Newcastle Airport

"Well done Newcastle"

Not Verified | First time travelling through Newcastle using the hidden disabilities lanyard scheme. Excellent idea and it worked very well. Staff were friendly and helpful and made passing through airport so much less stressful. You have the added bonus of passing through fast track security and with easyjet get speedy boarding. Well worth doing for those with disabilities. Well done Newcastle.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"Absolute disgrace"

Not Verified | Absolute disgrace, there are 48 public seats which at busy times is not sufficient. All of the public areas have been taken over by bars with exorbitant prices and loud music. Doesn't give a good impression of the North East. Total shame that they have done this.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"herded through like cattle"

Not Verified | When arriving at Newcastle airport at 01.25 this morning 13/10/2018 I was happy to be back home after a great holiday in Greece. When walking to security I could see there was a big queue to get through passport control. What an absolute disgrace it was to be herded through like cattle. 3 to 4 flights had landed at the same time. People were going under the barriers to get to front of the line and no one battered an eye lid. I eventually got through at 02.15. Then going to the baggage reclaim area our suitcases wernt there. 50 minutes after the plane had arrived at Newcastle. I have always had a good experience at Newcastle airport up untill now. It will be a long time till I fly from or arrive back at Newcastle airport as I find Leeds Bradford airport a lot easier and the staff are a lot more pleasant to their customers. As a Geordie, born and bread, shame on Newcastle airport to treat passengers this way.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"shame on you Newcastle Airport"

Not Verified | It is beyond belief that when arriving back from holiday into Newcastle the queue was so bad to get through passport control that the escalator had obviously been disabled by the airport. The e-gates have been installed, a grand total of 5, when I believe 3 holiday flights had landed, the area consists of around 10% of the overall space of machines and the other 90% for customers to be pushed through the area like herded cattle! When I mentioned to a member of staff that the situation was really unacceptable, having arrived from Malaga where they had 14 e-gates for one area of the airport, I was greeted with “not enough staff, what do you want me to do” I don’t really know when it became acceptable for paying passengers to be treated like animals and idiots but shame on you Newcastle Airport, shame on you!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"the worst airport"

Not Verified | We live in the North East and choose to fly from Newcastle for convenience, however we may choose to fly from Manchester or Leeds next time. The check in with Jet2 and through security is spot on but once you get through to the departure lounge it is a different story. We were flying at 06:45 and although relatively quiet at the time the general seating was dirty with rubbish lying around. The best is yet to come. £30 for 2 drinks and 2 bacon and egg sandwiches. We waited 45 minutes for the sandwiches and when they came we could not eat them. They looked like slop and they tasted just as bad. No time to argue though as we actually needed to board the plane. It has to be the worst airport we have ever been to.

"it just gets worse"

Trip Verified | This is my third visit to Newcastle airport this year and every visit it just gets worse. No complaints with check in or security, it is the general cleanliness of the whole departure area. From filthy tables chairs floors and fixtures of the establishment's. The dust and dirt is thick and the staff do not seem to care, walking past full tables with litter and glasses. Try and find a clean table, impossible. Coming from Newcastle myself, I feel annoyed that tourists must see this and first impressions of our wonderful city are not great.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Got through in no time"

Trip Verified | High marks for NCL. Planned my departure so that there would be few people queuing for security. I was number 3 in line and there were three available security lines. Got through in no time. As per usual, these days, one has to go through duty free to get to the gates. Rather good amount of shopping for a small airport, but few services once you get to the gate areas. Doubletree Hotel at the airport, and Metro takes you to city center in about 20 minutes.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"airport should have organised accordingly"

Not Verified | We travelled to Lanzarote on 05 June from Newcastle and I will say that it was well organised and we had no complaints. Travelling back in the around hours of 13 June however was a totally different experience! We landed early and entered the terminal building to be faced with a queue for passport control at the bottom of the turned off elevator. To get through the e-passport system took over 1 hour. People with non EU passports actually cleared customs well in advance of us. Should we by chance had a connecting flight we would have missed it. Also approximately 20% of the people failed the e-passport and had to re-queue and go through the old fashioned way. We were given the excuse that 5 flights had landed simeltaneously but I do think that air traffic control knew exactly what time each flight would land so the airport should have organised accordingly. It was shoddy and makes you consider using other airports. We have never had the issues at Leeds Bradford!

"it was shockingly slow"

Not Verified | I have travelled from and to Newcastle airport many many times without any kind of complaints. During the early hours of Sunday morning landed disembarked via a tunnel downstairs then back upstairs to arrive at massive gridlock of people waiting to go through passport control, it snaked dangerously up a staircase and stopped escalator then zig zagged through the departure area. There were two flights and around 400/500 passengers all waiting at least one hour to pass through. The use of electronic passport checking should speed up things but it was shockingly slow. I would hate to be here in a few weeks time at peak holiday period. For an "international airport" it just isn't good enough.

"herded like cattle"

Not Verified | Took 1 hour to get through departure. Herded like cattle, no time to grab a drink before boarding. We arrived 2 hours before take off. Arriving home to Newcastle the escalators were turned of and again treated like cattle. E-passport system not good and we had to eventually go to border person. It took nearly an hour to get through, it was awful. We all pay good money to go on vacation - why are we treated so abysmally?