Orlando Airport

"Not bad service but it could be better"

Not Verified | Very fast security. Staff could be friendlier and more clear with their directions. Bathrooms weren’t very clean. The chipotle ran out of almost everything. Not bad service but it could be better.

"What an awful airport"

Not Verified | What an awful airport. The TSA was fine however the layout, sanitation, seating, is awful. For being the happiest place on earth I would say don’t bother. Disney, Universal, Sea World all need to step in and force this city to step up their game. No cold drinks to buy, luggage takes for ever to get unloaded, bathrooms broken, dirty and sinks not working. With the amount of money coming through this airport. There is no reason not to elevate. Shame on you Orlando. Take care of your travelers.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no need for the dirty smelly airport!"

Trip Verified | I have come and gone from this airport for many years, l haven’t flown for a couple of years because of Covid. In July of 2021 l visited my son for a week. I flew Frontier from Rochester to Orlando which was just fine but the experience back was less than pleasant. The staff at the airport seemed to be trained in inconsiderate customer service. They’re rude and crude for the most part. I will say that the gentlemen that checked me in at the Frontier counter was very pleasant. He was THE only pleasant employee l experience during my 2 hour stay in the airport. The worst thing l encountered is that airport gate 16 smelled liked urine no matter where stood or sat. I feel that this is the one airport that should be setting an example for our nation since it is the number one vacation destination. Get it together Orlando! There is no need for the dirty smelly airport!

"Very rude TSA"

Not Verified | Very rude TSA. Not 1 person I encountered was nice! Traveled with many family members. On the way to security checkpoint, 1st TSA encounter: was yelled at while I was with my two young children (to walk shoulder-to-shoulder side by side: difficult to do when 1 child was in a stroller). 2nd encounter near check point was told to scan my tickets with another very rude TSA worker who called me back as I was about to walk to get a body scan, he was upset and had a very mean/annoyed facial expression. Again yelled at: “who are they!” I replied “my children Sir, I scanned my ticket sir”. 3rd Encounter and thankfully the last! I had to dump my sons water from his bottle at a close trash bin (didn’t happen at JFK airport where I’m originally from as the TSA there was friendly and performed a test to check the water, lady smiled and I was on my way). Had to throw away a plastic spray/sip bottle that I was unaware contained approximately 1 ounce of water. I asked if he can just please allow me to dump that water out as well and was told “No, it’s too late” but he let me dump my sons water from his bottle. I was totally confused as I watched him confiscate it. He then checked my sons backpack and took his 4 oz unopened juice box and tossed it! As I said before I was traveling with many other family member and other children who were all able to keep their juice boxes from another TSA worker a different line. Worst experience of my life traveling through Orlando Florida airport! And I’m from NYC.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"go through security check again"

Trip Verified | We arrived at the airport 2 hours early as a precaution of the long security checks. We got through the security checks after 30 minutes (what a relief) so our family of 6 decided to use the lounge membership before departure. Our departure is Terminal B gate 35. One of the lounge is located in Terminal B, gate 1-29. We took the tram to the lounge. After finished, we have to take the tram back to tram lobby area (this is the security clearance area after the checkpoint) to take another tram to our gate 35. The TSA employee closed the door and told us we all have to exit and go through security check again, although we have already waited in line and completed the security checks for 6 people. We had only 10 minutes to complete the security checks before our plane boards. The tram for gate 1-29 is the only tram that is separated by "Exit" door once the passengers depart the tram lobby area. The logistic of this tram design is so absurd that even though passengers already went through security check, but if you use the lounge (tram 1-29), and have to depart to any other gate, you have to go through security again. Airport Logistics Department need to re-assess this as this will cause passengers to crowd checkpoint lines and miss their flight. Very frustrated that this happened.
Date VisitJune 2021

"I’ve never seen anything like it in my life"

Not Verified | Literally the worst airport experience I’ve ever had in my life. If you can help it at all, do not fly into or out of this airport. We were departing back to Philadelphia from Florida yesterday and arrived at the airport with 2 hours and 45 minutes before our flight. Walked into a line wrapped around the entire one side of the airport wondering what the hell was going on. Turns out it was the security line. There had to be over 600 people in this line, all very disgruntled to say the least. It took us over two hours to get to security. We rushed our things through and ran to catch the shuttle with our shoe laces untied. Luckily got onto the shuttle as the doors were closing and sprinted to our gate from there with about 5 minutes to spare before the doors closed and we missed our flight. The thought of missed our flight only to have to go back to ticketing and returning to that torturous security line again was enough to make us prepare to drive two hours to another airport to fly out of. Despite the fact that we made our frontier flight by a hair, we ended up sitting on the plane for another 30 minutes to wait for the 56 (!!) passengers that were still not present for that was supposed to be a full flight. The airline waited for about half of them to get onto the plane and had to leave the other 20 some passengers behind. This experience alone made an otherwise decent trip a horrible experience that we were left with. I will never ever ever fly into or out of this airport again and urge others to consider the same. Aside from the insane waiting and stressful rushing to our gate, the staff at the airport was very rude and cavalier about the situation. Non apologetic, no concern and just flat out rude. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. On top of everything, we were practically starving for a period of 5 hours since the time we thought we might have to grab a quick bite before our flight was spent stressing in an insane line and frontier doesn’t serve anything on the plan for passengers. I would have rather driven to Florida. Also, I was forced to give this airport one star for some reason, but they deserve negative stars. Steer clear!
Date VisitMay 2021

"Very rude and disrespectful employees!"

Trip Verified | Very rude and disrespectful employees! I have been treated so poorly by ever staff member I come into contact with. Where do I start besides saying I am an experienced flier with many miles under my belt. The lady at the Camden food co. Counter slapped the counter several times, forcefully trying to get me to move up in line. I couldn't because the people in front of me were still moving their bags. I said have a nice day and she said "whatever". Shall we start with TSA now? I was being told to step closer by a TSA agent who was farther away. I could not hear them because of the masks. The TSA agent in front of me said, "hey, Dumbo come get in now, shouted and talked down at me just to stand on the yellow feet and put up my arms. She then starts to grab my arm and pull me out of the machine. She said "keep the line moving boy" boy? Who do you think you are. I gave them no reason to treat me like that.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Ended up missing my flight"

Trip Verified | When my family first got here it took an hour to retrieve our luggage. On the day it was time to return home it took an hour to make it through TSA. These lines were nothing I have seen before in my history of traveling. It was worst than customs ×3. They were rude and everyone is doing something different. One say take electronics out while the other say leave it in. Then when I told her the lady just said leave the electronics in, one TSA employee says "I don't know what airport said that to you". I had enough at this point. I told her this airport told me that and as a matter of fact it was your coworker. Ended up missing my flight and had to stay another day.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | I read previous reviews about the rudeness of the TSA/check-in staff and surprisingly they were right on. Absolutely rude, that’s all I need to say. Very disappointed!
Date VisitApril 2021

"rudeness will never be forgotten"

Not Verified | First, the staff who checked us in were amazing. I was travelling alone with a toddler and they were very helpful. Then I went through Security and that was the worst. I am not a frequent flyer. I explained this. Mind you, the airport was empty. I'm flying for the 2nd time in my life and they huffed and puffed when I asked simple questions. I did not know to get out 4-5 plastic tubs myself for my things, while making sure the grandbaby is still next to me. So they had to help and were very displeased. Then I ask where to find my terminal. The employee rolled his eyes and pointed to the left. I asked if I needed to get on the train. Another employee laughed and asked if I was serious. Yes, in Atlanta you can actually walk to some terminals so I was unsure. Not all people fly all of the time. Have some patience. Treat people with respect and don't assume they know their way around. There were no other passengers anywhere to follow or ask. Sorry I had to interrupt them from socializing with each other, but their rudeness will never be forgotten.
Date VisitDecember 2020