Philadelphia Airport

"I did not enjoy my visit here"

Not Verified | This airport is obviously not cleaned often, and not taken care of properly. The charging ports are also not in places accessible to people easily. The bathrooms are not clean and noticeably unsanitary. The whole airport is dirty and dull. I did not like the attitude of the security when my family and I were going through check in. This website is glitchy as well. My flight was also delayed. I did not enjoy my visit here!
Date VisitNovember 2022

"It’s dirty, old and broken"

Trip Verified | Sadly as a local resident I have witnessed the continual deterioration of PHL. Is there any money being invested here? If there is it’s invisible. The overall look is tired. Almost every terminal has a different look; many of them very aged and dirty. The lack of TSA check points is sub par for an airport this size. So much of the overall équipent is broken. Today several escalators were out of service. In terminal A East the security line snaked back since only one X-ray Machine worked. At the gate the scanner didn’t work and the gate agents had to manually enter passengers on a computer. I can well imagine the poor impression this airport gives visitors and anyone thinking of establishing or expanding business here. Bottom line it’s no surprise PHL ranks at the bottom of customer surveys. It’s dirty, old and broken. The real question is will anything be done to make it significantly better?
Date VisitNovember 2022

"didn’t care about being nice to people"

Trip Verified | I’m honestly embarrassed at the service of the Philadelphia airport employees. Just got off an international flight and was greeted by a rude, shouting man after getting though customs. When I suggested he be nicer to the people who weren’t given instruction and didn’t speak English, he told me he “didn’t care about being nice to people.” Well, then you probably shouldn’t be working with people if you feel that way. If you refuse to do your job right, get a new job. This man should not be the first thing foreigners see when then step foot on US soil.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Philadelphia airport is a disgrace to the city"

Trip Verified | Is there a minus number you can give an airport? I fly weekly all over the country and international, Philadelphia airport is a disgrace to the city. It’s like stepping into a 3rd world country. Homeless, filthy, nothing works, dirty floors, poor food and bad lounges. Don’t feel safe.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"The worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I would never recommend for anyone to fly out of this airport, unless there is a complete and fluid change in how TSA are trained not only in security but customer service. First let’s start with the disrespectful and unprofessional staff. My family and I missed our flight due to asking for directions of where to go and we were not only sent in the wrong direction but multiple TSA employees told us they could not help us and to keep moving ! Some even ignored us and did not respond to our request for help at all. Very unprofessional and not welcoming at all for this so called city of brotherly love. The worst experience ever. What I can say is there was a manager who stepped in to help the best she could with getting us stand by seats as they became available. Thank you for this.
Date VisitJune 2022

"never fly through this airport"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have even been in. Used the restroom, 2 of the 3 stalls where locked and out of service. Went to another restroom. It was very dirty and there was graffiti all over. There was no hand soap. I got off an international flight and I had to leave and go back through security. This was bad because the things I purchased in the other airport like water I wasn't allowed to take with me. The people at the counter where rude. I will never fly through this airport again.
Date VisitJune 2022

"This airport was awful"

Not Verified | Flew home to Cleveland from Paris through Philadelphia. This airport was awful. It's a dirty place and there are many rude staff - TSA, Police, Customs, others. There was only one TSA Pre-check in Terminal 3. We had to exit Terminal 1 and take a bus to Terminal 3. The TSA line there was very long. I should have just stayed in Terminal 1. Now I have to take a bus to Terminal 7. Along the way, I met rude staff who yelled at me when asking for directions. There is a lot of yelling and rarely a "please". Staff engage with each other instead of passengers. I mentioned this to a stranger while waiting in line and he stated, "You're in Philadelphia". This airport does not have much brotherly love.
Date VisitApril 2022

"filthy floor covered in urine"

Not Verified | Arriving from the beautiful Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport which is large, clean and well maintained. After a 4.5 hour flight I needed to use the restroom. Toilets are scarce and filthy floor covered in urine. Employees standing around. Go clean the restrooms.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"airport is the lowest of the low"

Not Verified | Philadelphia airport is the lowest of the low. Toilets are dirty and don’t work, towel dispensers/air dryers don’t work, carpet and cleanliness are disgusting, escalators or travelators don’t work, car parking open spot numbers don’t work, car park payment (even auto pay) does not work, lounges are over crowded.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Rudest staff I have ever had the displeasure of talking to"

Not Verified | Rudest staff I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. Just needed to know how to get to my terminal. Stopped one TSA lady and she was very nice just couldn’t read a ticket to see the gate so another guy came over, took the ticket from her then started walking away without even saying anything to me at this point. So as I’m trying to find out where he’s going with my ticket since I have 10 min at this point to find terminal F and the shuttle to it and he starts being very rude to me and raising his voice so I ask for my ticket back and tell him if he’s going to treat me like that then I don’t want his help. His response is to holler at me as I’m walking away still being rude and hollering that he hopes I miss my flight. Rudest, most unprofessional person I have ever had the displeasure of being around. Then I asked at the shuttle if I was in the right place to make sure that I was and the 2 ladies there just point and holler terminal F! Could have just nicely said "yes this way". The people working at this airport should really be taught some politeness and customer service. It’s ridiculous how they treat people who are just trying to find their gates. Management should be ashamed of their staff. Traveling is already stressful enough without their added nastiness.
Date VisitFebruary 2022