Ontario Airport

Ontario Airport customer review

I travel monthly for business and Ontario International is my airport of choice. Living in Southern California I have the choice of 4 major airports within an hours drive. Ontario is easy to get to modern and has fast security lines. I have only had a delayed flight once and it was mechanical. Luggage service is fast and efficient.

Ontario Airport customer review

Arrival was straightforward and painless: my luggage was on the carousel within 10-15 minutes there was hardly any wait for the car rental shuttle and I was soon on my way. The return departure was less satisfactory. Because Delta's website would not let me check-in online I followed the instructions for airport check-in and arrived two hours in advance of the scheduled departure time (0410 for an 0610 departure). It was over an hour before any agents showed up to check me in by which time a long and irate queue had formed. All the other airlines were up running and checking pax in by 0430 but Delta was not and we were given no explanation for the delay. Of course by the time I was through security there was no time for any breakfast before the flight. And even if there had been there seemed to be only one airside place open serving breakfast and that had a queue to be seated. I would probably use ONT again as it is only 15 miles or so from where I stay regularly in California and the queues usually aren't anything like as bad as at LAX (especially to go through security) but this airport does seriously need to improve its customer service.

Ontario Airport customer review

Situated some 60 minutes from LAX direct with access to the 10 freeway quite a good option for travel into California. The airport was taken over by LAX a few years ago but they are starting to limit the flights there and promoting their main airport. The airport was built to provide up to 20 million passengers a year but in fact only about 5 million will probably use the site this year. The airport is pretty laid back with not bad facilities check in is easy and collection of baggage quite straight forward. Word is that the local municipal will take over the running in the next couple of years this would see an injection to make the facilities more appealing. The first improvement needs to be to eating facilities. Car hire is a couple of minutes shuttle away. On site long term packing at $9 a day seems a bit expensive.

(Brazil)

Rather quiet airport especially when compared with other area airports such as LAX and to a lesser extent Orange County. I quickly turned in our rental car and took the shuttle back to the terminal where I'd left my wife with our bags. We checked in quickly even at Southwest Airlines. Curbside check-in is readily available. Security lines were short and moved quickly. There aren't many places at which to eat and aren't necessarily the highest in quality but we found someplace to satisfy our needs.

Ontario Airport customer review

We arrived here shortly before Xmas and ours was the only plane at the terminal (where Continental United and Delta are; the terminal where Southwest is had a couple of planes there). On departure lines were short at the airline counter and almost non-existent to go through security. As noted there is a dearth of eateries there and none at all outside of security (so if you are waiting for an arriving passenger bring your own eats). There are no airline clubs. But it is certainly less hectic than LAX and others. We saved on rental car prices by going to an off-airport location. There are plenty of hotels in the area many with shuttles.

Ontario Airport customer review

We frequently fly into Ontario airport as it is the closest low prices airport to Palm Springs. The new buildings are a huge improvement over the old huts of years ago. However you should be warned that the few poor quality food and bar services close very early in the evening and late in the mornings. Unfortunately that is when we usually are arriving or departing. Our last trip after Tgi Fridays was already closed at 7pm we followed the food signs all the way to the end of Terminal 4 only to find the cafe had not even been completed - coming soon.

Ontario Airport customer review

Ontario has lost a few airlines including Jet Blue so it is even quieter than in the past. There are two terminals. A low-key alternative to LAX assuming of course you can find a flight and the price is no higher. There are a number of hotels nearby with free shuttles from/to the airport.

Ontario Airport customer review

I have only arrived and departed on domestic flights. Lines have generally been short. Overall airport seems efficient and clean. Only complaints: lack of food services outside of the security gates (if you are waiting for someone to arrive) and distance from the terminals to the consolidated rental car building (on the other hand the fact that all rental car companies are together makes it easier to shop for prices though you can often get better prices at nearby off-airport offices of the same companies).

Ontario Airport customer review

I've flown many times through Ontario and found it a great alternative to LAX or Orange County Airport when flying into Los Angeles/Southern California. The airport is relatively new as Terminals 2 and 4 were opened in the late 1990s. I've yet to use the International Arrivals Terminal so can't comment on it. The terminal entrances are all on the first level with arrivals and departures on the second level where security is also located. Each terminal has a few restaurants and shops after clearing security but these generally are timed with the last departures so passengers arriving late night or very early morning will find few options beyond the vending machines. The facilities inside the terminals are clean and well kept. With the exception of one outbound flight that was canceled I've been able to get from the check-in counter through security and to my gate in under 30 minutes with 15-20 minutes for baggage retrieval. In the near ten years I've traveled through ONT the number of passengers/visitors has increased but luckily that hasn't translated into any delays in or around the airport. In addition I've found that flying in or out of ONT isn't more expensive than LAX or some of the other regional airports since ONT is served by many airlines. Currently international flights are to/from Mexico with departures out of either Terminal 2 or 4 but any direct flight from Mexico would arrive at the International Arrivals Terminal located just before Terminal 2. I'd recommend ONT to any one looking for an alternative to LAX.

Ontario Airport customer review

I have always used Ontario International for the hub of my travels. It is close convenient and clean. It is small without all the rush hassles of a large airport like LAX. The staff are friendly and always around. The shops are clean and the service is granted with a smile. I highly recommend this airport.