Philadelphia Airport

"given conflicting instructions"

Not Verified | I can’t complain about the people as many have here. My issue is with the arbitrary processes especially at security lines. My companion and I were given conflicting instructions as to what needed to be removed from bags or persons in order to be scanned. I was told to remove my belt and iPad but keep my shoes on and my partner as told the complete opposite. My major issue however was again with TSA. Despite having a 3-hour layover and my bag being screened internationally twice already, TSA in Philadelphia decided to hold it for scanning so it never made my connecting flight. How long does it take to scan a bag?
Date VisitOctober 2019

"no clear information or urgency"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport experience I have ever had. Flight was two hours late and had 15 min to make connecting flight. There was no clear information or urgency to help people with issues of connecting flights. Staff were not helpful and was given incorrect information regarding where I needed to go and how to get there. Gates and buildings are far apart and again staff was not helpful. Missed connection and spent night in airport. If you have a choice, avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"airport is poorly organized"

Trip Verified | We had a layover at the Philadelphia Airport (PHL). Our flight arrived roughly two (2) hours before our connecting flight was set to depart. We had to wait in four (4) different lines, totalling almost three (3) hours. Throughout the stressful lines for customs kiosk, customs agent, agriculture and TSA, all but one TSA agent were yelling and being rude to the people waiting in line. There were no clear directions on where to line up at agriculture, yet an employee was yelling at the people to line up a certain way. She got even ruder and more upset with people when they did not understand her directions. I heard employees complain about not getting paid to load baggage on the conveyer belt and how they better get disability if they get hurt, this was all in front of the people in line. No one monitored people cutting in front of others in the lines. The airport is poorly organized and definitely does not demonstrate 'brotherly love', despite Philadelphia's motto. Luckily, our connecting flight was delayed so we were still able to make the flight. I will not be choosing flights that arrive or depart from this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is the absolute worst"

Not Verified | I have flown out this airport 4 times in the last 2 months. I travel a lot so have experience in airports and travel. This airport is the absolute worst I have ever been to. The people are so rude! They scream at you continuously from entering the check points to loading, etc. I’m so sick and tired of being treated in this manner. It’s totally uncalled for. The employees are rude, disrespectful and worthless! I will follow through with more complaints and reporting. I will not use this airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"seating at gates is not sufficient"

Not Verified | American Airlines had no working planes but made us wait 4 hrs before cancelling at 2am. All airport restaurants/stores and many restrooms closed at 10pm, making 10-2 miserable. Airline Staff were complaining, rude and uninformed. Meal vouchers were issued but the places to use them at the airport the next day were inside the security gates. TSA staff got ugly with a deaf man who couldn’t understand them rather than seeking an interpreter or using a visual communication system, seating at gates is not sufficient for number of travelers on one plane. Bring your own food, a change of clothes, a lot of patience and a plan b because this will be the worst airport experience you have ever had.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"a poor experience"

Not Verified | In general, airport signage is confusing, airport personnel very rude and not helpful at all, TSA staff are rude, incompetent, and have no business being in that line of work, apparently janitorial staff are non-existent and I felt I needed a shower after walking through there. All in all a poor experience and I hope I never have to pass through that airport again.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Worst airport experience I have ever had"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience I have ever had. Came off plane and waited almost 2 hrs to get through security, only to go through more security, another wait! Then onto connecting flight, more waiting to go through more security, placed baggage in connecting baggage area, guys so ignorant they wouldn’t lift a suitcase onto scales for my daughter. Then when I put them up they literally tossed them onto escalator, then off to get next flight and another 30 min wait getting through, you guessed it, more security. Just made me even more determined never to return to the states.
Date VisitJune 2019

"worst airport experience ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport experience ever! All staff interactions have been very unprofessional so far. They should all be trained properly in their customer customer service skills. The way that I’ve witnessed them talk to people in this airport is absolutely disrespectful, disgraceful, and disgusting.

"staff helpful and nice"

Trip Verified | I was shocked by the facilities offered in Terminal B, as well as the connector area between all terminals. There is plentiful seating, with most seating offering clean white tables with outlets and USB plugs. The bathrooms were also brand new and no exaggeration, the cleanest and most well-manufactured airport bathrooms I've seen. Many many food options, including iPads in most gate areas, on which food and drinks can be ordered. The AT&T sponsored wifi is quite good, and the staff were overall quite helpful and nice.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Employees unfriendly and miserable"

Not Verified | This continues to be the dirtiest, grungiest, most unattractive airport I have to deal with. Dark and dreary void of any natural light. Employees unfriendly and miserable. Lack of any outlets and minimal charging stations. I’ve been to Tampa, Dallas, Phoenix, Orange County and many more, all so much nicer than Philadelphia. For such a busy airport that continues to grow they are not keeping up with travelers demands and Needs. I would avoid stopping here if I could.
Date VisitMay 2019