Phuket Airport

Phuket Airport customer review

We waited for over one and a half hours at immigration whilst staff chatted to each other. It was taking between 3-4 mins for them to check each passport at all of the exits except the end one where if you paid 100 bahts it took 20-30 seconds. It certainly felt like it was deliberate just so you would pay as many people were doing because they were so fed up with standing around.

Phuket Airport customer review

Immigration departure just terrible. Immigration officer rude yelling hand gestures. Very disappointing for an official country rep and considering the good nature of the Thai people. Granted lots of people queuing up and the chaotic line management from security screening to immigration boots does not help but I have never experienced such a disrespectful behavior of an official towards tourists and visitors. Simply unacceptable and reflects badly on the Thai immigration department.

Phuket Airport customer review

Immigration was just terrible. My partner went to the counter and the immigration officer indicated there was something wrong by sitting there using hand gestures to indicate the number 1 and 2. He did not speak a word to either of us and sat there pointing around. When we tried to ask him what was wrong he just flashed 2 fingers at us and refused to say a word. We then figured out after a while that we needed to show him our departure card as well as our arrival card. When I went forward to his desk he asked me 'what do you want?' in clear English. I was so surprised he could speak English after all and secondly what a stupid question. I asked him if he had any spare departure cards and he told me to go away and find mine repeatedly he refused to provide me with any or direct me to a place where I could get one. Luckily we did find our cards when we brought him our departure cards he and his colleague talked and laughed between each other about our confused reactions to his rudeness right in front of us. As we tried to book a minicab to our hotel in the stalls outside the airport the girls behind the counter shouted at us as we decided to go with another company. Our first contact in Phuket and what a warm welcome to Phuket it was.

(Thailand)

The new Phuket airport can't come soon enough with the poor and overcrowded existing facilities. But the biggest issue with the airport is the lack of willingness to tackle the taxis scam issue. Taxis are about 8-10 times the cost of Bangkok and it is a really unpleasant experience dealing with them. The taxis claim to use a meter but on numerous occasions then refuse to use the meter and quote a price for example of 600 baht to go 10 minutes down the road. The airport needs to make the pick up and drop off experience a lot easier and more friendly.

Phuket Airport customer review

Worst airport experience. Rude immigration staff. No lounge available to non-members. Not allowed to take 2.25 ltr of alcohol to Australia had to be 100mls. I hope never to come through this airport again.

Phuket Airport customer review

Overall the airport is okay immigration process quite quick in my case (I did not have to get a visa on arrival otherwise it might be a chaotic experience. Airport itself quite disorganised pretty basic facilities but good enough if you don't have to wait too long for your flight.

Phuket Airport customer review

Probably the worst airport I have ever used. Arrival was not bad but departure was a nightmare. Firstly baggage is checked as we entered the airport which means queuing outside in the heat. Once checked we made our way to the check in desk only to find security staff wanted to check our bags a second time why? No one could answer that. Check in was cramped to say the least with 2 planes checking in passengers at the same time queues zigzagged all over the place. Once through the check in then on to another security check of carry on baggage and person before before reaching immigration which in comparison to the security checks is a doodle. Into food and drink hall where we found little choice and high prices. Finally duty free. Ha what a joke this is staff at the liquor stores refused to sell us alcohol for our Australian bound flight even though our allowance is 2.25 litres each it seems if they do the security staff that search baggage (yet again) between check in gate and the plane confiscate it anyway. Another small example of left hand not knowing what right is doing. At first baggage check I declared I had a cigar lighter in my pocket OK said the checker if you only have one. At the final check before boarding it was confiscated. Absolutely ridiculous.

(Brunei)

Overall the airport is not unlike other low-cost airports in the region: a bit chaotic but with some basic stores and amenities that allow you to pass the time without too much trouble. One point though is that the immigration staff were extremely unfriendly and arrogant upon both our arrival and departure barking orders at us to hurry up and threatening us with fines if unable to do so (despite travelling with a 7-month-old and 2-year- old). An example doesn't confirm a rule but in this case the fact that there were two examples suggests to me that perhaps there is a general problem with the immigration staff. Very unfortunate as almost all other people we met during our stay in Phuket were very friendly and hospitable.

Phuket Airport customer review

Overall wasn't that bad in both manners I arrived from a late flight the toilets in arrival weren't bad compared to some of the other airports I have been to and immigration was reasonably quick possibly due to it being a late flight and baggage was there as soon as I arrived there and left before I knew it. Departure wasn't as bad as I thought I would say reasonably efficient could have been more fast food shops and slightly expensive as well but toilets were reasonable and not bad except for the wait.

(Vietnam)

We arrived here on June 28th and waited for our luggage which never came somebody came up to us and asked whether we are international yes we had to go to next belt 100m away! Then our luggage partly did not arrive but the lost and found personnel were very efficient. Outside the cabs are expensive and controlled by taxi cartel all over Phuket hence you have to pay more the price is too high for Thailand.