Philadelphia Airport

"Shame on the city of Philadelphia"

Not Verified | Urine smell in filthy restrooms - men's and women’s. Dirty floors, dirty seats, did not see one single custodial person doing any cleaning. Absolute disgrace for the city of Philadelphia and the state of Pennsylvania. Shame on the city of Philadelphia.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"update the terminals so we can stay connected"

Not Verified | Very frustrating that 1/2 of the seating have power connections and only 1/2 of those are plugged in or even work! No power towers either! Welcome to the 21st century, update the terminals so we can stay connected or continue to work while we wait for our next flight.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"the people at this airport helped me out"

Not Verified | I have to say the people at this airport helped me out on my last travel. When I was recently here it was still pretty warm out so I was wearing my vans flip flops when I was traveling and my regular shoes were already in checked luggage. Anyway when I went to take off my flip flops in the security line I accidentally ripped the top part holding the right flip together. That meant the only way I could have walk was to walk barefoot with my right foot and carry the flip flop. Right when I was about to do that walking away from security after I got though they said they didn’t want me to have to walk through barefoot so they called someone to push me to where my flight was in a wheelchair so instead of my foot touching the ground it was on the footrest of the wheelchair.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Horrible in every way"

Trip Verified | Horrible in every way. Only 3 officers working with 300 people waiting, unbelievable bad organizational skills there, we missed our connection flight , waited 1 hour to get thru the officer window for a transit flight. They had 27 windows and all empty but those 3 officers handling 300 people at the same time. Just hire more, make them work, we pay for their salary. The information desk was super rude and mean and not helpful. Super mean. The worst airport ever, shame.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Not a pleasant airport experience"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I'm really disappointed in the lack of assistance the staff of Adelaide Airport offered to me - as well as the staff of Virgin Airlines. I foolishly left a rolled up piece of native Australian Artwork on a seat outside of Gate 16 - A beautiful souvenir that I bought in Darwin and one that I was really excited to hang in my home as a memory of my trip. I was a bit flustered while getting to the gate - as many are in airports, and as a consequence I left my souvenir on the seat. I realised this on the flight and when I landed in Melbourne, I first asked The Virgin Airlines staff to help me - which they refused, telling me its not their issue and to contact Lost and found. I immediately contacted lost and found, only to be told that it will either be stolen or handed in. Even though I described to them exactly where it would be - after only an hour in transit - the women refused to send someone to check if it was there, claiming that is 'not part of their policy'. Really, how difficult is it to just check if somethings there or not? Its a darn shame that I left it there, but im also really saddened by the lack of support that Adelaide Airport and Virgin airline Staff offered me. Not a pleasant airport experience at Adelaide Airport.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"TSA agents were calm and respectful"

Trip Verified | A fast friendly curbside baggage drop was just the beginning of this fantastic stay at the AA gates at PHL airport. After the fantastic bag drop process I was directed upstairs to the security check. I was 4th in line. How does that happen! The ticket check was efficient. The security check was calm and in control, ample signage ensured that even non-seasoned travellers knew what had to be removed from their bags. The TSA agents were calm and respectful and made the whole process significantly smoother. In fact I think repacking my toiletries and putting my shoes back on took longer than getting to the gate. The American gates at PHL has just overtaken Nashville as my #1 US airport experience.

"given conflicting instructions"

Not Verified | I can’t complain about the people as many have here. My issue is with the arbitrary processes especially at security lines. My companion and I were given conflicting instructions as to what needed to be removed from bags or persons in order to be scanned. I was told to remove my belt and iPad but keep my shoes on and my partner as told the complete opposite. My major issue however was again with TSA. Despite having a 3-hour layover and my bag being screened internationally twice already, TSA in Philadelphia decided to hold it for scanning so it never made my connecting flight. How long does it take to scan a bag?
Date VisitOctober 2019

"no clear information or urgency"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport experience I have ever had. Flight was two hours late and had 15 min to make connecting flight. There was no clear information or urgency to help people with issues of connecting flights. Staff were not helpful and was given incorrect information regarding where I needed to go and how to get there. Gates and buildings are far apart and again staff was not helpful. Missed connection and spent night in airport. If you have a choice, avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"airport is poorly organized"

Trip Verified | We had a layover at the Philadelphia Airport (PHL). Our flight arrived roughly two (2) hours before our connecting flight was set to depart. We had to wait in four (4) different lines, totalling almost three (3) hours. Throughout the stressful lines for customs kiosk, customs agent, agriculture and TSA, all but one TSA agent were yelling and being rude to the people waiting in line. There were no clear directions on where to line up at agriculture, yet an employee was yelling at the people to line up a certain way. She got even ruder and more upset with people when they did not understand her directions. I heard employees complain about not getting paid to load baggage on the conveyer belt and how they better get disability if they get hurt, this was all in front of the people in line. No one monitored people cutting in front of others in the lines. The airport is poorly organized and definitely does not demonstrate 'brotherly love', despite Philadelphia's motto. Luckily, our connecting flight was delayed so we were still able to make the flight. I will not be choosing flights that arrive or depart from this airport again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is the absolute worst"

Not Verified | I have flown out this airport 4 times in the last 2 months. I travel a lot so have experience in airports and travel. This airport is the absolute worst I have ever been to. The people are so rude! They scream at you continuously from entering the check points to loading, etc. I’m so sick and tired of being treated in this manner. It’s totally uncalled for. The employees are rude, disrespectful and worthless! I will follow through with more complaints and reporting. I will not use this airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2019