Orlando Airport

"rudeness will never be forgotten"

Not Verified | First, the staff who checked us in were amazing. I was travelling alone with a toddler and they were very helpful. Then I went through Security and that was the worst. I am not a frequent flyer. I explained this. Mind you, the airport was empty. I'm flying for the 2nd time in my life and they huffed and puffed when I asked simple questions. I did not know to get out 4-5 plastic tubs myself for my things, while making sure the grandbaby is still next to me. So they had to help and were very displeased. Then I ask where to find my terminal. The employee rolled his eyes and pointed to the left. I asked if I needed to get on the train. Another employee laughed and asked if I was serious. Yes, in Atlanta you can actually walk to some terminals so I was unsure. Not all people fly all of the time. Have some patience. Treat people with respect and don't assume they know their way around. There were no other passengers anywhere to follow or ask. Sorry I had to interrupt them from socializing with each other, but their rudeness will never be forgotten.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"the signage is terrible"

Trip Verified | I have the unhappy experience that will bring me to your airport from time to time. I have suffered the tortures of the dammed because the signage is terrible. You closed the B side car rental but you have failed to notify the public. I have looked but found not a single sign. I fly Delta so I use the B terminal. Well to my dismay and consternation I find no signage telling me where to find Delta. I do see a sign that tells me about all the other airlines in the A terminal. What do you have against Delta? Now I know why your airport was rated just above Newark. I wonder if a news report about these shortcomings at MCO would be interesting reading on several websites as I have now twice tried to report these problems on your website but it errors out every time.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"security check not social distancing"

Trip Verified | Concerns about social distancing. This is 1st travel since pandemic, at check in everything was fine upon going thru security check people were not social distancing there was plenty of TSA agents to in force. Also on Tram no Enforcement. This was not what I had expected.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"Shame on airport management"

Trip Verified | We arrived at MCO (Orlando Airport) on Mar 18 at 11.00 pm. Airport was fairly empty as expected except apparently a couple of other planes arrived around the same time. Airport security or TSA whomever controls the trams from the gates to the terminal shut down all but 2 tram cars just as 200-250 people were trying to go from gates to the terminal. With all the concern over Covid19 why in the heck would the airport jam all those people into 2 trams. It probably took 2-3 trips back to the terminal to move all the people. We happened to be on the front end of that crowd and once in the tram had no chance to socially distance ourselves from anyone. It was like stuffing sardines into a can. There were 4-6 airport personnel controlling the situation and they all were obvious to any social distancing requirement being imposed for health purposes. It was 11.00 pm which must have been quitting time and they just did what they did every other night when 11.00 pm arrived. Please allow them to understand what is going on in the world today and try to assist in stopping this current virus. If you cannot allow the employees to make better decisions on their own then airport management needs to be in field understanding what is happening in your airport. Shame on airport management.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Worst airport security"

Not Verified | Worst airport security I’ve ever been through. They don’t know what they are doing and contradict each other. Staff if very rude and not intelligent whatsoever.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"airport has outlawed gum"

Not Verified | If you chew gum to keep your ears sane on takeoff and landing, bring it with you as this airport has outlawed gum. Apparently too many kids spitting it out on their carpets. Watched 3 family's spill the extra large McDs sodas on the carpets with no complaints or cleaning. If you fly from here and kids are screaming on the airplane with ear pain - thank MCO! Fly to Tampa if possible.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"customer service needs a lot of attention"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I’ve ever been to. The people at the security are so rude and mean. When the lady was telling me to put my feet in the yellow lines I didn’t hear her so she continued to scream it at me. Next my purse gets checked and the man very rudely asks if I have anything in there that will hurt him. I’m a 20 year old white girl I don’t even know how to work a can opener sometimes. Then he pulls out my victoria secret perfume and says this is too big to go through security so I can destroy right here in front of you or you can mail it to yourself. Throws the perfume at me and doesn’t direct me to any kind of ups or anything so eventually I got tired of going in circles and threw my item away. Now I’m sitting here waiting for my plane and crying. Isn’t this supposed to be about customer service? What is the point of being rude to everyone you encounter? The customer service needs a lot of attention. How can you expect people to enjoy their time and get good reviews if y’all act like this. I haven’t read one good review since because this places is straight trash.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the most uncomfortable airport"

Not Verified | I’ve flown through Orlando six times this year. It is by far the most uncomfortable airport I’ve been in — many people, very little seating or bathrooms. If I ever have to stay in the airport for more than 4 hours, I leave and come back. Maybe that is exactly what the city wants us to do.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"One of the worst airports"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airports. Huge lines for security at 4am, incredibly rude TSA Agents who subject children to body scanners and subsequent pat down of a sick 13 year old wearing shorts and a thin shirt, and no shoes with nothing in their pockets. Refuse to give their full names or badge numbers or any other identifying info. Never had an issue at any other airport including Philadelphia, BWI, Seattle, Vancouver, Venice, Toronto and others.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"this airport is not up to par"

(Macau)

Trip Verified | Simply stated, this airport is not up to par considering the popular destination of Orlando. People travel from all over the world to visit this city and this is the best the city can do? Trash simply put. 1) Poor restaurant choices. 2) Limited number of restaurants. 3) Horrible selection of restaurants (you've never heard of most of them, few franchises). 4) Horrible security/TSA lines with no organization, crowding people like cattle before the ID check and then subjecting them to a surprise Disney-esque maze lineup after BEFORE getting to screeners. 5) Slow shuttles to gates. 6) Limited seating at Food Court. 7) Limited seating a gates. Seriously, I thought Orlando bills itself as a "worldclass" destination, it's a destination with no class!