airport security women were very rude and aggressive. Patted down my wife and 18 month child for no reason after they got through the scanner no problem. Disgraceful overreaction is security. Nothing went off or alerted them. They scanned the pram then had to go over it again after no problem through the belt.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"an ample amount of eateries"

Trip Verified | A very modern airport with very clean toilets and an ample amount of eateries. Wifi service is excellent and queuing times are good. Terminal seats are comfortable.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Security and immigration went very well"

Not Verified | Terminal 1, arrival and departure on working days. Descriptions are rarely written in English (only every 2-3.) between them you just follow the crowd. Immigration is faster due to the fact that they don’t stamp anymore, you just get a arrival slip (I always liked the stamps). Nevertheless arrival time was about 11 am and the crowd on the immigration was ok, about 15 min. For customs, there are many ways through, just look on the left or the right side, never in the center! Due to many horror stories here I went back to the airport quiet early to have enough time. Arriving 7 am on Monday morning there were less people than expected. Security and immigration went very well, together about 20-25 min. So haven’t missed a fast/priority/business lane at all.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Staff were rude"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Staff were rude and not very knowledgeable. All the restaurants closed at 9:30. In an international airport. I couldn't believe it to be honest. I had 3 hours to wait for my flight with nowhere to grab dinner. Long lines at check in and security/customs.
Date VisitJune 2019

Seoul Incheon Airport customer review

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Very clean, very big, but also very soulless. Also a very long ride to/from Seoul suburbs where most hotels are. Arrival was quick, although no “fast lanes” exist here. Late evening departure showed the airport’s drawbacks: only one of four departure gates open after 8pm, 90% of (luxury brand) shops and restaurants closed already, few seating areas, and very average signing in English. Airports like Narita, Haneda, Chep Lap Kok, are definitely in another league, I would even say 2 classes above Incheon.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Signs of directions in English are not clear"

Trip Verified | Signs of directions in English are not clear. No additional signs halfway along the journey and we’ll just have to try our luck. Realised most people who understand English ended down at gate 27 for tax refund instead of taking the escalator up to collect the tax refund. Collection of duty free product (from Shinsegae) was a nightmare. I’m able to locate the place but unable to find any escalator up to level 4 based on reading the instructions in English on the duty free collection pamphlet. Although staff are able to speak English, I had to ask 3 different people to get to the place correctly. Upon reaching the area I quickly approached Shinsegae counter with my slip but was pushed off by them to get a Q ticket. There’s no sign where to get the ticket and I was looking everywhere for some ticketing kiosk. Walked back and asked Shinsegae staff where to get the ticket and they just pointed to the collection point entrance. That’s all! So unhelpful. Obviously I know it is somewhere at the entrance. I just have to follow the huge crowd of Chinese tourists and queued at the counter of lotte duty free and pass my passport to a counter for scanning then this staff told me to get a Q ticket from the small little machine labeled 3 which is for Shinsegae after I asked him where exactly it is as I can’t find it. Collection of products was fast after getting the Q ticket. Zero waiting time, but the process and time taken was not worth it. I regretted getting the product in the end. No more collection of duty free products at Incheon Terminal 1 airport. Had no issue five years back here and I wondered what happened this time round. My flight was at 23.45hrs and I read that the check-in counter opens 3hrs before flight time which was at 20.45hrs. I was early and arrived before the check-in counter opened as I know I had things that I needed to do. There was a queue at immigration check point which was pretty manageable for that crowd. Guess I spent too much time collecting the duty free product. By then I’m so thirsty and was looking for a place to sit down for a drink only to realise most of the shops were closed or closing. I quickly walked towards the direction of my departing gate 23 hoping to just get a bottle of mineral water before I died of thirst. I saw a shop selling it and quickly got there to get it only to hear that they are closed. I asked her to help me please in my very limited Korean language then she agreed to sell me the bottle of mineral water for which I can only make the payment with a credit card. Whatever, I quickly took out my card for payment and was shocked that the other staff from the shop lowered down the gate shutter. Got back my card and water and they closed the shop completely with a number of helpless looking tourists wondering where else to get water at this hours when most of the shops are closed and there’s still a 1-2 hours before our flight. Well, we understand the shop is not 24hrs and you are closed/closing but at least direct us where else can we get some drinks at this hours instead of lowering the shutters and shouting at the customers.
Date VisitMay 2019