Philadelphia Airport

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Arrived from Madrid. No flights in front of us so despite seeing only 4 people in front of me still took 20 minutes to get through customs. This was the only negative I can say. Airport has many choices to eat and shop while waiting. Walks can be long between gates so be careful.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Very poor airport. You can arrive 2 hours before your flight and still not make it to your plane. I think much of the problem is US Air which chronically understaffs its check-in areas. The TSA screening stations are also understaffed and move very slowly. At PHL flight information for airlines other than USAir are not posted on the information monitors! My recent flight using AA an example. Flight information is often not posted at the gate check in desks the gate information on the monitors is often incorrect or not updated. Not nearly enough seats for people to sit on while waiting for flights. Other problems with PHL - poor signage within the airport poor signage as to how to enter and exit the airport and get to the parking lots and generally disorganized drop-off and pickup areas. The food prices inside the airport are not too bad however.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

A generally pretty airport but deceivingly big and at times incredibly overcrowded. Depending on the time of day you may need three hours (if you walk fast) to connect international to domestic and at least an hour and a half to connect domestic to international or domestic to domestic (walking times to international terminal A can easily be half an hour from terminal D again if you walk fast). Average taxi times hit 45 minutes to an hour at peak travel times (5 am - 8:30 am and 3:30 pm to 6 pm) so never expect your flight to be completely on time.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

A breeze - the best gateway I've experienced into the US. Lots of immigration desks open and the officer processing my wife and myself even had a sense of humour! Security checks reasonably quick too. The airport is well laid out and decently signed - even though it's a long walk from Terminal B to Terminal A.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Our recent departure from Terminal D turned out to be relatively hassle-free. Thanks to TSA's new and improved checking lanes at Connector D-E the lines were much shorter than we had expected. And we found the staff on duty to be more courteous too. Our UA flight left very early in the morning -- perhaps things could get more difficult during the peak hours .

Philadelphia Airport customer review

I must amend my January review - Philadelphia has gone back in time and the whole international to domestic transfer was every bit as awful as it used to be. Chaotic waiting lines rude TSA with lots of shouting - just a general mess.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

PHL must have done some work because my experience were far from the nightmares I have heard. Coming in from PIT going to JAX the walk from C to A is a bit of a long one but got to our gate at C. Found out our flight was delayed but the gate agents were very helpful. Many food options.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Connected from terminal A to terminal C. Could this walk be any longer? Felt bad for people that needed help- heard a cart driver tell a pax 'that their cart could not go to another concourse' - isn't that what they are there for? Plenty of stores and food and the terminals are nice.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Philadelphia has been transformed - not sure if partially because of less travellers but it is most welcome for whatever reason. Arrived on BA recently and within 7 minutes of leaving the plane (I was first off) I was sitting in my car in the (very expensive) terminal parking.

Philadelphia Airport customer review

Not too bad but I refer to Terminal F in Philly (and Concourse F at O'Hare) as the Twilight Zone terminals. Dirty and it feels like you are out somewhere away from everything else. The only reason I like flying in and out of Philly is if they cancel my flight (again!) I can rent a car drive home and then return to pick up my car and baggage from Allentown! On the upside - we landed without nose gear and the emergency crews were great!