Orlando Airport

"not a friendly user installation"

Trip Verified | Orlando International Airport is definitely not a friendly user installation. You have to walk and going up and down to reach your luggages and the parking. Also the staff at security gates (TSA) are not fit to handle customers. They are rude, impolite and unprofessional. They need to retrain at Disney Institute, few miles away from the airport, to learn about what is quality service!

"Security is horrendous"

Trip Verified | TSA/Security is horrendous and caused us to almost miss our flight. We checked the airport app upon arrival and the estimated wait time for Gates 1-59 security was 6-10 minutes. So we took our time, got some coffee, etc. My wife checked the app again a bit later and suddenly the wait time was 22-26 minutes. We hurried over and discovered the chaos that is MCO security. Several times, several lines merged into one or branched from one line to several. It was like herding cattle. The last time the line branched we apparently chose the wrong line. It just wasn't moving and when we finally got to the front we find that the bag scanner wasn't working properly. All told, it took me 47 minutes to get through security, but it didn't end there for my wife. Her bag was pulled out to be searched, along with a few others'. I went on to the gate to plead with the gate agent because we were about to miss our flight. My wife tells me that the two bags in front of hers were searched because of 1) Disney picture frames, and 2) a hairbrush. For her, it was a handful of quarters. She ran to the tram, then from the tram towards the gate. Luckily I saw her just as the gate agents closed the door. I told them she was on her way and pleaded with them to let us board. They reopened the doors for us and let us on. TSA was rude and condescending, though. I witnessed it myself but my wife tells me it got even worse after I left. We don't travel to Florida often, but it will never again be to Orlando.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"MCO is the worst airport"

Not Verified | I live in Florida but have traveled quite a bit and I have to say that MCO is the worst airport that I've ever been to. Going through the lines for security is a mess. It's like herding cattle. Today I stood on one spot, in a line, for over a half an hour. Once I got to the scanner, the alarm went off. I went back through and it was fine. The lady behind me had the same thing happen. Needless to say, I and the lady behind me, missed our flights. Going to try OIA next time.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"ill informed rude staff"

Not Verified | I have been travelling to Orlando for over 25 years for vacation and work, and over the last 9 months this immigration situation has gone from bad to appalling. You arrive after 9.5 hours in the air to go through a small area with no refreshments or bathroom facilities and then you put your passport into the machines getting a ticket which has cleared you for entry. Once out of this area you are the herded by ill informed rude staff to meet the customs officials and get asked the same questions by these people, some of whom are really nice others can be really obnoxious. So you land at 3.30 pm and get your baggage at 6.00 p.m. Not acceptable. Get this new area sorted get your entry system sorted, get your staff trained in customer service. I have been into dozens of US and other country customs area and this is by far the worse.
Date VisitApril 2018

"revaluate wheelchair service"

Not Verified | Wheelchair passengers had to wait 15 extra minutes on the plane before wheelchairs arrived at the gate, even though they wheelchairs had been requested in advance. Then, once we deplaned and had our wheelchairs we had to wait additional time before anyone arrived to push us. OIA needs to revaluate their wheelchair service contractor and demand that they hire additional people and buy more wheelchairs. It's a good thing we didn't have a connecting flight or we could have missed it.

"definitely my favorite"

Not Verified | MCO being my home airport is definitely my favorite, but I have many reasons that would put this under favorites for many non-floridians. First of all I am a frequent flyer and with TSA-Pre Check you can zip through security lines here. The airport is organized and although there is a high amount of passenger traffic everything runs smoothly. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping areas as well as an Apple store which is awesome. The airport is super clean and transportation shuttles are everywhere so you will always get to your gate on time. I have almost never experienced delays at this airport even during international departures. There is also great Wi-Fi through out the whole airport. Customer service and staff are calm and helpful and always cheerful! The only thing I would add to this airport is more international gates to increase international traffic. The overall experience is amazing though, so if you ever fly into Florida I recommend Orlando International Airport!

"an awful place"

Not Verified | I was very disappointed in the Orlando Airport. The lines are extremely long going through security and the airport employees are very rude, disrespectful and loud. I would never hire any of them to deal with any of my customers. I have been through that airport now three times, and always the same thing. I feel sorry for the first time flyer- it’s an awful place! All they need to do is be nice. If I treated my customers this way I would be fired!
Date VisitAugust 2018

"tired and ill-prepared airport"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have come across and totally unacceptable for a destination that relies almost entirely on tourism. It is an unfriendly, tired and ill-prepared airport to arrive in. We were held on the plane for 40 minutes because they had no space for us in the arrival halls and then we had to wait in 'holding pens' for a couple of hours in endlessly long snaking queues standing up. Everyone had arrived at that time from long haul flights, so already exhausted. All the children were crying, there were no seats available for those who needed to sit. Nobody wants to spend three hours getting through the airport when they have travelled so far and then need to travel further to their final destination. The ceilings were all coming apart, everything looked very tired and not fit for purpose. Even an apology over the tannoy system would have been appreciated but there was nothing. Only commands to not use your phone or camera. I would avoid this airport at all costs. Plus the signage throughout is terrible!

"Very tiring airport"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Arrived at MCO on September 27, departed on October 3, with my wife visiting Disneyland. Very tiring airport, as after arrival have to take a shuttle to reach main terminal and then got to go down a level to collect luggage. Collecting luggage is not the easiest task as there is not enough space to wait around the carousel - tends to be busy most of the time due to Disneyland! Fairly warm as well. Signage there is not as clear as in other airports. Got to ask staff for info most of the time. Most staff are polite and try to help. Similar situation for departure, but signage is a bit better. TSA is much more strenuous than in MIA - put me aside for further check because they "found something on my clothing", even though I was wearing just a polo shirt, flip flop no belt and had removed my watch and rings. Then they emptied my carry on and checked my Hersheys chocolate - "Hugs", "Kisses", etc! An airport that makes you feel tired! I would say avoid it if you can!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"passport lines were too long"

Not Verified | On our arrival from Paris, we were kept in the airplane for 50 minutes because, we were told, the passport lines were too long and there was not enough space in the passport/customs entry area. When we were finally let out of the plane, we were taken to a holding area, where we waited for another 20 minutes, and because my wife and I had Global Entry, we were allowed to proceed at that point to the passport area. Goodness knows how much longer the other passengers, visitors and US citizens mixed together had to wait before being let into the passport lines, which were long enough that it would have taken at least two hours total from landing for them to enter the country. Once we got to the Global Entry line there were only two machines, and one was out of service. The one machine available did not operate properly for many of those in the line with us and in my case it failed to recognize that I had Global Entry, even though the passport official we finally got to admitted that we did. A disastrous experience overall and a wonder that any foreign visitors arrive in Orlando or US citizens decide to use MCO as their international gateway. We live in the area but are now considering abandoning nonstop overseas flights from Orlando in favor of other gateways.