Nice Airport

"airport is not big enough"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I was flying from Warsaw to Nice and back. The airport is not big enough for the amount of passengers travelling there. As the arrival zone is really good, the departure zone isn’t. It’s overcrowded and the selection of restaurants and shops is really poor. We were changing gates twice. It’s not a good airport, but I’ve seen worse.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"treated me like an annoying package"

Trip Verified | The special assistance at this airport was the worst I have received in all my travels across the globe. I am sight-impaired and rely on these staff. Neither at arrival or departure spoke English and treated me like an annoying package that needed transferring, not a person. At departure I asked for help getting some water and when understood, he waved his hand as to dismiss my request. He rushed me through security, where I lost my jacket as a result. He left me in the departure area without telling me he would come back to escort me to the correct gate. This left me extremely anxious. There were only two airline staff in the room and neither could help me. It was a horrible experience all round and made me feel like a burden, not a person who should be treated with some respect/understanding. I hope I never have to travel to this airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"customer service is so terrible"

Not Verified | Me and my husband came to visit Cote D’ Azure and had a great time, however, the experience at the airport was terrible. There was no distinguished line between the groups which had to board the plane and we were told numerous time we needed to wait for our group number although there were people just passing through. We were group 5 and were made to feel horrible. Finally, they said group five could start boarding and my husband proceeded - they did not let him go in because he had hand luggage and of course, they let someone else go in with two hand luggage items. No idea why the organisation was so poor and the customer service is so terrible.

"no appropriate seating"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We are here at present after completing a cruise in Monaco. We have 4 hours before we can check in. There is no appropriate seating and the airport is filthy. Third world. We live in a little backwater like NZ and our airport is first class in comparison to this. Shame on you France!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"the worst airport I have departed from"

Trip Verified | I am an avid traveler and this is the worst airport I have departed from. The staff were rude, gawking and picking through your toiletries as I was trying to consolidate to the 1 litre bag requirement. There were several security officers who approached me in the 10 minute window that I was in the security line questioning and asking about all of my toiletries from my contact solution to my deodorant. Avoid if possible or if you must travel through this airport I suggest checking your bag to avoid and limit your interaction with the rude staff.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"I would avoid the place"

Trip Verified | I have not visited the EU in many years but understood that one of the benefits of EU membership was easy travel between EU countries. I travel frequently to the US so I am used to strict passport checks. On arrival at passport control at T2 in Nice, I found myself in a very long queue containing all travellers regardless of origin so having an EU passport was of no advantage. There was a bank of 5 E reading machines but they were not in use. The wait there was longer than the wait time I experience in the US. Mind you the long wait did not matter as the baggage had not been delivered by the time we got through. On departure we found a long queue to get into the Easyjet compound despite having paid for Speedy Bag drop. That was of no effect till we reached the compound. Airport security was not too bad but I would advise paying extra for Fasttrack as that was quiet. Not being a regular EU traveller I had not experienced passport control on leaving a country. I understand this is normal in the EU although not in the UK where you only show your passport to an airline official when leaving the UK although for flights to the US there have always in the past been Border Control officers at the gate. On my last flight out, they were not present so maybe that no longer applies. Anyway, the queue to get to the departure gates was even longer than the arrivals queue and people were getting anxious that they would miss their flight. Again it was one queue for everyone regardless of Passport and there was a line of E readers that were not in use. So why is it that in the UK you leave the country without any government passport checks but things are different in Europe? My abiding memory of Nice was standing in queues so I would avoid the place if possible. Maybe it is better off season. Thankfully arrival in Edinburgh was a smooth and swift operation with E readers and speedy baggage services.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"there were only two boarder police"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Flying out from terminal 2 Nice airport, passing through security was just about ok. Then one passes through the duty free which I didn't get to enjoy as I was advised to go to section B for passport control which, when you consider is within the shengen zone, is an unnecessary step. At passport control there were only two boarder police and none of the biometric gates were open this led to a significant 35 mins delay which meant our flight was late boarding.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the lengthiest walk possible"

Trip Verified | Airport secritiy divider queue belts unmanaged thus making it the lengthiest walk possible to reach the scanning screens. All passengers understandably taking short cuts but when I was stopped for doing so, I queried the belts be opened for customer convenience. I was grabbed by the forearm by a young security personnel whom I had to shrug off. He then summoned me to the longest queue available. When I tried to complain to his superior, he told me there were 7 cameras in the area which he could refer to to verify my complaint. To this I agreed but 5 minutes later, I was told that he didn’t wish to pursue the matter anymore mentioning “the police” twice.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"absolute disgrace security is"

Not Verified | What an absolute disgrace security is. Rude beyond belief. With no control or early support for those who struggle packing or removing liquids. Travelled to many distinctions across the world. They really need to up there game here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"unprofessional and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Very unprofessional and rude staff. The staffs were impolite and not willing to provide basic info on flight. They have lost my luggage and I have a little hope to get it back soon as several flight already flew from nice airport to my destination and I have no status. I saw one of the staff shouting at business class clients. I have never experienced such behavior in any airport i have been so far. The airport is in a desperate need of good management and some training on customer service.