Portland Airport

"I hate this airport"

Not Verified | 40 minutes to get through security. 25 in line and then the worst was the arrogant attitude of all TSA when my bag was pulled to be checked - it sat there for 5 minutes. 4 workers stood right there within 3 feet of it talking to each other. After 5 minutes another woman walked nearby and I went to her and said my bag has been there 5 minutes - she had an arrogant attitude as well and said with an annoyed tone - someone will get to it. I waited another 3 minutes - 2 of the 4 talking walked the other direction and 2 still talked a minute or more - I tried to get their attention but was ignored. I saw another man standing around and told him my bag had been there almost 10 minutes - same attitude - “someone will get to it”. With an attitude a minute later a still waiting - I saw a woman who I complained to and she said same thing with an attitude. Meanwhile a TSA man had gone to the next row over and started checking 2 or 3 bags that had come out way after mine - mine was only bag for a full five minutes at least. It took 15 minutes. Rude people that don't care and think they are god because they have so much power over your life and you can’t do anything about it. I hate this airport.
Date VisitMay 2019

"best airport in the US"

Not Verified | Every single time I have flown out of Portland it has been amazing. All of the staff are very nice and kind. I usually fly out of Portland on Alaska Airlines which I also think is the best U.S. carrier. It is relatively small and easy to navigate. Has enough seating for everyone on the flight. I once flew in to LAX and we had 3 hours till our next flight and there was no seating, well there was some, but only enough for about 20 passengers. So overall I think Portland International Airport is the best airport in the United States.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"is now dropping to the unfavored list"

Not Verified | One side of security check was closed, without notice at main entrance. At the D/E security check, my husband and I were told that our TSA passes on our phones 'could have been photo-shopped' so we'd need to proceed through security as usual - unpacking liquids, toiletries, digital devices, removing our shoes and jackets. This was super unusual and uncalled for. What is the point of paying for the additional service and being frequent travelers if there is no recognition of our ability to comply? Portland, once a favored airport, and our former home airport at that, is now dropping to the unfavored list - akin to San Diego - an airport that we avoid.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"so nice and helpful"

Trip Verified | I fly 3x a year through Portland Airport and the TSA agents were so nice and helpful today that I had to give them props. Thanks for a very pleasant experience! Plus, the security lines were very short. Bonus!
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Why do they need to be so rude?"

Not Verified | I have been to this airport many times. It is a very nice, clean and for the most part friendly. But the last few times the TSA has been nothing but rude!We have had one TSA employee shove my son's stuff down the lane making him almost drop his computer and then yell at him because he said "what the hell?" Yes he said hell because it surprised him and he is 22. Then the guy got all upset because he said hell and told me he cursed at him when he didn't. The guy wasn't even wearing a uniform or a badge! He was completely rude to me when I asked why he had to shove his stuff down! Even the people around us where talking about how rude he was to my son so I know it wasn't just us. Then we were just at the airport this last weekend and there was a normal size line for security and it was moving fine. We got past the licence check and this little guy was yelling at people to "Pick a line or I will pick one for you!!" Everyone was moving fine there was an older lady who was a little slow because of her age and she looked so upset by what he said. Why do they feel they need to be so rude?! There was no reason for him say that even if we were all slow!! I sure hope my next trip to PDX will be much better. It's always been a friendly airport so I am hoping that's what it will be next time.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"a smart, caring design"

Verified Review | I am not a world traveller but do have quite a bit of experience over my 60 years. I cannot find a better airport than Portland in terms of access, TSA service, parking, car rental, and restaurants. It is small enough to have that hometown feeling unlike LAX or SFO yet large enough that you will notice the long lines at peak periods. Yet, the TSA seems to be much more responsive and best of all, compassionate in this most painful point of travel. They seem to be able to open new lines, cross cover one another and be cheerful at the same time. Best of PDX is that the provide an area to accommodate families and fiends to greet incoming pax. All other airports just want you to drop off and get out. Here they have stores and restaurants outside of the security where we can meet and greet. I do not recall any other airport like this. Overall, just a smart, caring design that works for me.
Date VisitSeptember 2016

"friendly and courteous"

Verified Review | Portland Airport has got to be one of the best airports in the system, with the sole exception of very long walking distances. Check-in is swift, TSA friendly and courteous, amenities are bountiful and terminal is clean. Food is reasonably priced and close to gates, parking is excellent compared to Chicago's mess. Would highly recommend this airport.
Date VisitApril 2016

"products aren't price inflated"

Portland airport have this policy that ensures all products sold inside the airport aren't price inflated. This makes purchasing souvenirs (especially local craft beers!) easy and affordable to take home. You can rest assured, knowing that you aren't over paying for anything inside the airport. PDX is also really chill (as is the rest of Portland), and the MAX (train) stops right outside, making it an easy trip to and from.
Date VisitSeptember 2015

Portland Airport customer review

I'm a big fan and frequent user of PDX. I can't comment on pax drop-off as I usually take the MAX from downtown- clean cheap easy to manage with roll-aboard luggage. TSA areas show a pre-2001 design with post-9/11 security added where it could be shoe-horned in. TSA Pre is usually quick as long as there aren't too many random selectees who need to be told to keep their shoes on coats on don't take out laptops etc. for some reason this seems worse here than at airports like SJC or SEA. Dining and shopping options are excellent for an airport this size and with this traffic. The airport is apparently changing out a number of mainstream concessionaires for local vendors including several food carts in the terminals. Prices are same in the airport as outside and quality is also generally consistent with outside vendors. The terminals are bright broad and high so there is a consistent feeling of openness. It's a very pleasant airport to be stuck in.

Portland Airport customer review

(South Africa)

Charming airport with great staff. Small but spacious. Easy check in and quick security controls - I was TSA pre-checked so this helped. Good selection of restaurants and plenty of seats at waiting areas. Good views out of airport too.