San Diego Airport

"What a pleasant experience"

Not Verified | What a pleasant experience. Facility is so bright and clean. Lots of food and shop variety. People are so welcoming and helpful. Small airport with giant positive impressions.
Date VisitApril 2022

"it was cramped, slow and no place to sit"

Trip Verified | Where to begin. Terminals carrier signs were wrong. Jetblue was not at terminal 2. TSA had only one line open and it was cramped, slow and no place to sit for more than one person at a time. Departures upstairs, loved carrying my bags upstairs. Bathrooms (men's) - small stalls with no room for bags, no hooks to hang anything, as I believe CA is in a drought I found it shameful that the automatic flush valve went off no fewer than six times while I was in there. You do know that the sensors are adjustable? Gate Seating - I was leaving from gate 12 and there was seating for about half (or less) of the passengers waiting to board. Food Availability - 1 restaurant with only 3 or 4 options for lunch at the gate area. I think the people who operate this airport should stop by Salt Lake City International for an idea of how an airport should look and operate. Just a suggestion.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Dirty, hell hole, trash everywhere"

Trip Verified | Great flight into San Diego, had 4 hour lay over in Southwest Terminal 1. Dirty, hell hole, trash everywhere, garbage cans over flowing, dirtiest terminal I have ever been in, one place for food. One bathroom, smelled horrible half toilets covered with black bags, could not use, paper towels were gone or dispenser broke.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"TSA was absolutely horrendous"

Trip Verified | TSA was absolutely horrendous, I’ve never experienced such condescending attitudes towards people. I get you hate your job but do not take it out on others.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Terrible customer service!"

Trip Verified | We returned our rental car at the rental car facility located inconveniently a good distance from the airport. Then you have to take a shuttle bus to the airport with a driver that hates her job and the patrons she is supposed to be serving. Once we were on the bus another couple were running to try to catch the bus! I told the driver before she pulled away but she gave it the accelerator and said, 'Let them catch the next bus!' We had plenty of room and they were obviously in a hurry trying to catch the bus. She didn’t care! I will say the driver that picked us up was very friendly and helpful. We had a 6.15 am flight so we got to rental car return at 4.05 am. The driver dropped us all off at baggage claim! Are you kidding me! Baggage claim for people leaving the rental car station and going to the airport don’t want to go to baggage claim! Who is the genius that came up with this plan? Not anyone who cares about airport patrons! The driver gives no directions about which way to go to ticketing and there are zero signs! I turn to ask the driver for assistance and she takes off! We take the stairs closest to us. When we get to the top they tell us to go back down the stairs and go right to the next stairway! We are elderly and I am disabled from injuries while serving in the military so this was not easy for us! Why can’t you drop departing passengers off at the departure gates! Why can’t you put up signage directing passengers where to go? Why can’t your drivers help passengers with directions? Terrible customer service!
Date VisitOctober 2021

"There are no places to eat"

Not Verified | There are no places to eat. Food staff at Qdoba were rude and closed in front of me. The airport is pretty full and they need the revenue I bet. People are wandering around to find food. Sad. Let’s get back open. Staff issues are old excuses. TSA precheck was slow and I was only one there. 6 people doing nothing but talking. They had to rescreen my bag twice as they were not able to use the new equipment. Sad.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"he made my day which says a lot"

Trip Verified | The bartender at the bar close to gate 26 was the best. I travel a lot and he made my day which says a lot. Super nice, personal, and went above and beyond to make stop/layover a good one. Most people never get reviews so I wanted to make sure he got some credit for being a good human and employee. Thank you!
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"Ridiculously crowded"

Not Verified | Hated this airport. I will avoid Southwest connections at this airport in the future. Had to go through security again after landing to get to my connecting flight. Ridiculously crowded, minimal seating, ancient-looking, gloomy, low-ceilinged dinosaur of a terminal. This terminal (Southwest gates 3-20) and any others like it should be torn down and replaced.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"This is a total joke"

Not Verified | Connecting flight had to go through entire security screening process again. This is a total joke, if the airport is going to expand Gates then they need to do a better job to about this as it is a waste of money and frustrates travelers.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"no sign showing the way"

Not Verified | We had an early morning flight on Alaska Airlines, leaving San Diego at 6:45 a.m. When we got off the bus from the Car Rental Center and entered Terminal Two, there was no sign showing the way to the Alaska counter. We had no idea which way to go, and there was no one to ask. We went left, up the escalator, and ended up at the Delta counter. Alaska, it turned out, was at the opposite end of the terminal. We are senior citizens, with luggage, and we had to reverse course and go all the way back to the other end. Is there some reason why the airport can't put signs at the entrance, pointing the way to the various airline counters?
Date VisitDecember 2019