Palma de Majorca Airport

"issues put me off returning voluntarily"

Not Verified | I've got to admit that our recent trip to Palma has been the worst airport experience I've had in a long time. Sure, high tourism makes things difficult but I much prefer UK/French airports. Arrivals was dirty and worn, essentially also resembling a half-finished construction site which it has been for years. Toilets are disgusting with uncleaned waste on the floor, and no effort of assistance from staff. Extremely long queues at border control, little organisation and very little officers working. Those working were arrogant and rude, going as slow as possible and laughing at building queues. Definitely not a great start to a vacation! Baggage reclaim is okay. Departures are just as unclean and unorganised, despite our check-in being good. Security was fast, however, I did question if their checks were thorough and an agent didn't even look at the screen while I went through the scanner, much worse than UK airports. The departure lounge is also disappointing, extremely busy and no organisation, stores shutting unexpectedly and large amounts of individuals messing around. Walk to gates also showed the age of the terminal with tiles from floor missing, making it look like out of a third world country. Despite this, the area near the gates was modern and comfortable despite little temperature control, meaning it was a relatively nice send-off. However, the airport issues have put me off returning to Majorca voluntarily, really disappointed!
Date VisitJuly 2024

"no free drinking water access"

Not Verified | Departure zone A still has no free drinking water access. Each time I fly out of Palma I am told it is because of construction work! It is a legal requirement across the EU that free drinking water should be accessible to passenger yet for some months it has not been.
Date VisitJune 2024

“customer service was horrible”

Trip Verified | Upon trying to board the plane we were told that our carry on bags were too big and forced to stop and wait until the plane boarded and then pay extra to plane side check our bags. Upon booking our tickets we pre paid extra for assigned seats and for carry on bags, to then be charged more money upon boarding to check bags that are certified as carry on bags. We have flown for more than 15 years with our bags all over the world and have never been told they are too big and can not be carried on. Also the treatment, the customer service was horrible, we felt taken advantage of and robbed. We were threatened with sercurity pulling us off the flight and to top it off our daughter was with us and was scared and confused. Both the Palma airport and the airline Vueling are horrible, the gate agents should not be allowed their jobs.
Date VisitJune 2024

"the worst airport experience"

Not Verified | Confusing as to where to check in. Went to EuroFlight area only to be directed to British Airways check in area. Long walk. Queued there for about 25 minutes. Bags taken and given boarding pass. Then upstairs to shops, shops and more shops had to walk through large concourses of over-lit shops selling perfumes, cosmetics and jewellery. Both aged 80+. Nowhere to sit. Our tickets allowed us to use Customer lounges, but closed. Very long and confusing walk to Area A from where our flight took off and not well signposted. Eventually reached appropriate area. British Airways Heathrow flight delayed. Sat for about an hour before boarding. Further delay over luggage loading before our flight eventually took off. Oh, dear! Have spent very many decades travelling but this was the worst airport experience ever.
Date VisitApril 2024

“the way we were treated was disgraceful”

Trip Verified | My husband has airport assistance. At 9.30am after going through security we we taken to an area and told to wait to be taken to the gate, there were no toilet facilities in this area or anywhere to get a drink. Our flight was due to take off at 11.20am. People who were on later flights than us were taken to their gates, upon asking when we would be taken the reply was you will have to wait. We eventually were taken to the gate and when we got to the lift to go down to the ambi lift the man driving the truck said oh you won’t have time to go to the toilet now and laughed, we eventually boarded the plane at 11.16am, we were totally stressed and as a result will never visit Majorca again, the way we were treated was disgraceful. On a note there were about 8 people dealing with the assisted travel it was totally disorganised and they spent most of their time standing around, there was not a lack of wheelchairs or staff.
Date VisitApril 2024

"Highly recommend!"

Trip Verified | Really excellent airport! I flew to and from Palma De Mallorca airport for a weeks holiday. There was absolutely no queues! But it was 2am so it was expected. But even when I arrived at about 12pm, the queues were short and went very fast. Definitely a great experience! No delays or inconvenience, except for most of the shops being closed on departure but as stated earlier, it was 2 in the morning. Highly recommend!
Date VisitOctober 2023

“staff were friendly and professional”

Trip Verified | I had occurred an injury (ankle) the night before my flight so I didn't have time to book special assistance. On arrival to the airport I enquired what to do but from start to finish the staff dealt with me with care and were friendly and professional. I have never had to do this before and I was amazed by the service (especially as I did not book). Thank You very much.
Date VisitNovember 2023

"Over an hour to wait for cases"

Trip Verified | Over an hour to wait for cases. Nobody around to help and TUI staff (who we had booked with) didn't want to know. Terrible. And rude start to our holiday.
Date VisitJuly 2023

"staff were super friendly"

Not Verified | Well done Palma Airport on a great experience for travel with passengers needing additional assistance. The staff were super friendly and so helpful with our young family. They kept us together as a family, which is not true for all airports. This made the whole experience a lot less stressful and more like part of the holiday. Very impressed.
Date VisitApril 2023

"only two passport officials stamping passports"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport. Hundreds of people waiting and only two passport officials stamping passports. This seems to happen every time we land they really need to sort themselves out and get a proper amount of staff to handle plane loads of people arriving. No water fountains to be found anywhere and general lack of care for passengers
Date VisitFebruary 2023