Nice Airport

"there were only two boarder police"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Flying out from terminal 2 Nice airport, passing through security was just about ok. Then one passes through the duty free which I didn't get to enjoy as I was advised to go to section B for passport control which, when you consider is within the shengen zone, is an unnecessary step. At passport control there were only two boarder police and none of the biometric gates were open this led to a significant 35 mins delay which meant our flight was late boarding.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the lengthiest walk possible"

Trip Verified | Airport secritiy divider queue belts unmanaged thus making it the lengthiest walk possible to reach the scanning screens. All passengers understandably taking short cuts but when I was stopped for doing so, I queried the belts be opened for customer convenience. I was grabbed by the forearm by a young security personnel whom I had to shrug off. He then summoned me to the longest queue available. When I tried to complain to his superior, he told me there were 7 cameras in the area which he could refer to to verify my complaint. To this I agreed but 5 minutes later, I was told that he didn’t wish to pursue the matter anymore mentioning “the police” twice.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"absolute disgrace security is"

Not Verified | What an absolute disgrace security is. Rude beyond belief. With no control or early support for those who struggle packing or removing liquids. Travelled to many distinctions across the world. They really need to up there game here.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"unprofessional and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Very unprofessional and rude staff. The staffs were impolite and not willing to provide basic info on flight. They have lost my luggage and I have a little hope to get it back soon as several flight already flew from nice airport to my destination and I have no status. I saw one of the staff shouting at business class clients. I have never experienced such behavior in any airport i have been so far. The airport is in a desperate need of good management and some training on customer service.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"men's room a health hazard"

Not Verified | The men's room was a disgrace and a health hazard. No toilet seats, dirty walls, toilet paper dispenser seemed to require special training. Joe's coffee bar serves poor sandwiches at upmarket prices. Good thing they give you the calorie-number. Bad thing they can't be right for the flimsy cracker they pass for a Joe's Club Sandwich. Give me an Italian train station any day of the week, better, cheaper food and without the marble-floor pretence. The security guy saïd he didn't speak English and scurried off. Sorry, Nice.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"recently the experience has become horrendous"

(Monaco)

Not Verified | I have been using Nice airport for the last 20 years and has always been a pleasure but recently the experience has become horrendous. Departure flight - Unable to check-in luggage until 2 hours before which does not leave enough time to get through all the queues. I had speedy boarding with the airline but the regular queue was faster. Security queue wasn't too bad on this last trip but is now situated at the opposite end of the airport to check-in so not very practical as you have to cross the entire length of the terminal. Passport control is where it really becomes ridiculous, just 2/3 people checking passports of hundreds of people, queued for almost an hour here, luckily we had gotten to the airport early. Tensions were mounting as people who were close to missing their flights were trying to push in. Used to be able to take my time at Nice airport and hardly queue, this last time had to queue for the entire 2.5 hours I was there. Have had the same experience the previous 3/4 trips so something has gone seriously wrong. Arrival - Already arrived an hour late (nothing to do with the airport) at 22.00. Staff shortage so had to wait 20mns on the plane, then when we finally got to the terminal had to wait an hour for luggage. When I asked someone for information the airport worker could not tell me anything saying that offloading the luggage was down to the airline and nothing to do with the airport. Unfortunately Nice is my closest airport, so I do not have the choice but to use it, otherwise I would never fly from/to there again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"really unfriendly"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | My husband was operated in Nice and a week after the operation he was allowed to fly home to Finland. We had Business class tickets and requested for assistance and a wheelchair. Before check-in started a kind person told us not to queue, and to go first in line when check-in starts. When check-in started, there was very quickly about 10 persons in front of us. My husband went to talk to the person at the priority-desk about assistance and she asked my husband to take his place in line. When it was our time to chek-in, she called assistance and said it would take about 20 min. to get a wheelchair. I asked if this could be speeded up since my husband had already been standing for a long time and was in great pain. The woman at the desk said she could not help. About 30 min later the wheelchair was still not there and we were the last ones standing at the check-in point. I went to ask if she could speed things up. The answer was really unfriendly, she was not in charge of wheelchairs and she would not call and speed things up. I pointed out that my husband has had a big operation a week ago and we needed to get to the lounge to get him lying down for a while. She laughed and told her co-worker about our wishes and they laughed. I asked for the woman's name, and she told me I don´t need it for anything. 15 minutes later we started walking through security-check and to the lounge. As we walked away the check-in person end the woman next to her laughed at us. I have never experienced anything like this. We had business class tickets! The personnel at Infinity lounge were really nice though! When we arrived in Helsinki assistance and a wheelchair was waiting for us at the door, as it should be.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Avoid if possible"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Hate them. They took soft cheese I bought as a souvenir for my mom. Careless. Dirty bathroom and dirt on the floor, not even signs for the toilet. Avoid if possible.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Arriving was a mixed experience"

Not Verified | Arriving 9pm with my wife in wheelchair was a mixed experience. Very nice guy met us with wheelchair and took us thru system to bus stop for shuttle to T2. Got off bus, no signs to. Car hire desks Then what is a massive walk for a person with poor mobility. Worst access to car hire area I have ever seen and all in a newly designed terminal. Enterprise staff helpful and apologising for terminal design.
Date VisitMay 2019

"one of the noisiest airports"

Not Verified | Nice Airport is unfortunately one of the noisiest airports I know, and I'm not talking about the sound of planes, but noise pollution inside. Forget about working or listening to music. Where modern airports have cut down on noise pollution by stopping constant microphone calls for passengers, boarding, and various announcements, Nice has periods of time where it's virtually non-stop. Plan to spend as little time as you can there, it's straight out of the 80s in terms of noise management.