Seoul Incheon Airport

"There is free WiFi"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | There is free WiFi. In addition to many coffee shops, restaurants, helpful information and duty-free shops. Some airport staff is rude which I would agree with.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"serious problem with wheelchair assistance"

Not Verified | The airport was very clean, very beautiful, very quiet. If I had not been arriving with my husband who has leukemia and was in need of "Wheelchair" assist, I would not have been aware of the serious problem the staff has when caring for those who arrive there in need of wheelchair assistance. I have not seen more disrespect communicated to people in need of assistance ever in my life as I observed the two times we arrived. People were made to wait, standing, for long periods of time, were yelled at "follow me" and expected to be able to walk/run to keep up with fast moving staff, had their passports ripped out of their hands when they were unable to respond quickly enough to brusque questions, overall, their needs were ignored. My husband has some dementia and does not do well when separated from his family, yet a staff member, after first leaving us to wait for more than an hour abruptly grabbed the wheelchair he was in (I had put him in rather than making him stand) took him onto a full elevator at one point until I yelled at him to please wait for me. Once when they finally loaded us on a cart, they moved so abruptly that we almost fell out. Many were left for so long that they were in danger of missing their next flight. At one point in time they had two lines of people in need of "wheelchair assist" standing, waiting for more than an hour. I saw about 15 folded wheelchairs nearby which i began to unfold take out to help seat the people who were handicapped. One young woman took one of these and was able to sneak her Dad on it and wheel him to the next stop to keep him from missing his flight. I do not ever recall seeing people treated more poorly. Strangely, at the same airport when on the departing flight, my husband was treated with respect and everything went extremely smoothly, so it only seems to be an issue with arrivals.

"Very disappointed"

(Cambodia)

Not Verified | I understand that the airport can be crazy from time to time, but providing service for foreigners who do not know how to communicate or has a disability. The airport staff shouldn't be rude to those who need help. Very disappointed with this airport. I guess it's the same no matter where you go.

"it is a great airport"

Trip Verified | Incheon Airport is a great airport. We passed through its new Terminal 2 twice. The airport is clean and has all facilities you need and some that were unexpected eg the opera singing and cultural displays. My 13 year old son particularly enjoyed the kids virtual reality experience. The Airport also offers transit tours, including of Seoul, which unfortunately we did not have quite enough time to do. There is at least 1 transit hotel at Incheon Airport that you can use overnight or for shorter periods, but we found the new transit lounge (which has free showers, free wifi and a 'sleep zone') wonderful and all we needed for our 5 hour layover, although the massages offered there seemed a bit expensive and we thought it odd that you could not buy a can of coke or lemonade, although other drinks were available at its food counter, at which you could also purchase sandwiches etc. Terminal 2 itself has some shops and food outlets but could definitely do with a drinks machine and some kind of fast food outlet other than dunkin donuts and the Korean chicken shop (though we enjoyed trying that too!). All in all though, it is a great airport that I am sure will only improve over time.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"very relaxed environment"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Seoul has been often reviewed as a good airport, I can only add to it. Spacious, comfortable, very relaxed environment compared to most airports I have been too. Quick security control. Made my transit time less annoying and tiring. Comfortable seating near the gate, with lots of space and pleasant temperature. Wifi connection ok.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1, long distances to walk. All shops including food outlets close at 9:30pm, latest 10pm. Only couple of very average 24h places open. Wondering what the hundreds of passengers are meant to do scheduled to fly during the night. Very disappointing for a wanna be international hub. Clean, moderately efficient with security screening.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"definite mixed bag here"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | A radically different experience as an arriving international passenger than it was departing. On arrival, there were numerous large planes arriving simultaneously with hundreds if not thousands of people all jogging towards the first immigration area. There were already hundreds of people waiting in line and a staff member pulled the elasticated barrier closed as we approached and shouted at the approaching crowd “keep walking to next immigration”. After a few hundred feet we found another equally crowded immigration waiting line. It didn’t seem like there were enough people staffing the area and there were large numbers of people attempting to aggressively push through and cut the line. It was all very unpleasant and it really needed more control as on another day I could see tempers fraying badly here. By the time we finally cleared immigration and found the baggage claim carousel it had stopped turning and the bags from our flight were all waiting on the floor. This all contrasted starkly with the super relaxed, politely organised experience when departing again. It was pleasant and civilised which was nothing like the cattle market on arrival. A definite mixed bag here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Excellent airport and facilities"

Trip Verified | Excellent airport and facilities, very clean, efficient, friendly and helpful staff, relaxed and quiet terminal. Better airport than Singapore Changi. Arrived at 7 pm, I was traveling only with carry onboard luggage and walked off the plane and straight through immigration and customs and outside the terminal. No waiting in lines. Also good public transport from the airport, information and payment counters. Highly recommend fly to Seoul Incheon and beyond.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"security women were very rude"

Not Verified | The airport security women were very rude and aggressive. Patted down my wife and 18 month child for no reason after they got through the scanner no problem. Disgraceful overreaction is security. Nothing went off or alerted them. They scanned the pram then had to go over it again after no problem through the belt.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"an ample amount of eateries"

Trip Verified | A very modern airport with very clean toilets and an ample amount of eateries. Wifi service is excellent and queuing times are good. Terminal seats are comfortable.
Date VisitApril 2019