Philadelphia Airport

"airport is poorly organized"

Trip Verified | We had a layover at the Philadelphia Airport (PHL). Our flight arrived roughly two (2) hours before our connecting flight was set to depart. We had to wait in four (4) different lines, totalling almost three (3) hours. Throughout the stressful lines for customs kiosk, customs agent, agriculture and TSA, all but one TSA agent were yelling and being rude to the people waiting in line. There were no clear directions on where to line up at agriculture, yet an employee was yelling at the people to line up a certain way. She got even ruder and more upset with people when they did not understand her directions. I heard employees complain about not getting paid to load baggage on the conveyer belt and how they better get disability if they get hurt, this was all in front of the people in line. No one monitored people cutting in front of others in the lines. The airport is poorly organized and definitely does not demonstrate 'brotherly love', despite Philadelphia's motto. Luckily, our connecting flight was delayed so we were still able to make the flight. I will not be choosing flights that arrive or depart from this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is the absolute worst"

Not Verified | I have flown out this airport 4 times in the last 2 months. I travel a lot so have experience in airports and travel. This airport is the absolute worst I have ever been to. The people are so rude! They scream at you continuously from entering the check points to loading, etc. I’m so sick and tired of being treated in this manner. It’s totally uncalled for. The employees are rude, disrespectful and worthless! I will follow through with more complaints and reporting. I will not use this airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"seating at gates is not sufficient"

Not Verified | American Airlines had no working planes but made us wait 4 hrs before cancelling at 2am. All airport restaurants/stores and many restrooms closed at 10pm, making 10-2 miserable. Airline Staff were complaining, rude and uninformed. Meal vouchers were issued but the places to use them at the airport the next day were inside the security gates. TSA staff got ugly with a deaf man who couldn’t understand them rather than seeking an interpreter or using a visual communication system, seating at gates is not sufficient for number of travelers on one plane. Bring your own food, a change of clothes, a lot of patience and a plan b because this will be the worst airport experience you have ever had.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"a poor experience"

Not Verified | In general, airport signage is confusing, airport personnel very rude and not helpful at all, TSA staff are rude, incompetent, and have no business being in that line of work, apparently janitorial staff are non-existent and I felt I needed a shower after walking through there. All in all a poor experience and I hope I never have to pass through that airport again.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Worst airport experience I have ever had"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience I have ever had. Came off plane and waited almost 2 hrs to get through security, only to go through more security, another wait! Then onto connecting flight, more waiting to go through more security, placed baggage in connecting baggage area, guys so ignorant they wouldn’t lift a suitcase onto scales for my daughter. Then when I put them up they literally tossed them onto escalator, then off to get next flight and another 30 min wait getting through, you guessed it, more security. Just made me even more determined never to return to the states.
Date VisitJune 2019

"worst airport experience ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport experience ever! All staff interactions have been very unprofessional so far. They should all be trained properly in their customer customer service skills. The way that I’ve witnessed them talk to people in this airport is absolutely disrespectful, disgraceful, and disgusting.

"staff helpful and nice"

Trip Verified | I was shocked by the facilities offered in Terminal B, as well as the connector area between all terminals. There is plentiful seating, with most seating offering clean white tables with outlets and USB plugs. The bathrooms were also brand new and no exaggeration, the cleanest and most well-manufactured airport bathrooms I've seen. Many many food options, including iPads in most gate areas, on which food and drinks can be ordered. The AT&T sponsored wifi is quite good, and the staff were overall quite helpful and nice.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Employees unfriendly and miserable"

Not Verified | This continues to be the dirtiest, grungiest, most unattractive airport I have to deal with. Dark and dreary void of any natural light. Employees unfriendly and miserable. Lack of any outlets and minimal charging stations. I’ve been to Tampa, Dallas, Phoenix, Orange County and many more, all so much nicer than Philadelphia. For such a busy airport that continues to grow they are not keeping up with travelers demands and Needs. I would avoid stopping here if I could.
Date VisitMay 2019

"endless line of passengers"

Not Verified | When we arrived at the airport and wanted to go through security check there was an endless line of waiting passengers. I estimate 300 feet. I never have experienced something comparable. After the check we wanted to grab a coffee at the coffee shop, and they just were not able to make it. There were too many customers and the girl at the coffee machine was too overwhelmed.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Fool me twice shame on me"

Trip Verified | Have only used this airport twice in my lifetime and will never fly American Airlines again. This is a hub for them as we were flying internationally to Rome and beyond. As stated they have lost my luggage twice and I have only used them twice, so enough said. We arrived in plenty of time for our connection and had something to eat. Open air restaurant good however, the temperature in the entire airport was well over 80+ degrees. It became so uncomfortable that at one point we ventured out back thru security just to get some fresh air. The airport is OK but, security is rude and sorry but if you can't get our bags on the connecting flight what's the point? Airplane boarding went fine but here is where the glitch comes in. It's March so they have to de-ice. We sat on the tarmac for over 3 hours as apparently someone forgot to put in an order for the actual supply and they ran out of de-icer fluid. The pilot was peeved and again no ventilation on the plane so temps now reaching well into the 90's. Separate review of American, sadly this is what flying comes down to now. I guess the pilot flew really fast as we made it to Rome, a flight crew guy got us to the gate with an hour to spare but alas the bags never made it. Fool me twice shame on me.
Date VisitMarch 2019