San Juan Airport

"No urgency, no customer service, no humility"

Trip Verified | Let me just say, this airport sucks! TSA literally has every single flight going through one TSA point. The agents are rude and I am just not sure what issue Puerto Rico has with Americans, like you do know we all don’t create policies and laws that may affect your country right? Don’t take the governments actions out on us. That being said, this airport moves slower than molasses. No urgency, no customer service, no humility. That airport is the most disgusting airport ever and whoever is over it should be ashamed of yourself.
Date VisitJune 2022

"food venues close at 6pm on a Saturday night"

Trip Verified | Bad service, food venues close at 6pm on a Saturday night during spring break. Traveling with kids flight delayed no food venues open, it doesn’t even makes sense. Not enough charging stations.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"one of the worst airports ever"

Not Verified | This has to be one of the worst airports ever - on arrival in the middle of the night there was no one to ask for any help but the worst time was on departure the left luggage was full so we couldn’t leave our items and had to wait 8 hours in the airport, no internet at all even to pay for! Who doesn’t have internet, it’s dangerous especially when you have to sort out locator forms we had to pay for internet time at the airport hotel to ensure we could check in - no seats available at the airport and it was dirty and simply awful. Never again such a shame
Date VisitMarch 2022

"service at this airport is bad"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | The service at this airport is bad and they don’t know how to treat customers. The service at store coffee roasters is very slow and the employees don’t treat customers good. Hope people buy their coffee at other concessions with better customer service.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"airport is dirty, the service is horrible"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I have ever travelled through. As a Puerto Rican myself, I am very ashamed that this airport is what tourists see when they come here. The airport is dirty, the service is horrible, the food is lacking, food court isn’t existent. Bar service, those that are open, is characterized by their rudest behavior. The prices are the highest I have ever seen and the food is awful. The people of Puerto Rico don’t deserve an airport so mediocre that only can compare with third world countries airports. Shame, shame.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"it took me about 45 minutes to find somebody to help"

Not Verified | Let me just start off by saying the communication between main land Americans and Puerto Rican Americans is so bad. I came from Arkansas on my way to the Virgin Islands and I had to layover in San Juan, it took me about 45 minutes to find somebody to help me, everyone I approached looked at me and with disgust and said they didn't speak English, I finally found a janitor that was willing to help me. I will never in my life go back through Puerto Rico or visit Puerto Rico, its such a shame the security screeners told me to go away. I was in distress and finally found where I was supposed to go, the walk was horrible like 20 minutes straight walking. I ended up having a panic attack.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"not a single person could help me"

Not Verified | I arrived at San Juan airport on May 20 around 2 pm I speak no Spanish me and my boyfriend came for vacation. He speaks it I don’t. I got lost and was crying and freaking out I had lost my phone. And I had all these bags plus my cat. I had no clue where my boyfriend was. I talked to 5 different people that were working at the airport and not a single one of them could help me. The lady for lost luggage area was super rude to me and told me she could not look after any of my bags so I could go look for my boyfriend. Then I talked to a luggage guy and he literally ignored me. Then I even talked to an airport security and he could not help me either. I thought this was a tourist airport but not a single person could help me or understand me. No one would even let me use a phone they had. I think this is messed up on so many levels because I spent so much money to fly here and I got lost and not a single person could help me. Imagine a child getting lost and people just ignoring him or her because they speak english only and don’t understand them, leaving them to fend for themselves,It’s sad and a very scary thing, I am now afraid to go back to San Juan airport because of my experience and it needs to be heard and something needs to be done about it.
Date VisitMay 2019

San Juan Airport customer review

Not Verified | It is a shame that San Juan Puerto Rico has such a poor airport! The outlets dont work, the chairs are awful, not enough shopping and lets not start with the condition of the bathrooms! The food is over priced and bad. I will suggest for the management of this airport to visit Punta Cana airport! This will put them to shame. Puerto Rico a commonwealth of the USA you will think that the amenities or standards will be similar to those of USA? Wrong....nothing to be excited here!
Date VisitApril 2019

"very disappointing"

Trip Verified | Flew out of SJU early this morning, decided to wait to have breakfast at the airport, that was a big mistake. There are no proper breakfast places to be had at Terminal B. There was this over priced coffee shop, with prepackaged pastries, and prices that would make Starbucks blush, a Margaritaville, great if you are an alcoholic and wanted early morning booze, and a Viena restaurant offering chicken wings, burgers, hot dogs and meat patties, seriously?Not a single item containing eggs on site, yet alone any proper breakfast foods. I am really shocked they did not even have a McDonalds, Burger King or Mesón, heck, any restaurant known to offer real breakfast foods, it's really very disappointing that an airport this size cannot even provide sufficient and proper restaurant options. Hoy por la mañana salí de la terminal B, no comí afuera del aeropuerto, ni antes del control de seguridad pensando que encontraría un lugar apropiado para desayunar. Pero ocurrió todo lo contrario, un local de café, con precios más caros que un Starbucks, un restaurant tipo bar, en serio! Y el Viena vendiendo comidas de almuerzo, cena a las 5:30 am, en serio? No podían poner un Mesón, o hasta un McDonalds o Buerguer King, al menos esos ofrecen desayunos como Dios manda, y algo común y normal en cualquier restaurante del tamaño del LMN por todo el mundo, da vergüenza ver empanadillas, alitas, hot dogs o dulces en vez de comida verdadera de desayuno.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"the bartender was rude"

Trip Verified | The airport personnel were very helpful and the girls at Popeyes were very nice! Tried to get a cocktail at Mango's village bar and restaurant the bartender was rude, in fact he was so rude I walked away. Puerto Rico was wonderful just don’t go to Mango's on the way home!
Date VisitFebruary 2018