Riga Airport

"a disappointing experience"

Not Verified | Good check-in and boarding, excellent lounge, but a disappointing experience with an unfriendly and ignorant worker at the security check. There were only a few passengers at the airport, no queue at the check-in counter. The lounge was impeccable, with a friendly staff, a very good choice of snacks, drinks and reading material. The only negative moment was in the priority security line, despite that there were no passengers in the line, right after 8 am. The worker who checked my passport and boarding pass sternly told me that next time she would not allow me to use the priority security line if I don't present my Silver Finnair Plus card (?!) The “Priority Security” note was boldly printed in a big font on my boarding pass which she was holding in her hand, so I'm afraid to think she could not read English. RIX, in general, is a good airport but the management has to teach priority security line workers to read and understand at least two words in English: “Priority Security”.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"security control is also really slow"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Never been to another airport where the staff won't empty your reusable bottle for you (nor let you empty it yourself on the spot, you have to go to the bathroom facilities with all your hand luggage). I poured it into the trash container and they told me off and threatened to call the police next time. The security control is also really slow although there wasn't any queue. The containers are provided individually by the staff, so you can't lay out your stuff while they're checking another passenger. I can't say I don't recommend the airport - but you have to be prepared for how the security control is handled.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"a very nice experience"

Trip Verified | Ryanair staff at baggage check were very friendly and helpful. After some confusion at security they took control and ironed everything out for me. Thanks guys! Made for a very nice experience.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"disgusted with the airport worker's attitude"

Trip Verified | This morning 15/12/19 we arrived at Riga airpot, one of the staff members who was standing at the aircraft and guiding passengers to the airport was extremely rude. I asked her if there was a lift available for going up with the pram, she said no. Then I asked: "How the lady with a young child and a baby who is only few month old in the pram is supposed to get up the stairs with the pram?" Her answer was: "The same as without the pram". I felt very sorry for the young mother as she was frustrated and nervous. Of course I helped her to lift the pram and somehow we got upstairs. I was disgusted with the airport worker's attitude. (I am sorry that I didn't get her name). In my opinion airpot staff should be polite instead of harsh and abrupt.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"below any levels of what is expected"

(Spain)

Not Verified | The airport is small but the wait time for luggage is much below any levels of what is expected. The administration must attend to this issue. It makes the airport gain a bad reputation.
Date VisitNovember 2019

" comfortable places to sit"

Trip Verified | A nice small airport I'd have to say. The signs point you to the quickest possible route. Queuing times were quite quick. There are comfortable places to sit. The staff are able to speak Latvian, Russian and English. The wifi was not great. The signal was poor, slow and cuts off every other minute.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"staff are not well organized"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Rude and unprofessional staff, stuck in the line to the security control for 1.5 hours. The checking in and queuing times are far too long, a mess when boarding the plane. The staff are not well organized.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"never been treated this poorly"

Not Verified | I've been visiting this airport multiple times a year and never had any particular problems, however this time ruined any previous experiences. As we were passing security we put a basically new suitcase on to the x-ray machine and walked through. My girlfriend does not speak Latvian so she called me over and showed me the same suitcase. The handle was ripped to shreds. As I approached one of the employees and asked if he could explain what might have happened he waived me off and said he didn't serve my girlfriend and to get someone else. As we waited it was clear that the employee who did serve her was just ignoring us and hoping we'd leave. After a while he came over and I politely asked what might have happened. The employee was extremely rude and started saying how we have put in a broken bag and are wasting his time. I was speechless.. After this experience we instantly wrote a complaint however no one cared to reply. We have never been treated this poorly in any other airport around the world.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the staff seemed happy and were pleasant"

Not Verified | The arrival was completely painless and quick, OK we had no hold baggage so there was no wait for the bags. But I did notice has we walked though the baggage reclaim that the bags were arriving. We flew in from the UK which meant we arrived into the newer of the terminals. This was a slight walk to the border control area but it was well signed and there were plenty of staff to guide you. At the border control all desks were manned and it was quick from landing to leaving the airport was 15 minutes, and in fact we were on the bus into the city 20 minutes after landing. Departure, again was painless and quick from arrival from the city to getting to the gate area again in the newer terminal 20 minutes with no wait in security, but been a seasoned traveller it helps if you are ready. When I say ready I mean laptop out, watch off, belt off etc., even the staff seemed happy and were pleasant when reminding people. Once though the security you have a walk though the duty free shops but the area has been well designed and the walk way does not run the gauntlet of the hard sales push. There are plenty of places tto eat both before security and after. The Gate control was well managed and we did have a gate change which was flawless managed by the staff. The broading as well controlled and painless.
Date VisitJune 2019

"The service is awful"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | The service is awful, our flight was delayed a couple times for 30 min then it was totally cancelled. We were told to go to the ticket desk for a refund or to rebook our flights. I was standing in a queue for 7 hours, it was so unprofessional, there were no barriers for proper queues, people were just going through. Airport services did not even offer tea, coffee or water. It was the worst airport service I have ever had. No one gave any information as to what was going on. Did not get any compensation or anything from Ryanair.
Date VisitJanuary 2019