Phoenix Airport

"One of the worst designed airports"

Trip Verified | I’ve traveled all over the country and internationally. One of the worst designed airports and even without the design my service experience was terrible. Flight sat on the runway for 30 min. Bags took forever to come out. Had to wait in line for a bus to the car rental place. Car rental place was 15 minutes away. It’s a desert, are you telling me you couldn’t build one closer? How valuable is your sand? Signage was bad at the rental car place. Lines were bad because a bus load of people got there at the same time. Phoenix airport mentions that they will be getting a train connection to the car rental in a couple years. First of all, that means they know they suck even if they want to claim and trademark that they are the friendliest airport. It also doesn’t make the long drive to the rental any better. Instead of a bus now I’m gonna be on a tram. Great job Phoenix. The day service is determined within the first 20 minutes of the experience. Mine was spent on the runway and the remaining hour was spent getting my bags and car. Thanks. I hope my negative word of mouth affects your business like you affected mine. I’ll make sure to let every person I know. Enjoy your terrible NPS.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"incredibly kind and helpful"

Not Verified | We recently traveled from Phoenix to Seattle with my son's ashes, I was expecting a hassle going through TSA but the officers were incredibly kind and helpful. I just want to say how thankful I am for the respect given my son's remains.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"fast and easy for domestic travel"

Not Verified | Everyone is honestly being far too harsh. Phoenix Sky Harbor is really not bad, the lines are usually short, getting through security is pretty fast, tons of great stores and restaurants open. However, there is basically no international flights which really sucks but LAX is a 1 hour flight away so it’s not really that big of an issue. As for domestic flights, they have one to basically every large city and often. Bathrooms are clean, WiFi is fantastic, not a lot of gate seating though. Basically, it’s not bad at all, fast and easy for domestic travel.
Date VisitMay 2019

"polite and helpful service"

Trip Verified | I encountered polite and helpful service by the employees at checkin and in the restaurants of the Phoenix International Airport. It is an easy airport to navigate. Overall the airport was very clean and I was particularly impressed with the restrooms. The ladies restrooms had plenty of paper towels and toilet tissue, the sinks were freshly cleaned, the mirrors were shiny without marks, the floors were clean and shiny, and each stall was quite large, which I really liked! I was quite impressed with this airport and will gladly recommend it to others.
Date VisitJune 2019

"not the friendliest airport"

Trip Verified | Definitely not the friendliest airport, lots of unfriendly treatment of passengers including: - having to walk, yes walk outside in the heat or cold between two of the terminals, no train, no buses like there used to be, I’ve never seen anything like it. They say there is a golf cart to help transport but I’ve only seen it once in twenty times and it was full. So you just have to walk with your luggage. Good luck. If you land past 9:30pm they close several of the exits in Terminal 4 so you have to walk twice as far just to get out of the terminal, then you have to walk back to baggage claim or your car. They make hundreds and hundreds of passengers walk late at night so they can close two exits and save on one security guard’s wages—not friendly, annoying after a long day of travel. There are 8 gates at the end of the B concourse that are squeezed into the space that one or two gates would be. It’s crazy, people pushing each other, literally lines crossing each other to get onto the plane and no seating, everyone has to stand or sit on the floor. Why crush 8 gates into such a small space? Not friendly. Creates angry passengers. Honestly I’m trying to find what is friendly about PHX.
Date VisitApril 2019

"No car rental shuttle buses"

Trip Verified | On arrival last week April 11, I took the earliest flight from DCA getting to Reagan airport at 4:30 AM to arrive at Phoenix at 9:20 AM. No car rental shuttle buses. The line was hundreds of passengers long. Inexcusable. Tonight on my return flight, fearing the car return bus fiasco, I arrived at the airport 5 hours before my flight. At check in the said Gate A 6 An hour later they switched to gate A 20 (another pier). An hour later the sent me back to A 11. Then after that 1.5 hours before departure they switched me to gate B 13. As I passed AA passenger assistance counter in The B Gate pier, one of the two AA employees pulled the ribbon closed in front of me and said “Closed!” At 9:45. I just wanted to ask her if they were going to change us again. She stepped out passed the ribbon she closed and pointed 100 feet back up the B gate pier for me to go look at the overhead flight boards. Never an apology. And for this so am paying for First Class. A decent company would offer a refund. The airport food service facilities are wholly inadequate with passengers waiting in long lines to be seated. (Half hour wait at an airport)
Date VisitApril 2019

"consistently bad service"

Trip Verified | Disabled. Waited almost an hour for someone to push wheelchair from counter to gate. No pusher available at boarding so I had to hobble down the jetway. Fly every week out of PHX. Pretty consistently bad service for disabled travellers.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"always wheelchair issues at PHX"

Trip Verified | Disabled. Waited alomost an hour to get a pusher for a wheelchair to take to gate. At gate, no pushers available, had to hobble down to gate. Travel every week, always wheelchair issues at PHX.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"unable to communicate basic information"

Trip Verified | I am relatively new to the area. I just had to go on a 3 day trip. I got to Terminal 4 at 6am on Monday and I see a sign to Terminal 4 South car park. No other information was given. Was it short term I wondered? No, I thought, if it was short term, they would tell you this like every other car park in the USA, or indeed the planet, and also tell you the rates. When I came back just 3 days later the car park attendant hit me with an $81 dollar bill. I am absolutely disgusted with the service. You are apparently unable to communicate simple basic information to new comers. Next time I will take a luxury taxi instead and save myself a bundle. Thanks a lot.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"lack of international flights"

Trip Verified | Phoenix is overall a great airport besides the lounge situation deteriorating and the lack of international flights. The Pros: - Ease of access - Good food options - Good Internet - Fast Security (unless they do the dog screening as they take some time to get setup and while they do the security checkpoint is closed) The Cons: - Major discrepancy in quality of services between terminals that are not connected - Lost it’s only Priority Pass lounge access in the afternoon - No Asia flights and maybe 1.2 flights a day to Europe (and I am generous) - If the flight to Frankfurt and London are at the terminal together it gets messy, there is no real room for international expansion - Rental car are on the other side of the planet.
Date VisitDecember 2018