Seattle Airport

Seattle Airport customer review

Surprised how smoothly our check-in and security was. Everyone was so helpful and polite. We did make the mistake of eating at the Quiznos inside the airport (we had not seen the other reviews warning against that). Food was awful and the employees were the first rude people we had encountered in Seattle. We ended up spending more on money on food than planned because we couldn't eat what we had ordered at Quiznos. However the food and the employees were wonderful at the Japanese place where we ended up.

Seattle Airport customer review

A delightful airport to transit through. Easy layout to negotiate. A large and naturally lit central dining area that is very relaxed. Sea-Tac is definitely one of the more attractive and inviting airports I have seen in the US.

Seattle Airport customer review

Easy layout with great transportation to get there. The main concourse has many places to eat and shop. It is always very clean and I've never had a problem making a flight because of security lines. My only is advice is to avoid the Quiznos in terminal B. The food is sub par but they are the only place in that terminal so I think they know they don't have to try very hard. My advice - get something from one of the great places in the main terminal or C or D.

Seattle Airport customer review

Flying from Seattle to Tampa the ticket counter workers were very respectful and clean. Going through security was good as well. But the TSA are very rude. My gate was B17 So it wasn't far to walk from security. There are plenty of restaurants stores and bathrooms available.

Seattle Airport customer review

This airport is great. The atmosphere is really nice and getting through security is a breeze. My flight got cancelled once and my family was at the back of a line to get a new flight when a random worker came up and got us a flight closer to our destination. There are Starbucks in every food court and at every gate plus lots of magazine and book stores along with restaurants if you have extra time and would like to sit down. The gates are comfortable as well.

Seattle Airport customer review

I experienced my worst security queuing experience at this airport. I was directed into a massive line which was moving very slowly. About 60 minutes later when I got close enough to see the actual checkpoints I found out why. "Elite" (high mileage first class etc.) passengers were being given priority at every checkpoint. Well there was a virtually continuous stream of such passengers so many of them got though in only seconds or minutes while us steerage passengers waited an hour to get to the same point. When I finally passed this bottleneck during my long walk to the gate I saw that there were many other much smaller security checkpoints with no lines further on down the hallway that I could have used instead. Despite arriving almost two hours before my departure time my flight was almost done boarding when I got to the gate! A miserable airport one that I hope to never visit again.

Seattle Airport customer review

A big plus for this airport is the light rail. Two of us (adult and child) were able to take a commuter train from Everett (about 40 miles north of the airport) with an easy connection in downtown Seattle for a total of $12. There's an excellent food court with fair prices in the center of the airport but pickings can be slim in the concourses and especially in the satellite terminals. This might not be the best airport for people who don't mind walking a bit.

Seattle Airport customer review

The airport has a relatively modern albeit somewhat chaotic feel. The proximity of the light rail station allowing quick and inexpensive access to downtown Seattle is a definite plus (it is located at the far end of the northern parking garage - best to ask for directions). Getting to the airport terminal to check-in can be confusing. Hotel and other courtesy vans let out passengers not next to the terminal but across the access road next to the parking garage. I saw no crosswalks across that road. To get to the main terminal you need to get to one of the elevators in the parking garages to take you to a skywalk (bridge) over the access road to the terminal then find a second elevator to go up to the departures level. We almost rented one of the baggage carts in the parking garage but were glad we used a skycap due to the confusing route to our check-in counter. There seemed to be a dearth of rest rooms in the check-in areas. As noted a bit of a walk to the security line (with special entrance for First Class passengers) then down 2 (more?) escalators to get to the train to the "S" terminal for our flight. We did get our exercise departing from this airport.

Seattle Airport customer review

They have been remodeling this airport for the past 20 years but some things have not changed. The ticket counter check in is old style and cramps the terminal area if heavy flights are queuing. Alaska is the only airline there that I know of with kiosk check in. Security is bad TSA staff is rude compared to other airports. Security area is cramped and not efficient. Long walks to the gate areas except for Alaska who is the main tenant here. There are two satellite terminals connected by an underground tram. International runs out of the south satellite. After customs you have to put your bags on the conveyer then go to baggage claim in the main terminal to reclaim them. Parking is a mess. Rental cars are currently in the parking garage but plans are to move them away which will mean shuttles to and from. Food services are the only bright spot here. Plenty to choose from at the gates and the food is quite good.

Seattle Airport customer review

I’ve been traveling to Seattle quite often. The best thing about the Seattle airport is the fact that they have a Link light rail station connected via walk-way to the airport. For $2.50 I can get from the airport to less than a block away from my corporate office. And for an additional $6.90 I can ride the ferry over to Bainbridge to meet up with my parents. (The ferry is free heading back into Seattle.) I generally fly Virgin America which seems to be assigned gates in Siberia. Rumor has it there are more dining choices at the food court which is good since pick’ins are pretty slim down by the low number gates. There is a Starbucks adjacent to the concourse so at least you can get something there while you are waiting on your flight. The airport itself seems to be clean and well maintained. Baggage handling is prompt and the security lines move quickly and are staffed by friendly people.