Paris Orly Airport

"We are sitting on the floor"

Trip Verified | There is no airport seating! We are sitting on the floor. They have seats by your gate but we are 1.5 hours early and they have gates around all the seating that does not open. We had to go far away from our gate to find a place to sit on the floor. You go by restaurants but they only allow customers to sit. There is a few places to sit but they are completely occupied. I have never experienced this before and I travel a lot. I cannot believe this is allowed.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Completely disorganised"

Not Verified | The worlds most painful, vicious, rude, nasty, officious security. Completely disorganised, no idea what they were doing, but just pompous and grandstanding. Took 25 minutes for a queue of 8 passengers to be processed. While they chatted, allowed friends through, and made life miserable. Avoid traveling through here at all costs.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"the worst experience"

Not Verified | This has to be the worst experience I have ever had at an airport, had to wait one hour to get my bags from the carousel. This airport only has 3 carousels, the one I was waiting on had several flights coming in to that 1 carousel, the other 2 only had 1 flight per carousel then I had to wait 40 minutes for a taxi. Worst airport ever.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"had no meter in the car"

Not Verified | Upon arriving at Orly I went to look for a taxi. I was approached by many drivers near the ground transportation area but to be safe, sought help from the official ground transport attendants wearing green vests. These guys sent me with a driver, who turned out not to be a taxi driver at all had no meter in the car. After driving me to my hotel, a trip which should have been 40 EUR, he demanded 200 EUR and became very hostile and almost violent. Be Warned.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Awful beyond belief"

Not Verified | Awful beyond belief. Misdirected by Air France four times. There were customers screaming at "customer service" people at three different locations, and at two of them, police were called. Missed my connection, and then misdirected to place to get new connections. If it wasn't for the one man who worked for Jet Airways, I might never have escaped. Literally stood at a counter for more than an hour, only to have the agent leave because her shift was over, and had to start again. Everything was poorly marked. The bathrooms were filthy.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"a disaster from start to finish"

Trip Verified | This airport is a disaster from start to finish. Firstly, I was flying from Dublin Airport, Ireland, where we were served by a different airline (originally Transavia), which, if things were up to scratch, that would not have been a problem. Secondly, the flight was delayed for an hour and a half, which was only made aware to us at the last minute. Thirdly, Transavia decided to fly into Charles de Gaulle, and not Orly as promised. Now, I am a 21 year old girl, and I can tell you from experience that France, and thus Paris is not a safe place to be travelling on your own, especially at night with a large 20 kg suitcase, a small 10kg suitcase, and a handbag. How on earth can this airport compensate the "service" that they have provided me? Do they have any idea how horrible the situation was for me? The principal in the school that I work in was supposed to collect me at Orly at 22.45, as scheduled. But, it was unfair on him to come to collect me at CDG as it is over an hour's drive from where I live. Fair enough, a bus was provided from CDG to Orly, but, not only were there no signs on these buses to identify them, I then had to wait on the bus for an hour for another flight. It was now 1.15 in the morning. On arriving at Orly airport, I had planned to get a taxi from Orly to where I live, seeing as my principal could no longer collect me. France is not the place to be getting taxis on your own in the middle of the night. But on arriving at Orly, there were no taxis in sight. Therefore, I had to wait over 2 hours, after already being delayed so much thanks to this airport, for the 191.100 Keolis bus from Orly to Juvisy, to make the first morning train (5.18am) from Juvisy to Brétigny-sur-orge. I had to wait 45 mins again at Juvisy for that train. Then, I had to wait another 45 mins at Gare de Brétigny for the bus towards le Plessis-Paté, which was at 6.15. I arrived back home at 6.30 am, over 7 hours later than planned. At the airport there was not one Transavia assistant there to help. It it absolutely disgusting and disgraceful. Now, I cannot emphasise how furious not only I am, but all my family at home are absolutely furious. Can you justify how they left a 21 year old girl alone in the airport at night with no explanation at all? Do they even care? I have flown with Transavia a few times, and every single time the flight is always delayed at least an hour. Every single occasion that I travel with Orly, the line for security is always a minimum of an hour long, and there are always delays.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport is a nightmare from a to z"

Trip Verified | Is this airport managed? Since a couple of days metro France has announced snow in Paris. Today it's snowing. What a surprise! But my flight will be delayed because aeroport de Paris has no de-icing means available. It's a shame for the management. This airport is a nightmare from a to z.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Always the same problems"

Verified Review | Arriving from Toulon with Hop CRK: disembarking by bus: very long. Efficient transit procedures. Embarking area to Cayenne (West terminal - Hall 3 - Gate 31H): the area is planned for French West Indies and French Guiana flghts: all long haul planes: B772 that day. The area is enough for only one B777 passengers, not for 3 or 4! Always the same problems in Paris airport: they are too small for large aircraft.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"rather stressful to put it mildly"

Verified Review | Flying out of Orly's south terminal to Dublin recently was rather stressful to put it mildly. Due to the OrlyBus from Denfert Rochereau being slightly more chaotic than we anticipated we only got to Orly 2 hours before our flight - which one would hope should be enough for a short flight with no bags to check in (but we had aimed for earlier after hearing reports of long waits). As we got to the beginning of the lines the estimated waiting time was indicated as 88 minutes. The first hour consisted of queuing for security - out of the 10 possible lanes available only 4 were open and the queue went at a snail's pace. However, even if more had been open the real killer was the passport control afterwards where a queue of similar length stretched again. Scenes of chaos ensued, some people randomly allowed to go the e-gates or into other queues (unlike in other countries only French passports are allowed through the e-gates). Randomly we were eventually we were told we could give the e-gates a try for some reason (didn't work but at least meant we could go to the dedicated desk for people who had not been successful at the e-gates). Took us about 70 minutes to get through and that was bypassing about 45 minutes of queue I think. So we would have likely missed our departure time though in this case, Transavia actually held the plane for 30 minutes or so to wait for more passengers. Arriving the previous Friday night was a breeze through passport but the taxi rank, well, I've flown into airports across South America, Africa, Asia and any one of those would blush at the chaos served up at Orly for arriving passengers wishing to take a taxi (save yourself the bother and just don't, particularly if late at night).
Date VisitAugust 2017

"airport clearly does not have enough personnel"

Verified Review | The staff at this airport were friendly and did their best but this airport clearly does not have enough personnel to deal with the volume of passengers. Between checking in my luggage, passing through security and immigration it took one hour and a half! My friend who was not familiar with this airport thought we could arrive later but I had anticipated this from previous experience and made it a point to be at the airport about three hours before departure. As I said earlier great staff for being able to work under such difficult circumstances.
Date VisitJuly 2017