Paris CDG Airport

Paris CDG Airport customer review

I have been travelling through CDG for 22 years and dread the experience. If you arrive at a busy time it always seems to take forever to get through security and passport control. You can wait up to 30 mins for a transfer bus to arrive then take up to 20 mins to change terminals. I regularly take a bus transfer from 2E to 2B and takes 50 mins for this. Staff at the Air France 2E transfer desks are extremely slow I timed them one day and the average was 10 mins to deal with each person. Frustrating when all I needed was to get a boarding pass because the automatic check-in ones were not working. Food and drinks in CDG are overpriced profiteering from a captive clientele on a grand scale. Overall a depressing dirty and poorly managed airport and if another European hub offered me the same connections I would avoid it like the plague.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Paris Airport CDG is a joke. Our flight arrived 2 hours before the connecting flight but me we missed it! We arrived at 6.20 3 bus rides of more than 10 minutes each which take you to a gate only to find that you are there to wait for a connecting bus with a wait before it comes. There are queues poor signs and staff who refuse to speak English. As we were taxiing away we saw our luggage being left behind we told the cabin crew who to assured us our luggage was on board only to reach our destination and find our luggage missing.

(Sweden)

Airport staff on the ground are incompetent. We had to wait on the plane 20 mins because there were no stairs ready when the plane got to the gate. Then a wait for the bus. This is an international airport and they need to able to assist international travellers. Nobody knew what was going on and they all gave me different directions. In any event I would do anything in my power to avoid this airport. It is not worth the stress and anger required to go through Paris CDG.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Overall a rather tiresome confusing airport that I do not like to use for various reasons: frequent strikes affect operations and/or transport links to airport. Ground staff at Air France were not helpful and seemed to make a point of being so but that's just 'Air Chance' and their wretched attitude problem. General cleanliness is poor and there may be personal safety/comfort concerns (over 150 homeless people living in CDG make for a disquieting spectacle). Shopping options poor/boring.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

As many others have said it is a pain to come from a long-haul flight and have to take a 15 min bus ride around the airport then wait for bags for 20-30 min. Leaving the airport is fine with not many lines (considering the volume of traffic) and numerous cafes and quality duty free shops. Access to Paris is very easy with the metro and buses (no need for the hefty taxi prices). Overall quite good experience if you remove the almost certain bus ride.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

We arrived early for our return flight to London so decided to go through passport control and into the departure hall and wait there. The wait at passport control was not bad although the passport officers seemed disinterested. The main problem occurred when we got to the departure hall we had thought we would get a bite to eat however after a long search we discovered there are no cash machines or anywhere to get money. The toilets were dirty and resembled a couple of portacabins stuck together this is despite an abundance of cleaning staff who seemed to be doing very little.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

What a horrible mess of an airport. We were dropped at terminal E where we also had a connecting flight - but of course we couldn't go in to terminal E. Instead we got a slow shuttle bus to terminal D where we had to try and figure out how to get back to terminal E and why we couldn't have been dropped there in the first place. Apparently CDG doesn't believe in signs or information. Staff are either incompetent rude or slow. It's been under construction since at least 2006 the first time I visited it.
Airport Shopping N/A

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Paris CDG must be the worst airport in Europe endless queues indifferent airport staff confusing or no signs to direct passengers and very limited seating.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

A nightmarish experience at the CDG airport. Queue after queue. It is inhumane to make people queue like this. Airport staff are rude unhelpful slow and listless. Arrived 3 hours early and yet almost missed my flight!

(New Zealand)

What a dreadful place. Design is ludicrous giving a bunker-like claustrophobic feel. Endless queues going nowhere. Badly organised rude security showed passport (UK) five times all quite ridiculous. Is this the French trying to be efficient? Took 2.5 hours to get to plane and we had checked in online!