Phnom Penh Airport

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

A very decent and well-organized facility. Arrived here from Singapore with a full A320 aircraft I experienced a quick Visa on arrival service (USD 25) and there was no queuing on the immigration counters. The departure hall reflected a newly built/renovated building. The ground floor has nothing except only the check in kiosks and an airport tax counter (USD 25 international airport tax quite expensive compare to other airports in the region). Up to the 1st floor were the departing lounge passport control some shops cafeterias and a book store. 4 airbridges were attached to the boarding lounge. Looking at the apron on the airside of the airport seems like none of the 2 aisle airplanes were fit to these gates.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

I've encountered no corrupt officials at the airport on my five international visits this year so far. If you apply for a visa on arrival it costs $25USD if you already have a visa then there's no "arrival tax". International departure tax is also $25USD and it applies to everyone. You get your ticket stamped for this before going upstairs where someone else will check you have paid. This tax is not a disgrace it's what keep the airport running well as it does and it's extremely low compared to other airports in the region! I agree with comments that facilities are lax downstairs and is the only area that the airport needs improving. There are no facilities in the immediate vicinity outside the airport. Upstairs it's much better but its international prices at these facilities. The airport is well-run queues are minimal and current improvements are for a new runway/apron by the looks of things which hopefully means planes don't have to do a u-turn on the runway itself before take-off or after-landing to reach the airport.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

Extra money for stamping? I just flew out of there at the end of March and wasn't asked for anything extra. I didn't mind paying the Airport tax as that is cheap in comparison to the UK where it is a hefty 40 pounds included into the price of your ticket. I did find that Phnom Penh airport could provide more facilities for passengers that need to wait a while for their flight check-in we had a 2.5hr wait as we were in transit from our flight from Siem Reap there was nothing to do pre-check- in however the departure lounge was quaint and provided better facilities pity some of those were not available downstairs. It is a very basic airport and I thought the food prices were considerably high in comparison to outside but some of their food was triple the outside. And since we couldn't safely leave our baggage anywhere as well as not knowing what conveniences were surrounding the outside of the airport as there are no information clerks to be seen we felt a bit put out.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

The airport is small less crowded and has lots of charm. It's very clean and well maintained. The hefty departure charge amounting to USD25 is indeed worth to pay.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

Phnom Penh airport is a pleasure compared to many other airports. I have travelled through it on dozens of occasions over the past 2 years. It's clean well-designed and uncrowded (though this may change in the future). It's generally very quick to get through although there are occasional queues at immigration. Complaining about the $25 departure tax is a little naive - taxes higher than this for other airports are hidden in the price of tickets. I am also mystified about the allegations of bribery - I have never been asked for any cash. The retail and catering outlets are limited (especially for vegetarians) but what is there is good quality.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

It's a pretty cute nice airport been flying out of it several times. I like the friendliness of the staff even though they do expect you to drop a few riels but I can live with that! And the fact that you can converse in their language always bring you an extra value to the service they provide.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

As I am living in Cambodia I have used Phnom Penh International Airport several times. Never did an airport official ask me for extra money so I don't know what the previous poster is talking about. Phnom Penh Airport indeed doesn't have much to offer in the way of shopping or eating but for smokers it has one of the best smoking lounges I've ever seen: comfortable chairs tv screens sometimes even free cigarettes as the lounge is operated by the manufacturer of 555 cigarettes. As for the departure tax of $25: yes that is ridiculously high but most of that money goes into the hands of the French airports operator.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

Pochentong International Airport-very nice and clean but the food in the airport is overpriced. This is our third times visiting Phnom Penh. Each times the airport employees would asked for extra cash when they are stamping our passports and also when we are leaving the country. It is bad enough that we have to pay the $20 for airport tax.

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

Pochentong International airport Phnom Penh works well and is very clean. But the airport tax of $25 is a disgrace. It is typical of the small minded greedy attitude of the Cambodian Government who try to squeeze every last dollar out of the foreign tourist or worker. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Phnom Penh Airport customer review

Phnom Penh International Airport is small and nice with clear direction and headways. However the duty-free goods are much more expensive than goods at the city supermarkets. There should be more souvenirs about Cambodia available and at a reasonable price for passengers. Pls also improve the toilet facilities.