Philadelphia Airport

"Shame on you Philly"

Not Verified | The security staff were friendly. The water fountains are all out of order and the restaurants will not give you a cup of water even when requested. They all said I could buy a water which was between $2.50-4.00. Rip off! Each place was rude about it too. Other airports have filtered water fountains. Shame on you Philly!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Nasty people running this place"

Not Verified | Horrible unfriendly attitude by every employee I met except the ladies at the information desk. No smiles and if you asked a question you got a glare not an answer. Nasty people running this place.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Not a good experience"

Trip Verified | Rude treatment when entering through customs from Europe by both Customs official and TSA. As we stood in line, an official from customs and one from TSA, at separate times in different areas shouted at both my husband and I, "Get behind the red line"! (Our foot was over the line) and again "Get behind the gate!" (which was an open flap). A simple, courteous "please stay behind the line" would have worked to get the message across without embarrassing us. TSA also took a sealed yoghurt from me. Not a good experience and we could not wait to leave this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"it was demanding a ticket"

Not Verified | Skytrax cannot verify my review, as I was not a passenger, just the hapless relative who agreed to pick her daughter and fiance up after an international flight. First mistake I made was going into the short-term parking lot. I followed the directions on the self-serve kiosk, inserted my credit card. No ticket had emerged from the machine, but the gate lifted, so I went through. Areas within the parking garage are fenced-off in such a way that it cannot be exited without going the wrong direction in one-way areas. At night, there is no alternative to the "self-serve" exit kiosks. I was trapped behind a driver whose credit card was eaten by the machine. The entire line slowly backed their cars up, I pulled into another line, and found to my horror that it was demanding a ticket from the entry kiosk. I jumped up and down, waved my arms, and put on an embarrassing show for everyone as I called for help, which came, nice and slow, looked me in the eye, and politely told me to file a complaint. Here it is.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"one of the worst airports"

Not Verified | Without a doubt, one of the worst airports we have ever traveled to/through. Recent travels to/from Glasgow had us scrambling to make our connections, but return to US on Saturday 9/8 had 1/2 of Kiosks available and terribly understaffed personnel at Customs. 1.5 hours to get from originating flight through customs, back through TSA, and then to our flight at Terminal F, which required a shuttle bus ride and then a dash to our gate. Thankful we made our flight but continue to be amazed that it took us this long. Will definitely avoid this airport going forward and will recommend the same to others. Very poor management of personnel and systems.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"inefficient and poorly run"

Not Verified | Philadelphia airport is the worst airport in the country! I would compare it to a third world country but that would insult the third world countries. Cancellations and delays are a constant, staff is rude, the bathrooms are a disgrace (no soap, paper towels containers are empty). I could go on and on. I used to have to travel to Philly for work and it was a nightmare and it's just as bad now or worse. I couldn't even get an internet connection in the airport. My flight was cancelled on Sunday and I was delayed hours on Monday. I couldn't find a place to sit and plug devices in so I sat in a hallway. This facility is so inefficient and poorly run. I would avoid it like the plague but my grandson lives there.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"unfriendly gate staffing"

Not Verified | The airport itself is nice, has some nice shopping areas, updated a few years ago. American has a nice Admirals club, friendly staff there. Low rating is due to very unfriendly gate staffing. Little concern for customers and not helpful. Normally fly out of Dulles airport but instead of driving 3 hours to DC, decided to try Philly for International flight. Have flown from Philly multiple times domestically and always have delays and unfriendly service.

"pleasantly surprised me"

Trip Verified | A recent international round trip through PHL pleasantly surprised me: the terminals (and restrooms) were clean; air conditioning was generally good; signage was clear; seating space was ample and it was not overcrowded. I especially enjoyed the airside walk between Terminals A and F in order to connect between domestic and international flights: it was a healthy 15-minute walk through a suburban shopping mall with reasonable food choices along the way. But PHL is far from perfect. Many water fountains and electrical outlets do not work: this is a needless frustration. When I arrived at Customs and Border Patrol at around 4PM from an international flight, the area was overwhelmed by too many passengers, almost no help for passengers coping with cryptic passport kiosks, and seriously understaffed CBP posts. PHL shows great promise but needs to attend to simple maintenance and very inadequate CBP operations.
Date VisitJune 2018

"rude and unfriendly overall"

Not Verified | This is the #1 airport to avoid. Although they have redone some of the terminals and added many food options, they have not redone the staff. The staff at this airport are rude and unfriendly overall. I say this as a "thick skinned" New Yorker. Although I am sure there are exceptions, I have never found one. I have not used this airport in 6 years but was forced to connect there last week and could not believe that nothing has changed. I once again told my travel department at work that I refuse to travel through Philly.
Date VisitJune 2018

"will not be using this airport again"

Not Verified | This airport needs to be avoided at all costs by travellers from UK who need to change flights there. Unbelievably they have no electronic passport entry points so everyone is dealt with manually. We had almost 3 hours to change flights on a trip from Manchester to Miami. We made our connection with literally one minute to spare after rushing through the airport! Passport checking took an hour and a half and then full security check the same. Many in the queues are stressed as they know they are going to miss connections. The staff seem to take delight in advising that no one can go to the front of the queue because almost everyone is late for a connection. I will not be using this airport again.
Date VisitMay 2018