Salt Lake City Airport

"Baggage wait time horrible"

Not Verified | Beautiful airport. Baggage claim wait time horrible. The wait times are just unreasonable. The airport wasn’t even that busy on my arrival date.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Too bad the airport doesn't function"

Not Verified | Brand new airports with an attractive modern theme. The restaurant selections are quite nice. Too bad the airport doesn't function. It's worse than Newark by a long shot. I have never received a bag in less than 30 min. Generally takes 45 min from plane door opening - even with priority status, 1+ hr wait lines to just drop off bags are common - there is only one cross between the terminals. A 15-20 min walk between security/baggage claim and your gate is common - the security tried to be modern and efficient. As a result it's a horrible system with automated trays that takes 2x longer than the normal security setup. Machines can't image 20% of bags through security and have to re scan
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"I really would take the train instead"

Not Verified | This "new and improved" airport feels like a joint architectural design venture created by M. C. Escher and Hieronymus Bosch. If the Amtrak still ran between SLC and where I need to go, I really would take the train instead of having to go through this airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"the worst airport anywhere"

Trip Verified | This is without any qualification the worst airport anywhere. The Delta terminal, A, is accessible from security. If you happen to fly any other airline (Southwest, United) the friendly fiends who designed the airport force you to walk at least a full mile to reach the other terminal. The cruelest joke is that even some of Delta's gates require this death march. What a shame this really is. The airport this fiasco replaced was actually one of the best airports anywhere.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"such a poorly designed facility"

Trip Verified | Worst airport layout we’ve experienced in 35 years of traveling around the world! It was nearly a mile walk from Gate B19 to baggage claim and rental cars. They built a brand new airport and had a fresh slate to work from, but the architects and engineers absolutely dropped the ball, in my humble opinion! We will avoid this airport at all costs in the future. We saw so many elderly people resting against the wall during the ultra-long walk to/from the gate. We had our cold weather gear on and we’re sweating by the time we got to baggage claim! It’s extremely sad that so many millions of dollars were wasted on such a poorly designed facility!
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"not elderly friendly at all"

Not Verified | I am elderly and when leaving discovered the long walk to gates. Upon arrival home I was told there are no carts to help to the baggage claim and a wheelchair is the only option. Wheelchair would be at least a 15 minute wait. I decided to go it on my own. The people movers are length ways apart, this surplus not elderly friendly at all. No trains, inadequate people movers and no carts to assist people. If I did not live in SLC would avoid this airport all the time!

"avoid this airport"

Not Verified | This clearly is an airport catered to Delta airlines only and every other airlines is given 2nd or 3 priority starting with the placement of the gates and the waiting on the run ways. Terminal B for anyone with a disability is over a one mile walk, require the use of an elevator and wheel chair assistance. On the return flight my son and I had to wheel my parents from check in to terminal B-they were disorganized and understaffed. We told them we were all TSA pre checked but they sent us to the wheelchair lane where we received no priority-had to remove shoes and electronics and coats. Not easy for two 87 year olds in a wheel chair. They separated us through security so my parents had to wait for my son and I to go to the back of the line instead of keeping us all together. For a State who knows how to manage its budget, this new airport represents a lack of thoughtfulness, organization and efficiency. Will find another way to get here and to avoid this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"This place is horrendous"

Trip Verified | Last night was my third “delay” at SLC this year. This place is horrendous. Having spent two nights in hotels at SLC this year because of flight delays last night was the final straw. Flying from SLC to HLN arrived SLC from ATL. Delta 3784. B Gate Sit at gate, walk down a long ramp to a bus which has 22 people on it. Board plane. After 40 mins informed heat sensor problem. I know this is a Delta problem but bear with me. After further delay informed we will sit on the plane for another hour as it “takes too long to go back to the gate.” After the hour is up informed problem cannot be fixed. Same bus back to the airport (don’t we have COVID!) wait in the airport another hour and told get back on the bus (same scenario) Board plane. Asked the flight attendant politely why they did not bring the plane to a gate and was told “if you don’t like it you can get off this plane. So much for DELTA respecting Diamond Medallion First Class passengers. Finally depart. DELTA needs to stop sending all flights from HLN to SLC. SLC cannot handle the traffic. Everyone is stressed out.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Somebody missed the mark!"

Trip Verified | Worst experience for anyone with health challenges or tight connections. The walk is daunting for some. The food options are small for the amount of travelers. Somebody missed the mark!
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Security screening is a mess"

Not Verified | Security screening is a mess. It took 30 minutes to get to my gate. Once I got to the gate I had to get on a bus that takes you to the plane. The restaurants are too small and there isn't many of them. People in long lines waiting to be seated at most of the restaurants. It is pretty to look at, but was designed horribly for passengers.