Paris Orly Airport

"thoroughly unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | This was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. The staff appear extremely anxious when marshalling the passengers and especially when they are putting their things through X ray machines. There are not sufficient pictures to communicate in non-language ways.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Worst airport ever"

Not Verified | There are no restaurants or bars which are open after 4 in the afternoon! There are very limited seats in the area after customs. All the duty free shops close at 8 in the evening. Worst airport ever.
Date VisitApril 2022

"it was a very nice experience"

Not Verified | Arrival was a very smooth process. Arrived into Orly 3 and there were no queues for passport control. The staff at passport control were very helpful and were able to keep the queues short. I only had cabin bags but by the time I had reached the exit the hold luggage was already on the reclaim belt so there was practically no wait for hold luggage. The only negative thing regarding arrival was that the pre-booked transport into Paris was quite a long walk from the Orly 3 exit. Departure was also a pleasant experience (mostly). There was some confusion as my boarding pass said that my flight departed from Orly 3, but the departure board said that it was leaving from Orly 1. However, the staff were friendly and clarified that it was definitely departing from Orly 3 and showed us the direction of security. Security queues were very short and I was through in less than 5 minutes. The terminal was very clean and there were lots of shops and places to eat, although I did not eat in the airport so I cannot comment on the restaurants. The signage was very clear and was in multiple languages so it was easy to find the gate. There were no queues for passport control and the staff were good at getting people through quickly. My flight was delayed by 1 hour but there was lots of comfortable seating by the gate so it was not an uncomfortable time. However, the boarding process was very poor. We flew with EasyJet and paid for speedy boarding but when the gate was opened there was only one queue and all passengers were allowed through the gate, regardless of if they had speedy boarding or not. The staff also did not enforce the luggage policy which meant that lots of passengers brought too many bags on board the plane which slowed down boarding significantly. Other than boarding, it was a very nice experience.
Date VisitApril 2022

"A lovely airport building spoiled by incompetent staff"

Trip Verified | A lovely airport building spoiled by incompetent staff. EasyJet staff at bag drop rude and uninterested in being pleasant or helpful. Taken to wrong area check in by one of the airport staff, where a manual check didn’t identify we were at the wrong place. After security we realized this, and no one spoke English or would acknowledge my French in order to help. Then at a security repeat my bag was searched - was fine first go by sneering man who deliberately took ages pulling all from the bag, even though we were very late by now. International Airport? Joke.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Worst airport experience I’ve had so far"

Trip Verified | Extremely slow and long border check. Very unpolite staff and no help at all. I have missed my flight because the border check took more then one and a half hours and when you demand faster processing they tell you to go back in the line. They don't care if you make it in time for your flight or not. Worst airport experience I’ve had so far.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"politeness is indispensable"

Not Verified | The security staff were quite rude. It was not very busy and I allowed the person in front to sort their liquids and electronic devices and once they moved forward, I then took my turn. At this point, as I was emptying my bags, the security person kept pushing my tray into the scanner before I had the chance to finish. It’s a small silly, annoyance. I asked them to let me finish, and then the security person said that he is the one to give instructions, not me. There was one person behind me who could have waited an extra 30 seconds to let me finish taking my stuff out of my bag. I just felt the remark from the security person was unnecessary and quite rude. I complained to the security supervisor. Oh, and they can hardly speak any English. In an international airport in a capital city, that’s just not acceptable. I know it’s the new year and people are probably hung over, but politeness is indispensable. Oh, and like other reviewers have mentioned, it’s time to update the signage. Airlines use numbers, the airport uses letters. For someone who knows the airport it’s okay but I can imagine how confusing it must be to a first-time visitor.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"overall impression is very civilized"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Easy way from the plane to baggage belt, bags on the belt in 5 mins after disembarkation. Clean toilets, clear navigation, very good connections to the city. After reconstruction terminals look nicely and overall impression is very civilized. 10/10
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Such a shame of an airport"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Such a shame of an airport. When I landed I had troubles as nobody spoke English, ridiculous! It's Paris, not a forsaken random city. On my way off I had to wait 45 min in line for security, my flight was leaving at 14.20 and I was still there, at 14.10 I started asking the staff to please check my bag first so I could keep going, they told me no and to keep waiting. At 14.20 I asked another 3 staff members with tears on my eyes due to my impotence. They answered "keep waiting ", of course in French, nobody used a single word in English, they get angry when you talk in English and they answer to you in French very rude. Summarising, I left the control at 14.35, my gate was 8 min away running, arrived at the gate at 14.45pm and the crew member told me I had lost my flight. Unbelievable. Worst experience ever.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"airport should be more careful when selecting their staff"

Not Verified | Very rude and unhelpful staff (hostesses from ADP, Orange and black uniforms). Other passengers and ourselves were shocked by one in particular's attitude! Orly 3, just before the security check towards gates 11 to 15, this morning! (29th May). The airport should be more careful when selecting their staff, really.
Date VisitMay 2021

"worse than Paris CDG"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly seems to be worse than Paris CDG: First of all, getting there with public transport is either an ordeal (RER C and T7) or expensive (RER B and ORLYVAL). The buildings appear to be from the 60s and most of them not renovated for some time. Airport Structure is quite confusing with Halls and Terminals and all, and Terminals are not Inter-Accessible. Everything to do with ground staff is abysmal, Security forces you to put every item in its own box slowing down the whole process by people waiting until all their boxes arrive, passport control with few counters open, the PARAFE automatic controls were broken. There are very few info screens in the airport, and the scattered airport layout can cause quite long walkways.
Date VisitFebruary 2020