San Francisco Airport

"San Francisco Airport is gorgeous!"

Trip Verified | San Francisco Airport is gorgeous! We anticipated food courts may be closed and brought our dinner with us. We did take a later flight so it was not crowded at all. The only frustration I had was with long-term parking. Domestic long-term was closed with no forewarning, we were directed to international by an employee we could not understand clearly. We were given a ticket to use once we returned, I later noticed it was dated the 8th, we pulled in on the 10th. I had also found a coupon for 2 days free parking, from sfo website that was not honored. Other than that, it was a good experience. Parking is extremely expensive! Next time we will get a ride
Date VisitApril 2021

"there was no food available or open"

Trip Verified | Terrible is all I can say. We landed for our layover after a 5 hour flight and there was no food available or open. There was no food offered on our flight either. We have a layover for 2.5 hours and then another 4 hour flight. Somebody didn’t think this through.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Poorly placed signs with missing information"

Not Verified | Poorly placed signs with missing information. Way too big of an airport with rude staff. Navigating is impossible and for how much we pay and how many rules we have to follow which some honestly make no sense, you would think this airport could offer more than confusing giant art that people can't even admire because they're trying to figure out this labyrinth. Why charge so much, to be treated so badly because of a poor building design. If it were for better employees, better directional tools or at least some correct information instead of being told to, and I quote Delta Air Lines disgraceful employee, "I should've read the fine print", maybe I wouldn't be making sure I share this experience with every single option I have, so no one has to be screwed over, after all I went through to get this ticket, like I did. And seeing all the comments on all the forums I've been on so far, doesn't look like I'm alone.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"social distancing is very hard to achieve"

Trip Verified | I disliked this airport after a horrible experience a few years ago but it seems it’s only gotten worse. 70% of restaurants were closed with only limited options available, all of which were fast food or fast casual. This greatly reduced the amount of available seats for those who did need to eat, and therefore social distancing is very hard to achieve. Quite possibly the worst place to spend a layover during Covid!
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"do not recommend this airport"

(Northern Marianas)

Not Verified | This airport had terrible customer service for the most part. Only few employees were understanding and accommodating. They took away my 74 year old aunt’s wheelchair that she needed when she sat down. Not to mention, one of her escorts left her in a corner for an hour or more. The escorts just displayed terrible customer service. The experience was so horrible for my cousin that she had a complete panic attack and had to run from one end to the other for her stuff. I do not recommend this airport to anyone.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"6ft distance is not honored"

Trip Verified | Most personnel has no mask nor gloves and comes really close, not honoring 6ft distance. I m wearing mask and gloves and counter and security is harassing me, i had to go thru security line then back to counter then security line and they openly harassed me, making me wait, not helping, making it difficult, going tru all my stuff and patting me down it took an hour total and i lost my flight. Security is worst because it is without masks and come close to you to pat you down. I asked they do talking at 6ft distance and then come to pat me and they had no clue what i was talking about. They want to pretend corona doesnt exist. Airport is quite empty but practically nobody wears a mask or gloves and 6ft distance is not honored.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"good WiFi is imperative"

Trip Verified | I have used SFO 8 times a year on average for the last 4 years. The WiFi is often weak or there is no connectivity at all. This is surprising and ironic, given the airport is near the center of most of the largest online tech corporations in the world. Many people using SFO concur with this pattern. I wish someone in charge would get it fixed. A good WiFi is imperative for those traveling through any airport!
Date VisitMarch 2020

"SFO was a terrible experience"

Not Verified | From landing after an international overnight flight to transfer to another flight, SFO was a terrible experience and I will avoid at all costs. TSA customs entry was very poorly stationed, as was re-entry. The food establishments in this airport remain so poor. We are currently waiting in Terminal F with music so loud that we cannot hear gate announcements sitting at our gate. Celebrating Black History Month is wonderful and appropriate. Celebrating with music so loud that jet-lagged passengers get no reprieve and customers have to yell and can’t hear gate announcements is so bizarrely inappropriate. I cannot believe this is allowed and I hope to never return to this airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Very unhelpful and rude"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We arrived from from New Zealand at 6am on 13/01/2020 and needed to catch a connecting flight to New Orleans at 9.30am. At the time we thought this would be ample time to get through customs, pick up our bags and then recheck them in for the domestic flight and go through security again. There were three lines one for US citizens, one that said global and one that said all other passengers. We asked a staff member, which line we should get into, global or other passengers and his response was 'I can't help you.' Very unhelpful and rude. It took nearly 2 and a half hours to get through customs and we had nothing to declare. I would estimate there were about 1000 people needing to get processed and about 5 officials on duty. I felt most for the families with young children as there didn't appear to be any sympathy from the staff and everyone had to wait their turn. Some of these children had been on our flight, which was over 11 hours long. Any request such as changing a babies nappy was met with an annoyed response from staff. There were multiple people who missed flights and as expected were very distressed. When we finally got our turn we asked the guy who processed us, if it was always like this and he said it was worse in summer! If our flight hadn't been delayed 45 minutes, we would have missed it too. They really needed to have more staff on processing people.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"incredibly inefficient immigration"

Not Verified | Horrible wait time during immigration after landing into San Francisco from an international flight. Expect 2.5-3.5 hours wait time in line before you pass immigration to get your baggage There were very little staff on duty and the wait/lines were very poorly managed. This is comical for international tourists whose first experiences arriving into Silicon Valley is backward customer service and incredibly inefficient immigration.
Date VisitJanuary 2020