Nice Airport

Nice Airport customer review

I have used both terminals here and my conclusion average and in-offensive. No major issues with anything. It all works sort of ok except if you want a drink on the way out of T1 which is a slight challenge but it all sort of works fine.

Nice Airport customer review

The transportation into the heart of the city is so easy and cheap on the bus. The airport itself is fine enough but certainly has enough to make it all a very pleasant experience.

Nice Airport customer review

Terminal 1 very straight forward. Baggage arrived very quickly. Sign posting good. If going into town try the number 23 bus - its only one Euro compared to 4 Euro for the express bus.

Nice Airport customer review

My experience at this airport was traumatic. I arrived at around 1:15 via an Emirates plane from Dubai on the 23rd of June. My passport was duly stamped I proceeded to customs. I am from Africa so I guess my colour called attention to me. The customs officers took me to a separate room where they emptied my bags read all my documents asked me all questions that could come to their mind stripped me made me pee in cap as they watched tested me for drugs without my permission and later gave me a form to sign (by force to say that I had consented to these tests). My experience at this airport has made me hate the French - that was my first encounter with these country. I am not surprised the French have to invest so heavily in counter terrorism activities - they bring on themselves.

Nice Airport customer review

Arrived and left from NCE this week in the old terminal 1. Overall the airport has improved a bit from a couple of years ago however the check-in is rather chaotic with only a few counters per flight leading to long queues. Restaurants in terminal 1 are okay nothing special though. Also went to terminal 2 newer and better with less congestion and better restrooms. During peak times certainly NCE airport is no place to stay for long.

Nice Airport customer review

I fly through this airport regularly and find it perfectly OK. A tip. If there is no queue at the non EU passport line we always use it and have never had a problem. We use online check in with both Easyjet and BA as the Easyjet lines can be long and the staff can have a somewhat Gallic couldn't care less attitude. After queuing for half an hour for Easyjet I was told no hand baggage not even a mobile phone because of a security alert. Luckily I was able to call my wife as checking in a computer and a cellphone are not really an option. I can recommend the Paul stands at T1 and T2 for excellent sandwiches and amazing macaroons and pastries. We usually stock up there as the BA and Easyjet food is nothing to write home about. Both terminals are clean with working AC and my wife loves the free champagne in the lounges. Worth keeping the Priority pass going just for this she says. We usually find Alamo the cheapest and easiest car rental.

Nice Airport customer review

T2 is inadequate for the volume of people passing through. There are insufficient seats only one cafe (again with insufficient seats) which with typical French bureaucracy has a queue all the way to the poorly stocked Duty Free shop. Car Rental desks would be a joke if you didn't have to queue in them - taking 10-15 minutes per customer to process.

Nice Airport customer review

Flew into Nice T2 from Liverpool to have a 45min wait for passport control the problem was only one person checking the EU only queue and two people checking the non EU queue but there was no one waiting for non EU?. The baggage to a further 20mins to arrive so over an hour for luggage. The return wasn't much better - firstly security was poor with a lady in front allowed to take liquid through which is banned. After passing security T2 is very poor with no seating available and a very poor selection of shops / dutyfree. The only positive was the swift easyjet check-in.

Nice Airport customer review

The new Terminal 2 really makes Terminal 1 look "tatty". Much less crowded and smooth handling. My main criticism is that the "kiss and fly" drop-off lane has a concrete kerb on both sides so you are stuck in it until the cars in front leave.

Nice Airport customer review

Things have improved. Terminal 1 in particular is a better and less claustrophobic experience now that many carriers have moved to T2. However T1 is showing its age many of the seats in the airside holding area are still so filthy that I would not wish to sit on them. If there is a problem in keeping them clean then the covering material should be either something cheap and replaceable or plasticised for easy cleaning. Luggage delivery and check in are both faster. Boarding announcements are often inaudible or unintelligible or both. The prices of the catering facilities in both terminals is a scandal about €3 for a small bottle of water. This is daylight robbery particularly now that one is not allowed to take one's own water through security. Why can't they have drinking water fountains? The answer is obvious - rampant greed. This should not be allowed.