Seoul Incheon Airport

"Staff were rude"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Staff were rude and not very knowledgeable. All the restaurants closed at 9:30. In an international airport. I couldn't believe it to be honest. I had 3 hours to wait for my flight with nowhere to grab dinner. Long lines at check in and security/customs.
Date VisitJune 2019

Seoul Incheon Airport customer review

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Very clean, very big, but also very soulless. Also a very long ride to/from Seoul suburbs where most hotels are. Arrival was quick, although no “fast lanes” exist here. Late evening departure showed the airport’s drawbacks: only one of four departure gates open after 8pm, 90% of (luxury brand) shops and restaurants closed already, few seating areas, and very average signing in English. Airports like Narita, Haneda, Chep Lap Kok, are definitely in another league, I would even say 2 classes above Incheon.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Signs of directions in English are not clear"

Trip Verified | Signs of directions in English are not clear. No additional signs halfway along the journey and we’ll just have to try our luck. Realised most people who understand English ended down at gate 27 for tax refund instead of taking the escalator up to collect the tax refund. Collection of duty free product (from Shinsegae) was a nightmare. I’m able to locate the place but unable to find any escalator up to level 4 based on reading the instructions in English on the duty free collection pamphlet. Although staff are able to speak English, I had to ask 3 different people to get to the place correctly. Upon reaching the area I quickly approached Shinsegae counter with my slip but was pushed off by them to get a Q ticket. There’s no sign where to get the ticket and I was looking everywhere for some ticketing kiosk. Walked back and asked Shinsegae staff where to get the ticket and they just pointed to the collection point entrance. That’s all! So unhelpful. Obviously I know it is somewhere at the entrance. I just have to follow the huge crowd of Chinese tourists and queued at the counter of lotte duty free and pass my passport to a counter for scanning then this staff told me to get a Q ticket from the small little machine labeled 3 which is for Shinsegae after I asked him where exactly it is as I can’t find it. Collection of products was fast after getting the Q ticket. Zero waiting time, but the process and time taken was not worth it. I regretted getting the product in the end. No more collection of duty free products at Incheon Terminal 1 airport. Had no issue five years back here and I wondered what happened this time round. My flight was at 23.45hrs and I read that the check-in counter opens 3hrs before flight time which was at 20.45hrs. I was early and arrived before the check-in counter opened as I know I had things that I needed to do. There was a queue at immigration check point which was pretty manageable for that crowd. Guess I spent too much time collecting the duty free product. By then I’m so thirsty and was looking for a place to sit down for a drink only to realise most of the shops were closed or closing. I quickly walked towards the direction of my departing gate 23 hoping to just get a bottle of mineral water before I died of thirst. I saw a shop selling it and quickly got there to get it only to hear that they are closed. I asked her to help me please in my very limited Korean language then she agreed to sell me the bottle of mineral water for which I can only make the payment with a credit card. Whatever, I quickly took out my card for payment and was shocked that the other staff from the shop lowered down the gate shutter. Got back my card and water and they closed the shop completely with a number of helpless looking tourists wondering where else to get water at this hours when most of the shops are closed and there’s still a 1-2 hours before our flight. Well, we understand the shop is not 24hrs and you are closed/closing but at least direct us where else can we get some drinks at this hours instead of lowering the shutters and shouting at the customers.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Worse airport I have been to"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Very long queue at departure boarding, and the worse thing is they close all other boarding gates except 1 after 9pm!! To me that is ridiculous if you are an international airport, staff are rude too - not helpful! Worse airport I have been to, bad efficiency - so far apart from Japan and even China is very much better!
Date VisitApril 2019

"Slow and inefficient"

Trip Verified | I am amazed this is a 5 star airport. Huge lines at security and immigration. Maybe people review transit only. Slow and inefficient procedures. No priority lane. Overall I think Shanghai is faster, Changi is far superior.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"space just not used properly"

Not Verified | The airport itself is beautiful, and if that’s what the rating would be based on Inchon would have a high rating. However what matters most to me is how well I can navigate with my family. There is good signage but the space at this airport is just not used properly. An example would be the rest areas upstairs are huge but one person pretty much takes away from 5 or 6 that could use the same space. Taco Bell doesn’t even substitute soft shell for hard shell in a meal (for the price it shouldn’t be a problem). There are charging stations but they are gobbled up immediately and so it’s either no charge or hope your stuff is cool while you sit several rows away from your $1000 device. Food area upstairs is also impossible at times to even find a place to sit or because of narrow rows to even walk with food. And my biggest frustration is the lack of common, at least I thought common, curtesy as no one moves aside to let you pass. It is not that anyone is rude it’s that no one is happy, glad, or excited about our experience here at this airport. We don’t dislike this airport it’s just that we don’t like it either.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"inefficient, impatient and rude service"

Trip Verified | The worst service at check-in counter for Singapore Airlines. Never had the most inefficient, impatient and rude service. Passengers are treated very poorly. Very disappointing experience
Date VisitDecember 2018

"spotlessly clean"

Trip Verified | I took the 'all stop' train from city centre for the 47km journey (cost about £3 - a bargain), and a smooth ride all the way. I had read much about this airport, so arrived early to experience it for myself. Firstly there was plenty of seating, and check-in areas spacious and without any clutter. The toilets were spotlessly clean. On a higher floor, rest areas, and a huge selection of dining options - both from fast food outlets to gourmet dining. Checking their menus and prices, high end restaurants did not appear too expensive either. The airside, although crowded, was easy to manoeuvre through, with shops not spilling out to the walking areas, and gates and signs very clear. Going through passport control both on arrival and departure was easy and quick. Then there was the entertainment. Re-enacting the Joseon Dynasty Royal Parade, with passengers given photo opportunities, classical concert performances, a jazz quartet, art gallery, viewing areas etc. I managed to get a glimpse of all this, and read about many other cultural activities and exhibitions. The airport certainly seems to go way out to make passengers feel comfortable, being polite, enjoy the activities and leave in a positive mood. I read somewhere that even non-passengers come to the airport just to enjoy the day! I can now say that Singapore, Hong Kong and Incheon have to be my favourite airports in the world.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"very new and spacious"

Not Verified | I had one transfer, one arrival and one departure from Term 2. This is very new and spacious. Transfer: irrespective of minimum connection time, please allow more time. I was within the time frame for a legal connection. Barely made it. Arrival: customs/immigration was very efficient. Bags no issue. Went to bus area and got my ticket. Departure: Takes a long time to get here further than Term 1 so give yourself closer to 2 hours to get here. Check-in great. Security no issue. Immigration fast. Lots of food choices. Waiting areas spacious and wifi works. Would rank it up in there with Changhi in the comfort area.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"well organized and super clean"

Trip Verified | I am very often in Incheon and appreciate this airport. I was there for departure and arrival with several airlines. It does not matter which airline, the airport services satisfy all expectation that you may have as a customer. Typical Korean everything is well organized and super clean. The signs are pretty clear and all relevant languages. Orientation in Incheon is straightforward. Immigration is very well organized. even in rush moments there are always enough officers. Security clearance for departure is working well. I miss quick lanes for frequent Traveller, though. Efficient luggage management, respecting high priority. Even though the airport is quite far from the city center, there are enough buses traveling to several destinations at high frequencies. No issues here.
Date VisitMay 2018