Orlando Airport

"there is no signage"

Trip Verified | Orlando International has two separate security check points in terminal B that are gate specific. Our boarding pass that we got printed a few minutes prior to going through security didn’t list a gate. Having not been to the airport before we just got into the first check point with our kids and all the carry-ons. It took about 20 minutes before we got to the TSA desk at which time they told us we had to leave and go to the other check point. We then waited in line another 20 minutes to get to the security screening in the second checkpoint line. Our complaint is that first the gate should be printed on the boarding pass as clearly the TSA counter had this information 20 minutes later. Second, there is no signage or employees going around checking to inform travelers they are in the right checkpoint. We all expect some wait at the airport but things like this are simply maddening! Further, when we talked to the TSA folks, they rolled their eyes like this is a very common thing and they wished it wasn’t that way. So my question is this, why isn’t the airport leadership taking this on as an issue to be corrected? Also, the gates for Delta were super crowded! We had to stand the entire time waiting to board, which isn’t easy with small children.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"the worst I have ever seen"

Passport control at this airport is the worst I have ever seen on this planet bar none. Our plane landed from London at 5:50pm, the air bridge took 15 minutes to dock at the aircraft. Then we were told that the customs hall was overloaded and there would be a passenger hold on the aircraft for a further 20 minutes. Despite being first off the plane we then waited in line for another 2 hours. Customs was also no better, there were a total of 6 CBP lanes open for all arriving visitors. My wife also got a secondary immigration inspection for the apparent reason that she would be staying too long (we were on 2 one-way tickets) despite us both being on the same bookings and me being admitted without question. That whole process took another 90 minutes of waiting for a single CBP officer. So after landing at 5:50pm we got to our rental car at 10:30pm. We will never use this airport again. Orlando lives from tourism and frankly with a welcome like this they can keep it. I would give zero points if allowed.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"employees rude and offensive"

Not Verified | Avoid at all cost, this is the worst airport I have flown into. The employees are rude and offensive, do yourself a favour fly to Sanford. I will not be flying with Virgin again because they land at this airport in the looses term, I would give it minus If it would let me.

"avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | TSA lines 30 minutes or more, and the airport authority staff sitting in various places around the main floor do nothing to inform. This place used to be one of the best. I would now avoid at all costs. Horrible treatment of the flying public.

"What a joke!"

Not Verified | What a joke! The staff members at this airport are the most rude and ignorant people I have encountered in my life. Be prepared to deal with the worst attitudes possible and for no apparent reason. I have traveled to this airport many times and this will be my last! I refuse to deal with these security and ticket staff. From now on I will just fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"appreciated their integrity"

Trip Verified | Honesty, graciousness and hospitality describe my latest trip to MCO last week. I was traveling there because my daughter was having surgery so my mind was scattered. Once I landed after flying for 5+ hours, I was ready to catch Uber and get to her house before her surgery early the next morning. As I was taking off an outer coat due to the 40 degree warmer weather, I set my purse down. When I gathered my things as the Uber driver came up, I left my purse on the planter. Of course when we got to her house - no purse. My Uber driver was going back to the airport and offered to see if he could locate it when I gratefully appreciated. My daughter went on line to file a lost and found report. We prayed and moments later, a detective called. They had been trying to locate me for more than 30 minutes. The Security Guard at the airport found my purse and immediately turned it in. When I spoke to the Detective, I thanked him profusely and asked about next steps. He said Lost and Found would contact me the next morning. They did - twice. They confirmed the contents with me and gave me instructions as to how to pick it up. I told them I would come after my daughter's surgery was over and they understood completely. Around 1pm the next day, I went back to the airport and found them - they were already waiting for me. I asked how I could repay them - tips, writing letters of appreciation or what. They said none of that was necessary and asked how my daughter was. All I can say is how much I truly appreciated their integrity, concern and graciousness. I will highly recommend the Orlando Airport and Orlando in general and a wonderful place to visit!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"not a friendly user installation"

Trip Verified | Orlando International Airport is definitely not a friendly user installation. You have to walk and going up and down to reach your luggages and the parking. Also the staff at security gates (TSA) are not fit to handle customers. They are rude, impolite and unprofessional. They need to retrain at Disney Institute, few miles away from the airport, to learn about what is quality service!
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Security is horrendous"

Trip Verified | TSA/Security is horrendous and caused us to almost miss our flight. We checked the airport app upon arrival and the estimated wait time for Gates 1-59 security was 6-10 minutes. So we took our time, got some coffee, etc. My wife checked the app again a bit later and suddenly the wait time was 22-26 minutes. We hurried over and discovered the chaos that is MCO security. Several times, several lines merged into one or branched from one line to several. It was like herding cattle. The last time the line branched we apparently chose the wrong line. It just wasn't moving and when we finally got to the front we find that the bag scanner wasn't working properly. All told, it took me 47 minutes to get through security, but it didn't end there for my wife. Her bag was pulled out to be searched, along with a few others'. I went on to the gate to plead with the gate agent because we were about to miss our flight. My wife tells me that the two bags in front of hers were searched because of 1) Disney picture frames, and 2) a hairbrush. For her, it was a handful of quarters. She ran to the tram, then from the tram towards the gate. Luckily I saw her just as the gate agents closed the door. I told them she was on her way and pleaded with them to let us board. They reopened the doors for us and let us on. TSA was rude and condescending, though. I witnessed it myself but my wife tells me it got even worse after I left. We don't travel to Florida often, but it will never again be to Orlando.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"MCO is the worst airport"

Not Verified | I live in Florida but have traveled quite a bit and I have to say that MCO is the worst airport that I've ever been to. Going through the lines for security is a mess. It's like herding cattle. Today I stood on one spot, in a line, for over a half an hour. Once I got to the scanner, the alarm went off. I went back through and it was fine. The lady behind me had the same thing happen. Needless to say, I and the lady behind me, missed our flights. Going to try OIA next time.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"ill informed rude staff"

Not Verified | I have been travelling to Orlando for over 25 years for vacation and work, and over the last 9 months this immigration situation has gone from bad to appalling. You arrive after 9.5 hours in the air to go through a small area with no refreshments or bathroom facilities and then you put your passport into the machines getting a ticket which has cleared you for entry. Once out of this area you are the herded by ill informed rude staff to meet the customs officials and get asked the same questions by these people, some of whom are really nice others can be really obnoxious. So you land at 3.30 pm and get your baggage at 6.00 p.m. Not acceptable. Get this new area sorted get your entry system sorted, get your staff trained in customer service. I have been into dozens of US and other country customs area and this is by far the worse.
Date VisitApril 2018