Salt Lake City Airport

"new SLC airport is a disaster"

Not Verified | The new SLC airport is a disaster. Everything about it is awful - they’ve crammed all arrivals and departures through a single limited space - so drop off and pick up is a mess. The have 2 concourses connected by an underground corridor which you have to walk - assume an extra half hour. They demolished the old terminals and don’t have enough gates - so planes park on the tarmac and they bus you to the farthest possible point from baggage claim. I’ve been to third-world countries with better airports. And the thing is it’s brand new - spent $1b - who are the nitwits who thought of this? I’d recommend skipping SLC and vacation elsewhere until they slap some fixes on this - a real solution is years away.
Date VisitMay 2021

"The new airport is a design disaster"

Not Verified | The new airport is a design disaster. We arrived by taxi about 1.5 hours before the departure time. The first oddity is that you enter on level 1, go to level 3 to drop off baggage and get boarding passes, then go down to level 2 to access the gates. A bit strange, but not a deal breaker. On level 2 there is a single TSA check point. The line had to be at least a 1/4 mile long. We had first class tickets, but did not see the priority boarding entry until we were nearly thru the general boarding line. We had the misfortune of departing from Terminal B. It took us at least 1/2 hour to walk there. I do not think we ever had a longer walk to a departure gate.
Date VisitMay 2021

"The construction is very inconvenient"

Trip Verified | The construction is very inconvenient, unloaded plane into a bus onto a long hot ramp. Delivered into the wrong gate, long walk to the correct gate. Walked up to the desk, clearly marked for my destination and started to ask a question. I was rudely informed that she wasn't servicing our flight yet (it was in an hour). Then asked if it was a full flight to which they replied that it was a relative term, what did I want! You know when people are being inconvenienced anyway, would it be so difficult not to act like a jerk on top of it? Is this a Salt Lake City thing? The Delta staff in Tucson were lovely.

"Very poor design"

Trip Verified | I’m a frequent traveler and SLC is one of the worst airport in the United States.. The entrance is very confusing and distance between terminal is ridiculous. Very poor design.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Horrible is the best way to describe it"

Not Verified | I didn't want to believe what I was hearing about the long hike through the airport from my dad who flies all the time. He doesn't want to fly anymore because of it and now after the other day when I flew out and back in on the same day, I see why. Horrible is the best way to describe it. I am glad it was just me flying and not my child. I thought the long walk was done after the security point but man was I wrong. It then starts a long walk down a hall, then down an escalator, then down a long hall, then up an escalator, then down a long hall till it breaks up into 2 halls to gates. So ridiculous. I am seriously considering never using SLC airport again. I would rather drive 12 hours to my destination then walk that ever again. Just getting to baggage claim is a nightmare and then figuring out how to get outside to get picked up, a whole new nightmare. I don't mind walking, even though medically it is hard for me right now and I did it but that was the most ridiculous thing ever. I left mad.
Date VisitMay 2021

"SLC Airport Authority should be ashamed"

Not Verified | SLC Airport Authority should be ashamed. What a terrible design. Seems similar in footprint to ATL but no tram option? How could you miss that? Insanely long walks. Minimal seating for seniors to rest. Weak/unmanageable WiFi. Very poor restaurant selection; why no food court? Seriously you blew this one, and someone needs to be held accountable, but probably won’t be.
Date VisitMay 2021

"large, spacious and clean, but not designed that well"

Not Verified | The airport is large, spacious and clean, but not designed that well. A lot of wasted space that requires a lot of unnecessary walking. The TSA priority lines are a joke. They have some agents sitting at their stations with no one to screen while other lines are overcrowded. Will not be coming through SLC airport in the future.
Date VisitMay 2021

"The new SLC airport fails at all of these"

Not Verified | How to gauge if an airport is a good airport? Average walk time to a gate from the entry? Average walk time from gate to gate? Food options? Average distance of food/drinks from a gate? The new SLC airport fails at all of these. I've listened and talked to airline personnel, strangers, and friends about how painful it is to walk such long distances and the limited food/drink options. I read a Deseret article where they talk about it a "cathedral to transportation". I think that might be the problem, they thought they were building a church not an airport people need to use.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Laughable that anyone thought this was a good design"

Not Verified | Worst renovation ever and will only get worse as more people travel. TSA struggled when few people there with new equipment. Can hardly imagine a busy day. The ingress and egress into the airport will lead to multiple accidents and already unsafe conditions driving into the airport. Laughable that anyone thought this was a good design.
Date VisitApril 2021

"should be fired over this airport design"

Trip Verified | Someone should be fired over this airport design. It is not reasonable to expect the average person to walk this distance dragging a 30 pound suitcase. If you don’t need to fly into SLC, don’t.
Date VisitApril 2021