Porto Airport

"terrible experience both times"

Not Verified | I used Porto Airport to transit between 2 Easyjet flights between France and Madeira island. They advertise this airport as "self connecting friendly airport". Understand, that if you need like me to connect between 2 low cost flights and get your luggage there and re-register for the connecting flight, they make things easier. Well, it was a fail. Both for going and return. Each time we had 2 hours to get our luggage, register it at the counter, pass security again, and go to the gate. We thought we had time to have lunch there but we were wrong. It's a base for Easyjet in Portugal, but they have only 4 counters or so for registering for all their flights. The line is terribly long and just had time to catch our ongoing flight. For return, it was way worse. The registering counter had experienced a brownout. Well, it can happen. But: no information from the airport staff for 1 hour and a half, no assistance to go through security in express, you're just on your own to catch your plane. Of course, no time to have lunch one again. Well, terrible experience both times. Otherwise, it's clean and modern. Not too much waiting time for the luggage. Embarking / disembarking is without bridge and messy.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"It was all a real mess"

Trip Verified | What a mess. Personnel were super slow and inefficient, there was not enough security which made it even worse. I almost lost my flight even arriving 2 hours before departing times because they couldn’t manage to take the situation under control. To get to the security check the line was literally arriving outside the airport, without control or anything. It was all a real mess and the personnel weren’t even friendly considering the stress that we were experiencing.
Date VisitJune 2021

"one of the best in Europe"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The airport is modern, clean and organized, comfortable and usually without too many people. For me, one of the best in Europe. Porto, Portugal
Date VisitDecember 2019

"poorly-equipped regional airport"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I almost missed my outbound flight because of a problem on their system not recognizing my passport/boarding pass. I was absolutely shocked when I was told: "we are only used to dealing with Portuguese/Brazilian passports" (and I am quoting!). I do not recommend for international flights or transit. A poorly-equipped regional airport at the very best.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Worst airport food in Europe"

Not Verified | Worst airport food in Europe and over priced. Passport electronic control (departure) doesn’t recognise the ‘card’ version of the Irish passport. The building is impressive, plenty of seating and friendly staff to answer queries. The airport Metro system is superb with helpers to explain the ticketing options. Apart from the food gripe, this airport is way ahead of Lisbon.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"thank you to the travel assistance team"

Not Verified | A special thank you to the travel assistance team. They were so helpful, cheerful and informative. Without them we would not be able to travel. Our very, very grateful thanks. Our 'carers' did everything for us. Amazing service.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"a below average experience"

Trip Verified | We had been told good things about Porto airport but it did not live up to expectations. The signage is poor, both inside the airport buildings and out - this is the only international airport I have seen that does not signpost car rental returns. On the return journey we had to be there very early and only one cafe was open - Cafe Central, I think it was called. The coffee was good but service slow and unfriendly, even though one of our party spoke Portuguese. We avoided a very long queue for check-in because we had easy Jet speedy boarding passes but the passage through security involved an unavoidable long, snaking queue. Our flight was delayed, not the fault of the airport but there was no announcement until one hour into the delay and we only found out what was happening by talking to an easy Jet crew member. All in all a below average experience.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Extremely long queues"

Not Verified | Terrible. Extremely long queues, unprofessional airport personnel who are sending people around and this creates bigger crowds and longer lines. WC’s dirty, the Internet doesn’t work properly. Why do I have to run through the terminal, searching for my gate, like a slave, if I arrived 2.15 hours before the departure?!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"one of my favourite airports"

(Spain)

Not Verified | What an amazing airport to fly to. It’s so organised and relaxed. You feel a certain peace that you can’t feel in any other airport. The airport is very clean and it’s almost impossible for you to get lost around. Just love it, defenetly one of my favourite airports.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"long times for security checks"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The airport is well located and decently serve by roads, metro and busses. Getting bags is fairly fast and in moving and getting around the airport is pretty easy. Staff is friendly and efficient and the airport is pretty clean, with decent amount of shops and places to eat (not many but enough). They provide you with transparent zipper bags to store your in cabin liquids, if you forgot to bring one to security. The security check zone was recently expanded but it immediately feels like outdated due the increase in passengers. Be prepared for long times for security checks.
Date VisitMarch 2018