Newquay Airport

"Very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Very poor experience. Flight delayed by over two hours obviously not the fault of the airport, but we were then obviously a nuisance as it was the last flight of the evening and I guess they wanted to go home. Cafe more or less ran out of food and the pulled pork bap served to two of our party caused sickness the following day. It was barely lukewarm and in hindsight we should have rejected it. Having settled down for a two hour wait, plus the two hours you have to allow, we were called to the boarding gate and made to stand for forty minutes ... the incoming plane for our flight had not even landed! Children were exhausted and crying ... we had been happy enough playing cards. Returnin luggage belt ridiculously small for 100plus cases, and no covered walkway in wet weather. Exeter for me in future!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"airport can’t cope if something goes wrong"

Not Verified | This airport can’t cope if something goes wrong. We flew out on the 29th June 2019. There had been a number of flight delays that day. Our flight was not delayed and we arrived within plenty of time for check in. Check in was chaos, not enough desks and a queue that never seemed to move. Staff were not prioritising passengers to get to their flights in time. The information desk had a huge queue, it was impossible to speak to anyone. We were lucky to find a member of staff who then rushed us to the front of the queue. We were then told the flight had closed! After voicing our opinion on this incompetence, the flight was reopened (for us and all the others stuck in the queue). We were then given a personal escort through security, I didn’t get her name but she was very helpful and professional (the only professional staff member we encountered). After all this, our flight hadn’t even landed when we got through to the gates! If travelling from Newquay, allow lots of time for check in as the process moves at the rate of a snail.
Date VisitJune 2019

"greedy and short sighted"

Not Verified | This review regards the parking at Newquay airport. I have just booked parking for 3 days at this airport for a trip to London Heathrow. I am astounded at the exorbitant cost of £40 for three days, by comparison a recent booking at Gatwick airport is £48 for 11 days in the official long term car park for the North terminal. Cornwall council, I believe runs Newquay airport and they want us to use the airport as the gateway to the west. There are no shuttle buses from Truro or St Austell also no trains, the only way to get to the airport is by car or Taxi (very expensive). To charge these parking costs is both greedy and short sighted by the council, especially as the one thing they are not short of at this airport is space. I for one will not be using this airport again, I can drive to London for less cost in fuel!
Date VisitApril 2019

"abysmal state of seating"

Not Verified | Newquay airport is excellent apart from the abysmal state of seating in the main departure lounge. Seating all torn and very scruffy. It has been like this for a long time. Unacceptable!
Date VisitMarch 2019

"they just don’t seem organised"

Not Verified | Whenever I depart from this airport it seems that the planes are always delayed for silly reasons and for a very lengthy amount of time. It’s a very nice airport and nice staff - they just don’t seem organised- “routine maintenance” that occurs when the plane is supposed to fly? Surely you would plan the 2+ hours it takes on another day.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"not impressed with the security staff"

Not Verified | Security staff asked me to remove my belt and leather bracelet which a female member of staff took from me. Upon retrieving my luggage after the security scan my bracelet was missing. Staff started 2 look on the floor and were unable to find it. Just as my blood was about to boil another passenger found it in his personal items. Needless to say I was not impressed with the security staff who clearly had no respect for my personal items. Very disappointed.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"staff were very helpful"

Not Verified | Recently travelled with a broken ankle. The staff were very helpful getting me on and off the plane. The special waiting area was a nice touch because I was scared of getting knocked by other passengers.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Super small airport"

Not Verified | Super small airport. Arrival was swift off the plane and into the arrivals section. Only waited 5 minutes for the case. Car hire is literally just outside the terminal with cars in the car park nearby. Departure checkin was easy, spaces to wait outside with picnic benches. No queue at security at all with friendly staff. Very small departure lounge but straight onto plane that was parked outside.
Date VisitMay 2018

"big issue is how inaccessible it is"

Trip Verified | A small regional airport with a convenient commuter service to Gatwick and Manchester throughout the year, with a raft of other destinations in the summer. The big issue with this airport is how inaccessible it is and it's lack of integration with the public transport system. The ONLY way to get to this station without a car is a local bus that runs between Newquay and Padstow quite infrequently. If they ran a shuttle service to connect you with the major rail hubs at St Austell or Truro it would really improve matters, but for now they're happy to force you on a 2 hour bus journey to either of those locations (there's no direct service), or a half hour taxi ride that will set you back at least £50. If the transport options were better I'd use this airport more often.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"really bad public transport links"

Not Verified | It is great that Cornwall has an airport connecting it to the rest of the country and indeed the rest of the world. Not so great is the really bad public transport links to and from the airport. The 15 or so miles from Truro to the airport should not take the best part of two hours and should not involve a change of bus along the way! The main city in the county should have a direct and frequent shuttle bus service to and from the airport. Taxis in Cornwall are a notoriously expensive alternative.
Date VisitFebruary 2018