Porto Airport

"a below average experience"

Trip Verified | We had been told good things about Porto airport but it did not live up to expectations. The signage is poor, both inside the airport buildings and out - this is the only international airport I have seen that does not signpost car rental returns. On the return journey we had to be there very early and only one cafe was open - Cafe Central, I think it was called. The coffee was good but service slow and unfriendly, even though one of our party spoke Portuguese. We avoided a very long queue for check-in because we had easy Jet speedy boarding passes but the passage through security involved an unavoidable long, snaking queue. Our flight was delayed, not the fault of the airport but there was no announcement until one hour into the delay and we only found out what was happening by talking to an easy Jet crew member. All in all a below average experience.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Extremely long queues"

Not Verified | Terrible. Extremely long queues, unprofessional airport personnel who are sending people around and this creates bigger crowds and longer lines. WC’s dirty, the Internet doesn’t work properly. Why do I have to run through the terminal, searching for my gate, like a slave, if I arrived 2.15 hours before the departure?!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"one of my favourite airports"

(Spain)

Not Verified | What an amazing airport to fly to. It’s so organised and relaxed. You feel a certain peace that you can’t feel in any other airport. The airport is very clean and it’s almost impossible for you to get lost around. Just love it, defenetly one of my favourite airports.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"long times for security checks"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The airport is well located and decently serve by roads, metro and busses. Getting bags is fairly fast and in moving and getting around the airport is pretty easy. Staff is friendly and efficient and the airport is pretty clean, with decent amount of shops and places to eat (not many but enough). They provide you with transparent zipper bags to store your in cabin liquids, if you forgot to bring one to security. The security check zone was recently expanded but it immediately feels like outdated due the increase in passengers. Be prepared for long times for security checks.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"very clean and decently organized"

Trip Verified | The airport is fairly easy to get to either by car, metro or bus and it is easy to park there. It is a medium size airport, very clean and decently organized, with not many but sufficient places to eat or to shop to keep you busy. Staff are very friendly and efficient and the airport is very clean indeed. Security is a shame, they are nice, they work fast and airport even provides see through clear zip locking bags for your liquids if you forget to bring your own and they did expand the security check area to handle more passengers but the number of passengers has expanded so dramatically that the lines are huge! Be prepared for long queueing times. Most of the gates are simple to get to but they are not ordered from 1 to 34, be careful.
Date VisitApril 2018

"recommend this airport"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | My experience with Porto Airport was very positive. Terminal signs were very clear an easy to understand. The queuing times were very short and fast. The lounges were clean and the seats comfortable. The Duty Free ("The Store Arrivals") was convenient. The airport Staff was kind and helpful. Wi-Fi was fast and free. I would absolutely recommend this airport .
Date VisitDecember 2017

"terminal signs were very clear"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | My experience with Porto Airport was very positive: the terminal signs were very clear and easy to understand. The queuing times were very short and fast. The lounges were very clean and the seats comfortable. The Duty Free ("The Store Arrivals") was very convenient. The airport Staff were very kind and helpful. Wi-Fi was fast and free. I would absolutely reccomend this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"be prepared to wait for a coffee"

Trip Verified | Nice airport, not too many hassles, but be prepared to wait for a coffee! Something I found extremely stressful and irritating is the waiters selling you coffee and cakes. You must queue respecting an (invisible) line, you must be supposed to know where this line starts, especially when there is no person waiting other than you. This happened to me, nobody else in the queue and the staff member asked me to stand in the queue or else he would not give me coffee or start any discussion with me. A message for the airport authority: if you want to keep your customers, ensure it is clear where to queue, build a metal bar or something and hire smarter people.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"experience was a good one"

Not Verified | My husband became poorly while we were holidaying on The River Douro which required me to ask for a wheelchair at the easyJet Check in desk. I have to say the experience was a good one and I must compliment the My Way services and easyJet staff. After requesting a wheelchair the easyJet checking assistant also arranged for us to be met at Bristol. We were asked to wait until a wheelchair became available and it arrived in time for flight with an attendant, who took us through Security, passport control and to the gate where we were left until an ambulance picked my husband up to take him to the flight, he met me on the aeroplane. We were met at Bristol taken through passport control and baggage reclaim then to the car park where we were met by our transport home. All staff were courteous and friendly at all times. A Big Well done and Thank you
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Add an extra hour to get to your flight"

Unverified | Add an extra hour to get to your flight. There are very few desks, the lines are the longest I have seen in years to Check In (also there are only about four electronic Bag Drop machines belonging to TAP and one other) where it seemed airlines only open two desks. I waited in line for 30 minutes. Then you wait in one extremely long line to go through security. That was another 30 minutes - the airport has an extensive building programme which explains some of this. I don't usually fly Easyjet for all the usual obvious reasons. I particularly recommend that you don't fly them out of Porto. The airport is clean and well kept with a sensible drop-off area which is free for 10 or 15 minutes.
Date VisitNovember 2017