Orlando Airport

Orlando Airport customer review

I have transited many airports in Europe and the US and think that MCO is one of the easiest to get around. It is also one of the more pleasant to wait in as there are plenty of stores to browse and different eateries to select from. Plenty of seating and natural lighting too. What you have to know is that the airside gates are away from the main terminals connected by an elevated tram system. Because of this I would suggest you do any eating or shopping before going through security as the options airside are somewhat limited. Although there seems to be a Starbucks in all the airside gate areas so I'm happy. They have gotten much better with security the last 3 times I've been through (June October November 2009) I never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be screened. Arrivals both domestic and from international have not been a problem either. Passport and customs is pretty smooth and you can now choose if you want to take your bag with you on the tram after clearing customs or put it back on the belt and collect it in baggage claim. This is a wonderful option for those that just want to get out of the airport as quickly as possible after a long plane ride. All in all a pretty pleasant airport to transit - miles better than IAD or ORD but my favorites will always be AMS or MUC.

Orlando Airport customer review

I departed from MCO and had a mixed experience. Landside MCO is a veritable shopping centre and my wife and I had a browse ate in the food court (very reasonably priced). Security was cleared in minutes and we were airside within minutes. Aer Lingus flights depart from gate 28 and this departure area is not particularly pleasant. The range of shops cafes and bars is limited and in stark contrast to landside is quite expensive. Two glasses of average wine came to just under $20 for example. Very annoyingly only one set of restrooms in this area were working leading to queues! This is wholly unacceptable. Unlike the vast majority of airports this area doesn't have any executive lounges. Servisair operate in the airport surely there is a market for such a lounge. I would be quite happy to pay for this service.

Orlando Airport customer review

MCO is a great airport for departing passengers: bright airy spacious great range of shops and restaurants. Arriving (from Dublin) is a nightmare. Clearing customs and immigration is pretty efficient. Baggage is anything but. You have to collect your bags deposit them at another belt and then wait for their delivery into the arrivals area. Even allowing for the transit from customs to arrivals we had to wait almost a half an hour for bags to arrive. There's a global recession on folks why not try to make arriving in your airport a less stressful experience. As I said the departure experience is much more pleasant.

Orlando Airport customer review

This airport must be so new (it is lovely clean light & bright-looks like a mall) that they haven't had time to install signage; or they ran out of money! After we returned our rental car (Avis in the airport) we rode the escalator upstairs to ticketing to check our bags only to discover we didn't know which way to go; apparently finding the airline on your own is the game of the day. Went one way turned around went the other way asked directions were told to go to the other side and take a right didn't find asked directions again told to keep going straight take a right and we'd find USAir. Finally did find it but at no time anywhere was there a sign - for any airline! Is this an airport with airline ticketing? And we must have walked a mile; good thing we had about 2 hours! Oh and lets not forget that before returning the car we found a close-by service station (SunCoast) to fill up the gas tank - at the great price of $4.39 a gallon! We had to go to Orlando on business but you can be sure we won't be going there on pleasure after this experience. We'll take our recession money elsewhere.

Orlando Airport customer review

On the whole Orlando International Airport is a very enjoyable airport to transit through. The only two problems seem to be security queues and rental-car check-in queues. The security issue has significantly been improved over the 12 years I have been transiting through the airport albeit queues could be around 15-25 minutes at peak times over at Concourse B when the Virgin Atlantic British Airways & Lufthansa International flights depart. The problem with rental car check in has been improved in the last few years. The worst does seem to be Alamo however Dollar seems to be the best contender especially during peak times around 14:00-17:00 with queue to car (Side B) in less than 15 minutes. Overall Orlando is a great and relaxing airport to transit through and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Florida especially internationally. With the expected terminal renovations it should make the experience even better.

Orlando Airport customer review

I actually think MCO isnt that bad! The only issue I continue to have is with the rental car checkins - Dollar kept me waiting for around 90 minutes as there were 50 people waiting and only 3 people behind the desks. Maybe we can start reviewing Rental Car Companies on this website?

Orlando Airport customer review

Horrible mass confusion. It took us an hour to navigate after dropping off the rental car and going through screening. Albeit we did arrive only an hour prior to boarding but it shouldn't have taken an hour on a Tuesday at noon to leave. Their screening area was a jumble not enough lanes open for the amount of travellers. We had to get rescreened because I put my laptop in the same bin as my shoes etc (don't do that) and it took forever for it to come back through once they separated it. You definitely need 2 hours to go through there airport.

Orlando Airport customer review

If You are arriving into this airport and are going to go to Disney use the Disney Magical Express Bus Service. This is the way to go.. If You are going to do Disney stay on the property and at Disney's Pop Century Resort. Now when you get off the plane and you are on the side that has a water fountain on it walk right through that and follow the sign for chillis too. Once you see Chillis too look for the b side which you will see solantic Urgent Care center. Go to the elevator and go to level 1. When you get to level one look for disney magical express bus service. You must check in at the desk before boarding the busses. After you check in you will be assigned by your resort for the busses. When you are eating inside the terminal go to Famous Familga's Pizza and Sabarro it is great. Don't bring water or anything through TSA and have your laptop computers out of the bags. Now when you get off the plane (Except for disney resort guest) you will arrive on level 3 in the main terminal. Baggage claim is on level 2 of the airport as well as curbside pick up. If You are getting a Taxi its on level 1.

Orlando Airport customer review

Orlando airport is in dire need of renovation which it appears they are working on but if you are traveling through this airport currently prepare for less-than-comfortable surroundings. I fly through many airports and this is by far on the low end of major airports. In the 1-29 wing the ceilings have been removed revealing the structure and it looks as if asbestos is exposed to all. There are air ducts in plastic running overhead that shoot a brisk breeze to all below. There are minimal food options and restrooms. The line at Starbucks is huge because it's the only game in town in this wing of the airport. The airport does nothing to help their cause. If you have the option fly into Tampa which is much nicer especially if you're on business. You can avoid the families and retirees who know little about navigating through security etc.

Orlando Airport customer review

I travel through MCO several times a year on business and have found the airport to be pleasant to transit. Yes the Disney influence screaming kids and ridiculous "monorails" to the main terminal were off-putting at first but I've grown to appreciate the kitsch factor and a Bose headset mutes the brats. The only real lines I've encountered at Orlando were for ticketing and curbside usually alleviates this - it's worth tipping the skycap to avoid the rabble. Security checkpoint lines are usually VERY fast a welcome difference from the TSA mess at most other major airports. Personnel are usually polite efficient and a few are even downright friendly - again a welcome surprise. I travel most often on Southwest and that carrier's terminal is impressively clean and modern with a number of shops and fast food choices. Walk times from the furthest gates are a bit on the long side but I don't mind the walk. I've never had to connect at MCO though so I can see how this would be a challenge especially between different carriers. For a busy congested airport you can do worse than to travel through Orlando - think "Miami."