Prague Airport

"not very modern and a bit chaotic"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Looks like their airport is just as bad and unreliable as their national airline. Small, not very modern and a bit chaotic. The low point was when the vending machine took credit card payment twice without giving me anything. It used to be much better, but that’s the level now. Definitely last time here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"This is the worst airport"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport. After my flight was cancelled and I was booked on a different flight, I had 5 hours. I thought I had plenty of time: how wrong was I. First my check in took 2 hours even though I was fifth in line. I thought it was the worst part and again I was wrong. I went to passport control. In US airports officer calls the whole family, glances one time at all people and then stamps passports. In Prague they call one person at a time and then these idiots look at you , then to the side, then at you and then to the side again. It takes them 5 min per person on average. And finally security check which occurs at the gate , not for all gates at once. And once you pass through the security check you don't have access to restrooms anymore and if you go to the restroom you need to go again through security check.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is clean and comfortable"

Not Verified | It's a beautiful airport. Staff are very polite. The Internet is very fast. A quick transfer. Comfortable seating. The airport is clean and comfortable. Duty free zone is not the most expensive. I recommend this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Never so bad as last 3 months"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Never so bad as last 3 months. Yesterday I was with other passengers in terminal 1 waiting for passport control 1 for 115 minutes - yes almost 2 hours. 2 people needed to be rescued because there was no water, not enough seats, only overpriced shops and no staff. During the last 3 months I was sometimes waiting about 1 hour for passport control after landing, sometimes bit more, what was not unusual during the summer but to wait nearly 2 hours is too much. After a 2 hour flight, it would be nice to leave the airport faster, not after 2 more hours. The passengers are not only numbers to statistics but human beings. Prague airport was in the past much, much better. It was always a pleasure to use it, but last few years - I have to say, I really don't recommend it. It seems that the same bad quality is served not only by the airport management thru the staff but also by police management which doesn't care about any customer service. Wake up!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"terrible experience"

Not Verified | I'm traveling direct to Philadelphia and before even checking in every passenger was interviewed. The line of questioning was inappropriate, violated my personal privacy, had nothing to do with my business trip, and dragged out the check in. Then for anyone without an EU passport there was a very long wait period (40 minutes) for manual border security. Next you enter the terminal without an actual security check (makes no sense as the airport is not secure) and later there is a security check at the gate itself. Overall terrible experience!

"this was the worst"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Last minute gate changes, staff had poor command of English, felt like a bus station, #notcentraleurope. Of the tens of airports I've used this was the worst.
Date VisitJune 2019

"spoilt a good trip to a beautiful city"

Trip Verified | Ridiculous 35+ minutes standing on a bus waiting to be taken to the plane. Bus was filled within 10 minutes of the gate opening, but we were forced to wait for over half an hour without explanation. Waiting area in the B10 to B18 section of Terminal 1 had no shops or places to get food or drink - just one small vending machine in one corner. The experience here has spoilt a good trip to a beautiful city.

"staff is very nice"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | It's a very nice airport. The staff is very nice. I flew to Dubai, the plane went on time. Check-in was faster than at other airports, although it was 3 hours.

"unmemorable airport"

Trip Verified | Bad airport; 1- rude service, 2- inefficient processes, 3- outrageous baggage costs, 4- uninterested staff. After a great business trip to Prague with nothing but great things, I was surprised that though so modernized, Prague Airport had the worst to offer. Lucky I got in with plenty of time as the process for any extra bag means even after lining up at check-in, you have to go to a separate desk where they have a call center to place 20 minute calls and talk about your situation. You pay at least twice the average fee for the second bag even for a 1 hour flight within Europe. Then with short dismissive instruction you queue up again at check-in. I waited my turn and was bounced across to original service lady being even more dismissive. Finally getting the second bag tag I then was told “bye”, which after clarification meant I needed to go to the oversize counter, even though it was a regular plastic case. At this point I have lined up three times and attended four different counters across three corners of the departures floor. After all this and in my rush to the gate, I came across a pair of boarding passes dropped on the ground. I collected the tickets and provided them to the nearest service desk. Unbelievably I was told to take them to the information desk. I clarified I was in a rush but wanted to help. The response stood. I took them and felt good to maybe have serviced a fellow passenger because none of the service ladies or management seem to want to, at this unmemorable airport
Date VisitMay 2019

"staff are attentive"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Nice airport, staff are attentive and communicate very well in english. A bit slow when it comes to lines but is understandable by the amount of people. Migration staff just fine.
Date VisitJuly 2018