Raleigh-Durham Airport

"poorly run arrival area looks like a COVID hotspot"

Not Verified | The Terminal 2/AA/Delta etc arrival area, where most airlines come in, is the most poorly run pick up area I have ever been to. Twice this summer I had to experience the gridlock of cars attempting to pick up people at this terminal. There is no way to pull over to pick up people, even when they are right there waiting out front. The security officers yell at you to keep driving around, adding to traffic issues and do not give you a chance to pull over. My 80-year-old mother was stepping across several lanes of traffic to try and reach me and the security officer was yelling at both of us. I had already circled around 3 times! The poorly run arrival area looks like a COVID hotspot. If they would let you pick up passengers, there would be fewer problems. They should redirect rental car buses to another location or spread arrivals out so there are fewer people trying to be picked up at the same time. The security officers should get off of their Segways and try being helpful instead of yelling at elderly people and those picking them up.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no free internet available"

Trip Verified | Remarkable that they speak several languages over the loud speaker but have no free internet available. A disgrace to the travel industry. I will rethink coming through RDU ever again.
Date VisitMay 2021

"give yourself far more time than you think you’ll need"

Not Verified | The airport staff, especially American, appears to be inept. You’d think in a small regional airport that you’d get through it more quickly than a major international one. If you thought that like me, you’re gravely mistaken. RDU is the worst-functioning, most difficult-to-manage airport I have been to! Be prepared to wait, and give yourself far more time than you think you’ll need.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"a negative experience"

Not Verified | TSA employees in Terminal 1 were rude and totally unnecessarily aggressive in screening/searching people. Worst I've seen. We were surprised as we never had such treatment in Terminal 2 which we normally use. Found Terminal 1 to be like a bus station. Insufficient restaurants, limited seating. Overall a negative experience.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"TSA agents couldn’t have been more unprofessional"

Not Verified | I was traveling from RDU back home to Pittsburgh with my son and daughter. We had an 8.15 am flight so we arrived at RDU by 6.30 am to give us plenty of time check our luggage and pass through security. The TSA agents couldn’t have been more unprofessional and down right rude. There was no explanation of what to do they just started yelling at my son and daughter to walk in a line and telling them they were “moving to slow” and “walk at a normal pace”. My son has ADD so when no instruction is given I’m not sure how he would no what to do, especially being 9 years old and never flying before.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"My wife, son and I missed our flight"

Not Verified | The TSA need to either hire more employees or find a faster way to get people through to their flights. My wife, son and I missed our flight because of the TSA line being wrapped all the way around the building. We would have made it had they done a better job moving people through with flight times leaving soon!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"hour wait for security"

Not Verified | Leaving Raleigh-Durham airport in the morning is a nightmare! I have never seen anything like this. An hour wait for security alone. The situation is a disgrace to the Triangle area. If Atlanta, Chicago and other massive airports can accommodate a morning crowd without a wait like this, RDU should be able to. Get your act together!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"TSA person scolded me"

Not Verified | TSA person, I felt scolded me for wearing the type of personal undergarments I was wearing. She very harshly pointed to areas that had to be verified safe. As a fuller upper body, I am accustomed to being patted down due to being of ample upper body and whatever but this time, the TSA person, in my opinion went to far. I told her I had on spandx and she said “that’s just not spanx, you have something else”. I was absolutely flabbergasted. So, after being patted down to a degree of humiliation, she said” you can go.” There were all male TSA and male employees around. I know all this is for security. It’s not pleasant but I do understand. However, some things are just common sense. All other agents that day were professional and kind. Where as I would have rated this experience a 10, the TSA episode bumped the rating to 5.
Date VisitApril 2019

"had a terrible experience"

Not Verified | I had a terrible experience at the Raleigh airport TSA check in. The check-in people were extremely rude. I am pregnant traveling alone carrying my luggage and they made me go back to the end of the line for a small amount of water in my water bottle. The supervisor and check in staff were extremely rude and harsh. I ultimately had to throw away my water bottle since I was pressed for time.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"wait an hour for a gate"

Unverified | I am normally quite happy with Raleigh-Durham but we just arrived back from vacation this evening and the airport made us wait for an hour until a plane could leave our predetermined gate. I have been at other airports that will just reassign the plane to another gate so that passengers can continue on with their journeys without the inconvenience of the delay. I found this extremely disappointing since I expected RDU to have a better customer satisfaction operation. I blame airport operations for this blunder and feel this could be addressed as an improvement opportunity.
Date VisitSeptember 2017