Nice Airport

Nice Airport customer review

It is always a pleasure to transit through this airport. I've seen it improve over the years. The management of the Paris airports should come here and take some lessons on how to run an airport. They certainly need to. Or even better they should be sacked and replaced by the Nice management but then perhaps Nice wouldn't be so good.

Nice Airport customer review

Nice Airport 2030 last Friday night. Three Easyjet flights to UK leaving within 20 minutes of each other between 2130 and 2150 from T2 plus at least one other international Non Schengen departure so perhaps close to 500 people. Queue stretching halfway across the terminal and back again. 25 minutes standing in queue. ONE passport official on duty. This is a fairly normal situation and one I am told the airport authorities have taken up with the Police (who provide the passport officials) and who refuse to do anything. could probably live with that if it were real security if they were checking passports if the process made us safer. Our passports are all in leather covers as I handed them towards him he waved me through without even looking inside - the covers could in fact have been empty. Is this security? The seats in the departure are filthy and tatty. Not surprising when you see how people use them. I saw one man sitting there picking his feet in full view of everyone. Non smoking zones are treated as a joke and this airport supposedly the gateway to one of the world's prime tourist areas is pathetic. Luggage delivery times are unacceptable too.

Nice Airport customer review

The airport is fine fairly clean and easy to use. I fly out of here once about once a year. My only current complaint relates to a pre-check-in security inspection on a recent international departure. We had purchased a small (12 cm across) very fragile ceramic plate on our trip. We carefully packed this plate in our carry-on luggage. During a hand inspection at security the inspector demanded that this plate be placed in our checked luggage since it could be used as a weapon (she motioned how you could hit someone over the head with it). Believe me it seemed an incredible concept that you could injure someone with this small thin incredibly fragile plate. Yet the inspector persisted and we anxiously placed the plate in our checked luggage. The amazing thing was that in the duty free store in international departures (long last the final inspection) the place is selling huge strong appearing ceramics which one really could use to cause damage.

Nice Airport customer review

Nice has always been my favourite airport because of the beautiful views (both when you land/take off and from the terminal) and its friendliness and lounges but now they show they are innovative too. Their 'Airport Premier' system puts to absolute shame larger European airports such as LHR and CDG which I use most often. Now if you fly at least 10 times a year out of Nice you'll get a speedy (separate Airport Premier line) and extra-secure (biometric tests etc) security control as well as number of discounts in the shops and restaurants and reserved parking areas close to the terminal entrances. This is what I call intelligent and efficient customer service. By contrast I fly out of Heathrow at least 20 or 30 times a year and never feel privileged in any way: queues tend to be long at security food is expensive etc. CDG where I transit most often is hardly better.

Nice Airport customer review

In the terminal which deals with flights to and from Edinburgh the number of shops and their contents are very few. It is also disappointing that in a French airport the selection of French beauty products and French perfumes is so poor. On the positive side the airport is both extremely clean and comfortable which is one of the reasons that I will be passing through it in three week's time.

Nice Airport customer review

I agree with the (mostly) positive comments about this airport which despite its size feels friendly and is clean well-maintained and beautifully situated. My only small gripe is that a long wait at car hire offices is often necessary - the numbers of staff do not seem to relate at all logically to periods of high activity. but once you have the car - and have negotiated some eccentric signing around the roadworks close to the airport - you're quickly on your way on the excellent autoroutes du sud.

Nice Airport customer review

Overall the Nice airport offers good facilities. The homepage is good you can get a lot of information there. The only thing I have to criticise are the restrooms. In the Schengen-Area I found only one small restroom there is another downstairs but without a hint. So passengers sometimes have to wait.

Nice Airport customer review

Nice is undoubtedly my favourite airport all round! Both terminals are lovely and offer beautiful views of the runaways and sea the airport is only a short 20 minute cheap bus ride from town the lounges are great staff surprisingly pleasant across airlines. The airport is both large enough to offer many services and small enough to be pleasant and friendly.

Nice Airport customer review

The main problem with Nice airport which is a major problem with many french airports is the fact that some of the luggage reclaim area is open and it is even easy to get inside the closed one. I saw a passenger simply opening a door and getting in (no staff around) and getting back out with the trolley. Terminal 1 has not got this problem but believe me it is very annoying arriving with a flight and picking up luggage with a lot of people around. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stealing went on a person can simply get in the open baggage reclaim area and pick a piece of luggage up.

Nice Airport customer review

The extension to Terminal 2 is an outstanding piece of architecture - spacious and airy and bathed in the Azurean sunlight. Even this jaded cynic was impressed for the horrors of CDG have engendered a particularly virulent cynicism regarding French airport design but much thought has gone into making the NCE T2 experience a genuinely uplifting one. From the waiting areas one has a clear view of the Promenade des Anglais. Indeed if one is travelling lightly it's only a walk of 70-80 minutes between emerging from the airport and sitting down to a cocktail at the Negresco Hotel.